The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

BtB was never about ownership it was more about investment into the team and getting fans involved they wouldnt be buying the club it was getting more of a say (unless i missed something and that changed).

2m+ new shares were to be issued in exchange for the investment. It was about ownership, albeit not majority ownership, at least not to begin with. The crucial impact would have been to wipe out the majority ownership of the MSG.  The scheme was therefore reliant on a high degree of co-operation, compromise, trust. That has all long since been completely and utterly destroyed. I cannot see any other outcome to the situation than the status quo. As they always wanted.

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That happened once mate and to be fair Largs Ton is a total cock.

I'm a lovely bloke.  I save being an arsehole for those who merit it.   You're hurting like Marshmallow cos myself - like my club - repeatedly put you back in your box over the course of last season.   No doubt that trend will continue into 2020 as the point and laughing continues.   Enjoy your Sunday my good man. 😎

Edited by LargsTON

23 minutes ago, frankmccallum said:

Ooft, you’re a brave man speaking to him like that. You should expect a PM within 24 hours offering you a square go approximately 50/60 miles from your home.  He’s a real hard man, you know. 

🤣

2 hours ago, champions said:

It's a fair point.  Personally I didnt think he was as bad as some are making out, although it still wasn't good enough.  The whole midfield and forward line, except for gomis, were equally as bad if not worse than Tidser yesterday.  Also Tidsers was one of only a few who attempted a forward pass.

Teams will be getting a handle on how to play against us.  Stifle , frustrate get the team and support impatient and it worked yesterday. It was always going to be a grind and there will be many results like this to come. The deluded among us that were saying crowds will drop with 5 - 6 goal drubbings  , 100 point season , be over by xmas ( you know who you are ) are now getting the reality check that was always coming their way.

2 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Then in that case, BtB are not the answer. Simple.

Thing is the situation between board and fans had not collapsed to the stage we are at now, it would have been workable (i think) but not now after the runaround they have gave them.  Currently nothing short of complete change at the top but preferably not to MC is the answer as i dont think there will be any chance of a rescue when it does go wrong if he does get the keys to the club.

by the way am not ITK or anything just going on how it appears.

Are BtB ready to come back in when it is announced that the MC bid has failed?

Personally would doubt it but don’t know. IMO the ball is still in the clubs court. They can decide on MC or not and decide the course of action if they don’t go with him.

They have the finance in place to see the season through with ST sales and Vaulks cash. So who knows where it will all go

As said elsewhere, the utter buffoons in our support (we appear to have above the average unfortunately) have picked Tidser as the one to target when things aren’t going right.

As Marshmallo said, he was a damn sight better than Telfer or Longridge, and actually strung together some passes in between the lines that got the likes of Telfer and Longridge into good positions, only for them to f**k it up. 

Then in that case, BtB are not the answer. Simple.

BtB was launched because it was the route the MSG wanted to take. They wanted to see the shareholding widened and to secure the clubs long term future.

How we have got to where we are is for the MSG to explain, they have still to, not for BtB.

No one likes to lose a game, but the blow can be softened by a good performance on the park. Playing well and being unlucky losers still fills you with hope, but Ray offers nothing at all. 

He has been handed a golden opportunity here to look impressive and move on to a bigger club than us, but it looks like he has shat the nest.

51 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

No one likes to lose a game, but the blow can be softened by a good performance on the park. Playing well and being unlucky losers still fills you with hope, but Ray offers nothing at all. 

He has been handed a golden opportunity here to look impressive and move on to a bigger club than us, but it looks like he has shat the nest.

He really will never get a bigger club than us. His card has long since been marked I would think. He has had brief spells of what could be defined as success by the kind hearted, but he has never ever made any group of players more than the sum of their parts, and has never taken a side on to a league championship.

He has been gifted superiority all over the park, but yet again, he manages to make the players perform down to seaside standards.

He defines himself in unbeaten runs, not championships. Yet again, he is failing. Fail next week, and he deserves to go. W2 D1 L2 has to be unacceptable, and it is nothing more than the Montrose keeper’s howler that is keeping him in the job.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Just having a wee nosey through this thread and it's been fucking delightful lately 😁.

One thing I will say is that any ton or bairns fan who said tidser is pish is talking absolute shite. He's a fantastic player and should be a standout. McKinnon had him playing deep on the midfield for is last season and he bossed games.  Surprised to hear that he isn't getting the best out of him. 

5 hours ago, champions said:

It's a fair point.  Personally I didnt think he was as bad as some are making out, although it still wasn't good enough.  The whole midfield and forward line, except for gomis, were equally as bad if not worse than Tidser yesterday.  Also Tidsers was one of only a few who attempted a forward pass.

I used to love your spats with sensible many moons ago.  Just thought I'd mention that.  🤣

Tidser wasn’t the worst IMO. Longridge by far our worst but then again it wouldn’t be hard. I think our support is overly harsh on Dixon too (tin hat on here) as I think he’s being asked to do something he isn’t capable ie drive to the byline and cross. I think defensively he is sound (most of the time).

Tidser wasn’t the worst IMO. Longridge by far our worst but then again it wouldn’t be hard. I think our support is overly harsh on Dixon too (tin hat on here) as I think he’s being asked to do something he isn’t capable ie drive to the byline and cross. I think defensively he is sound (most of the time).

I think a lot of the animosity towards Dixon stems from the fact that McKinnon chose to go with him rather than Robson who despite his defensive frailties is exactly the type of wing back we need to give us width and deliver quality balls into the forwards.

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

As said elsewhere, the utter buffoons in our support (we appear to have above the average unfortunately) have picked Tidser as the one to target when things aren’t going right.

As Marshmallo said, he was a damn sight better than Telfer or Longridge, and actually strung together some passes in between the lines that got the likes of Telfer and Longridge into good positions, only for them to f**k it up. 

There’s certainly plenty buffoons in our support, of that there’s no doubt. Look no further than the 2,200 who bought a season ticket for starters. 

As for Tidser, he lost possession once during the first half. Once. Rather than play the ball out wide to Dixon (again) for a floaty cross, he tried to split their defence open and overhit the pass out for a goal kick. If nothing else it showed a bit of imagination. I too am eager to see more from him, but the blame for that lies with McKinnon. Play Tidser in the number 10 role, in behind the 2 strikers, and I’m quite sure we’ll see the player we all got excited about.