The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

The answer is quite simple.  Motivation.  Tidser moved to Falkirk purely for the money.   His head and heart isn't in it which is being reflected in his performances.  He has no desire to slum it in League 1.   He should've stayed at a club where he was loved and appreciated.   Still, ha ha ha.

It's a fair point.  Personally I didnt think he was as bad as some are making out, although it still wasn't good enough.  The whole midfield and forward line, except for gomis, were equally as bad if not worse than Tidser yesterday.  Also Tidsers was one of only a few who attempted a forward pass.

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yes you can because he should have been sacked in May

How much would that have cost?

I reckon the BoD weighed it up but thought it would be better to use the money in the first team, they probably thought we'd have enough quality to beat the rest of the teams despite McKinnon's deficiencies and then look to replace him if we get promoted.

If we do go on a horrible run then their hand will be forced to make a change.

Guest Moomintroll
Doyle was murder yesterday but has largely escaped criticism for this reason imo. Can't cross a ball but he wore a tie with a tshirt once so he is god.
Top marks for not trying.

I reckon the BoD weighed it up but thought it would be better to use the money in the first team, they probably thought we'd have enough quality to beat the rest of the teams despite McKinnon's deficiencies and then look to replace him if we get promoted.

When they hired him, given what they forked out to clear out Houston, Hartley and 30 players, you would hope 6 months wages tops. If they haven’t - another dreadful call.

He should have gone in May.

Nonsense that there was only one person to blame yesterday.

Agreed, mckinnons input to that game was abysmally inept but I'm not having that he was the one reason.

I watched players like Dixon and tidser receive the ball, turn like stuck in treacle, have a wee check of the wind speed and direction, possibly go full pelt and break into a light jog before getting the ball taken off them by someone in this league that is beneath them having the sheer temerity to tackle them, or by then outside of the boot, backspin float it straight into davie Mitchell's palms.

Relax yerself.

Ps. Ray is to blame.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

When they hired him, given what they forked out to clear out Houston, Hartley and 30 players, you would hope 6 months wages tops. If they haven’t - another dreadful call.

He should have gone in May.

Agreed. He should have gone in May.

Out of interest, if BtB had been successful would they have sacked McKinnon?

19 minutes ago, champions said:

It'll cost a lot more if we don't go up in one season. Which is highly possible under this fucking clown.

Agreed. He should have gone in May.

Out of interest, if BtB had been successful would they have sacked McKinnon?

If BtB has got the club then who knows who would have been on the Board far less who was the manager.

There who have been a selection process that all contributors would have had input into.

So to say what they would and would not have done would not have been in the thinking of those running it until the club had moved into a transition phase.

Pretty sure you were shite under Hartley and the tail end of Houston too.

Who can come in and stop the rot though? Who would Falkirk fans replace McKinnon with? I guess if the Mark Campbell/Park thing goes ahead you’d be looking at more of a ‘first team coach’ type manger so probably more of a rookie manger looking to cut his teeth and leave signings up to the DoF/Park but is that the profile of the man you need to actually take a team up from this league given the last two managers to do it have been McCall and Campbell, older heads who know this league. Also wonder how a squad of McKinnons chums might react to a new manger coming in and trying something different, we saw how that can blow up after Gary Locke was sacked and Hughes came in and gave a lesson in how not to man manage.

I don’t see it as much as a rot but more bad management from our board. Houston had gone by his sell by date and Hartley had us playing some not bad football until he ripped the team apart and replaced the entire squad with players not even good enough for League Two. McKinnon had the excuse of having Hartley’s jobbers until January but nothing seems to have changed in terms of style of football.

21 minutes ago, champions said:

Are BtB ready to come back in when it is announced that the MC bid has failed?

I would hazard a guess that unless the MSG have changed their mind and decide they dont want to sell and are ready to work with BtB and even at that any cash forked out for anything is scrutinised. Giving the current lot a carte blanche with 800k is just lunacy.

other than that i would say its back to square one and look at the other options.

IF any prospective new owners were to come in and even outwith the window another manager would be able to get better out of what we have but in the same breath i dont expect us to go a full season without being beaten, but we should be able to break teams down over the course of 90 minutes.

BtB was never about ownership it was more about investment into the team and getting fans involved they wouldnt be buying the club it was getting more of a say (unless i missed something and that changed).

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

Hahaha.   Red dotting all my posts will be the pinnacle of your season, Marshmallow.   Keep them coming.  That's a whole summer of hurt pouring out there, fatsacks. 😂

Phoned any pensioners for a dash in a car park lately?  🤣

Ooft, you’re a brave man speaking to him like that. You should expect a PM within 24 hours offering you a square go approximately 50/60 miles from your home.  He’s a real hard man, you know. 

Is he being played as some sort of deep lying playmaker?
There was always a perception among fans of other clubs and even several managers that’s his best position, when he’s clearly more suited to playing as the most advanced central midfielder off a centre forward and has played the best football of his career by a distance in a number 10 role. McKinnon seemed to realise this when he briefly managed him last season and it seemed to be the obvious reason that Tidser talked about enjoying working with McKinnon so much, especially when the managers he played under immediately before and after McKinnon didn’t have a clue how to use him.
If McKinnon has now reverted to using him as a deep lying midfielder, particularly if that’s beside someone else who’s pretty slow, that’s an insane waste of a player who should be tearing the league apart. I assume there’s no chance of McKinnon getting emptied until the takeover’s complete, and that’s if it ever is with Campbell appearing to be a Walter Mitty?

This.