The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You can slag him for being a fatty tights, as ling as theres no revisionism. 

FWIW I think he can come good for us pretty easily, he just needs to knuckle down and stop trying to get on soccer AM. 

Is he being played as some sort of deep lying playmaker?

There was always a perception among fans of other clubs and even several managers that’s his best position, when he’s clearly more suited to playing as the most advanced central midfielder off a centre forward and has played the best football of his career by a distance in a number 10 role. McKinnon seemed to realise this when he briefly managed him last season and it seemed to be the obvious reason that Tidser talked about enjoying working with McKinnon so much, especially when the managers he played under immediately before and after McKinnon didn’t have a clue how to use him.

If McKinnon has now reverted to using him as a deep lying midfielder, particularly if that’s beside someone else who’s pretty slow, that’s an insane waste of a player who should be tearing the league apart. I assume there’s no chance of McKinnon getting emptied until the takeover’s complete, and that’s if it ever is with Campbell appearing to be a Walter Mitty?

As above, Tidser is quite a luxury player and needs two runners behind him and and given freedom further ahead. He has a good finish on him too and can be dangerous around the edge of the box. 

If he’s expected to play box to box or deep lying, he will struggle and look badly off the pace. 

Won't there? We're now into our third consecutive season of utter dross (and Houston's last full season was nothing to write home about entertainment-wise either) yet fans are still turning up home and away week after week in ridiculous numbers despite the garbage served up on the park. It's pretty inexplicable really. It's also obvious that these high attendances are in large part counterproductive and simply validate the MSG/board as they oversee the club sinking ever downwards to new depths. We'll bottom out some day, doesn't look like it'll be any time soon though. We are a rudderless shambles.

Yip and there is one constant “ our board “.There is a bad atmosphere around the club and it comes from the top! Don’t think this takeover crap doesn’t unsettle the players or coaches.
Fact is Clyde and Montrose will be in the bottom group and we don’t look better than either. For me yesterday Longridge and teller were our worst performers as they’re job was to provide the guile to unlock the defense! Clyde number 10 6 and 4 would be an asset to our agein team .
The answer however is not MC he is symptomatic of the problem ie The People running the club making one bad decision after another. Having selected Walter Mitty as our preferred bidder is bad enough taking a month to announce the man is a total fanny is a disgrace!

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Yip and there is one constant “ our board “.There is a bad atmosphere around the club and it comes from the top! Don’t think this takeover crap doesn’t unsettle the players or coaches.
Fact is Clyde and Montrose will be in the bottom group and we don’t look better than either. For me yesterday Longridge and teller were our worst performers as they’re job was to provide the guile to unlock the defense! Clyde number 10 6 and 4 would be an asset to our agein team .
The answer however is not MC he is symptomatic of the problem ie The People running the club making one bad decision after another. Having selected Walter Mitty as our preferred bidder is bad enough taking a month to announce the man is a total fanny is a disgrace!

You cant blame the BoD for that shit show yesterday. McKinnon has been backed massively this season, it's down to him to have the players ready and able for matchday. I really dont think takeover talk affects a footballer either, unless they weren't getting paid, but in this case all is ok on that front.

Anyway I heard there was going to be a meeting today with an announcement towards the end of the week.  IMO the MC bid will not be successful.

9 hours ago, ka202 said:

Right I’m just going to put this out there, Michael Tidser is fucking shite.

He was a hell of a lot better yesterday than any of Longridge, Connolly and Telfer. Bonkers to take him off at half time.

8 hours ago, southstand_bairn said:

Are we no missing the point about Dixon? He’s an old school left back. Not required to whip balls into the box. The real issue is the manager asking him to play that role effectively

He's got two caps for Scotland and is now playing against dross every week, he should be capable of tracking a man properly and knowing how to kick a football so it doesn't come down with snow on it into the keeper's hands.

If Dixon letting his man go is an example of "an old school left back" then there must've been some amount of goals in the old days.

I'm no great lover of Tommy Robson but he would've been exactly the sort of player we need in games where teams are sitting in and we need both width and a change of pace.

People love a scapegoat and it looks like they’ve picked Michael Tidser as that man.

There’s one person to blame for us being shite and that’s Ray.
Nonsense that there was only one person to blame yesterday.

Agreed, mckinnons input to that game was abysmally inept but I'm not having that he was the one reason.

I watched players like Dixon and tidser receive the ball, turn like stuck in treacle, have a wee check of the wind speed and direction, possibly go full pelt and break into a light jog before getting the ball taken off them by someone in this league that is beneath them having the sheer temerity to tackle them, or by then outside of the boot, backspin float it straight into davie Mitchell's palms.

13 minutes ago, champions said:

Anyway I heard there was going to be a meeting today with an announcement towards the end of the week.  IMO the MC bid will not be successful.

Let's hope not , for the sake of the club. If there are any doubts about him at all (and there is , bloomin loads of it) he should not be give the keys. 

We don't want to be the next Bury or Bolton.

I still believe he can't raise the finance, that's why it is taking so long.

5 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Let's hope not , for the sake of the club. If there are any doubts about him at all (and there is , bloomin loads of it) he should not be give the keys. 

I wrote "will not be successful"

We need massive change, The BTB deal = Status quo.
Campbell might be dodgy as f**k, but he gives hope and the best chance of getting rid of useless McKinnon and see Park pick the signings rather than McKinnons pals and Brylcreem boys.

Why does he?

The reason we should give the club to Campbell is to sack McKinnon - heard it all now.

We would be as well hiring you for a day to do the deed.

Up there with the golf club tweet this

Lose at Airdrie and McKinnon will be gone imo

You cant blame the BoD for that shit show yesterday. McKinnon has been backed massively this season, it's down to him to have the players ready and able for matchday. I really dont think takeover talk affects a footballer either, unless they weren't getting paid, but in this case all is ok on that front.

Yes you can because he should have been sacked in May

I don’t think it is. We wanted to spend 20k on fancy dan lawyers to give the impression they have done a detailed job on this chancer. [emoji6]

Guest Ecosse83

McKinnon will be feeling the heat already, he will know deep down the football on offer is shite especially for the players we have for League 1 but he is incapable of any sort of consistent attacking football. 

Right now I'd honestly take Yogi back over this fucking dinosaur. 

McKinnon will be feeling the heat already, he will know deep down the football on offer is shite especially for the players we have for League 1 but he is incapable of any sort of consistent attacking football. 
Right now I'd honestly take Yogi back over this fucking dinosaur. 

Hughes won’t work for the current owners - too much bad blood IMO.

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yes you can because he should have been sacked in May

100%. He had to go in May. The only reason he wasn't is because we paid compo for him so it would have embarrassed the clowns in charge even more. 

That's also why I reckon he has months left in charge, even if we do lose at Airdrie.

What's also clear is that if we do get promoted somehow it's another summer where we need an entire new squad for the Championship. 

10 hours ago, ka202 said:

Right I’m just going to put this out there, Michael Tidser is fucking shite.

10 hours ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Totally agree with you. Looked pish in most games so far. Don't know if he's fit or not but certainly looks way off the pace.

The answer is quite simple.  Motivation.  Tidser moved to Falkirk purely for the money.   His head and heart isn't in it which is being reflected in his performances.  He has no desire to slum it in League 1.   He should've stayed at a club where he was loved and appreciated.   Still, ha ha ha.

Hahaha.   Red dotting all my posts will be the pinnacle of your season, Marshmallow.   Keep them coming.  That's a whole summer of hurt pouring out there, fatsacks. 😂

Phoned any pensioners for a dash in a car park lately?  🤣

Mentioned it before but there's a sign in the tunnel that says "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard". We undoubtedly have the talent in the squad but, Gomis apart, they're not working particularly hard.

That's down to the manager. 

Less Facebook posts showing players having a whale of a time, laughing and mucking about in training please. 

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Less Facebook posts showing players having a whale of a time, laughing and mucking about in training please. 

Doyle was murder yesterday but has largely escaped criticism for this reason imo. Can't cross a ball but he wore a tie with a tshirt once so he is god.