The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, KiwiDB said:

Guy Bell was brought up in Wales and is a former Welsh U19 youth international... i would imagine Bell Hydraulics is the family business and he’s using it as the UK contact number...

I think you're right it's a family business (all directors seem to be a Bell)........its website and the one of bell sports management seem quite similar also in terms of layout and colour scheme, would of thought you would have set up a new tel number right enough.  

I might just be me but with all these sports management things popping up now Bell sports management and Fairway sports management, i get a feeling we are going to be offering every dud or free agent a platform to play on and our soon to be Owner and his buddies get a cut of any transfer fees or agents fees for representing them.

I might just be me but with all these sports management things popping up now Bell sports management and Fairway sports management, i get a feeling we are going to be offering every dud or free agent a platform to play on and our soon to be Owner and his buddies get a cut of any transfer fees or agents fees for representing them.

Wonder how that tallies with McKinnon and his old pals act signing policy.

31 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

i just called the number given in the contact page (in wales) and someone answered "Hello Bell Hydraulics", see link below, Guy Bell is listed as a former director. This is all just a bit to weird.

http://www.bellhydraulics.co.uk/

Not as weird as phoning up companies you've googled on the internet and then hanging up.

1 hour ago, champions said:

What happens if he passes DD and the MSG accept his offer?  Are the keys handed over or will there be a meeting with all shareholders prior to concluding any deal?

I asked the same question yesterday and it seems there would probably be an EGM.

No Mark Campbell is the sole shareholder (and chairman - whoo hoo!) for Fairway Sports Capital - set up April this year probably as the vehicle to launder mon.....sorry......purchase Sunderland & Falkirk.
Guy A Bell is a shareholder in the Brooklyn Coffee Co, still to trade as the van needs 2 new tyres. He will be loaded like Mark as coffee has made him a fortune.   

https://www.linkedin.com/in/guy-a-bell-esq-4a20896

His agency is Bell Sports Management

Hit the nail on the head.

Just now, champions said:

With Park involved surely this would be managed better?  

If Park is doing the scouting then thats a fair one, but if you have an owner and his buddies that are agents then i would guess that the only way they make money of those players is if they play every saturday which i would guess Rays not going to be picking the team any longer and its the player whos signed up with Bell sports management that they are trying to shift in the hope he has a good game and someone notices him to move him on for a fee. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Wouldn't really have an issue with that to be honest. At least it would mean that the players would have to be half decent to get any cash for them. If it got us better players and we get some of the cash for them then why not?

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If Park is doing the scouting then thats a fair one, but if you have an owner and his buddies that are agents then i would guess that the only way they make money of those players is if they play every saturday which i would guess Rays not going to be picking the team any longer and its the player whos signed up with Bell sports management that they are trying to shift in the hope he has a good game and someone notices him to move him on for a fee. 

If they were US based then they may be struggling to get a permit anyway, unless its lads who have gone from the UK to the states on a scholarship.

1 minute ago, champions said:

If they were US based then they may be struggling to get a permit anyway, unless its lads who have gone from the UK to the states on a scholarship.

There's a lot of ways it could play out but like i say with the sports management thing popping up how many players do you reckon they have on their books at the moment, i reckon this is one of those woke up in the morning wrote the idea on the back of a post it note and thought we will wing it with the finer details.  All the businesses that have been folded/closed no accounts were ever filed for them is this the latest money spinning idea to bag millions ?