The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Disco Duck said:

Thanks.  Don’t know where I got that from, thought I’d read it on here. 

No bother.

You know I said it on this forum a few weeks ago that MC tries to sub-consciously give out the impression that he is the developer of these hotels (that he conveniently does not mention the names of). A classic conman tactic.  

6 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

No bother.

You know I said it on this forum a few weeks ago that MC tries to sub-consciously give out the impression that he is the developer of these hotels (that he conveniently does not mention the names of). A classic conman tactic.  

I’m trying my best to remain open minded motivations on all of this (all sides - MSG, BtB, MC).

I’d rather no single owner as you’re at the whim of one man and his ability to fund.   I’d rather some fan ownership (and had, in common with many on here I’m sure, pledged an amount to BtB).  I’d rather we had resources to grow as a club and certainly had the academy back.  

Sadly, all of these things aren’t possible at the same time.  

35 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I don’t think the BTB statement was intended to help !
The purpose was to announce to the wider fan base that MC wasn’t all that he appeared to be. The fear is that the MSG are so desperate to get out they will grasp at any straw however dodgy.They and other “researchers” should be applauded as the more information that is out there about our man will make it harder for them to deal in the dodgy pound.
Having said that I and many others would be delighted to read something positive about MC . Unfortunately you are right the world is not black and white and our man looks like he is at least 50 shades of grey!

But they are so certain of the info, yet couldn’t share it with a wider audience?

57 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Re the “fashion parade” (beauty parade is the accepted term) and management of him afterwards - would you have honestly, in the knowledge of the position the board were in and that diligence would take a while (it always does), kept the whole thing quiet and told people nothing?  I wouldn’t, just to get them off my back if nothing else.

Nope. I'd have undertaken a pretty thorough check into the background and character of a potential majority shareholder of the club. Had I done so, Mr Campbell would never have got within 100 miles of being named as the preferred bidder. And there would have been no need for any communication between BtB and the club, public or otherwise, which you are so obsessed with. This mess leads squarely back to them. As always.

Have the btb boys made any effort to discuss their findings with this boy or had any other dialogue apart from the opening meeting?  Has he shown any interest in talking to them again or rebuffed any attempt to continue dialogue past the first get together,?

17 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Nope. I'd have undertaken a pretty thorough check into the background and character of a potential majority shareholder of the club. Had I done so, Mr Campbell would never have got within 100 miles of being named as the preferred bidder. And there would have been no need for any communication between BtB and the club, public or otherwise, which you are so obsessed with. This mess leads squarely back to them. As always.

4 legs good, 2 legs bad, yeah?

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Infinitely more intelligible than your deranged conspiracy theories on the malign intensions of BtB, certainly.

It’s “intentions”, and it’s a quote - why don’t you look it up then pretend you knew that all along.

12 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

This is where due diligence comes in. The clubs lawyers and accountants have a legal duty to ascertain that the commitments made during the bid process can be met by the potential buyer. These Lawyers and Accountants are not going to put their careers at risk by not following due process. It's all conjecture and personal opinion so far, so best to wait and see.

There has been about 20+ club owners in England where DD was passed and continue to do so, I've heard folk say because of Rangers episode our DD will be more tighter, I put that down to wishful thinking.

As far as I see the process, if Campbell can prove he has the cash then it will go through and only our current owners have the option to stop the deal.

12 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Agreed. So tell that to the fella urging other people to ask MC searching questions about who else he’s in bed with. Or why John Park has taken a back seat. Or who Guy A Bell is. Cheers.

What can John Park say or do in the current limbo situation ?

If by all accounts he is attending games, then he is doing all he can do albeit it may prove pointless if the deal doesnt go through

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

There has been about 20+ club owners in England where DD was passed and continue to do so, I've heard folk say because of Rangers episode our DD will be more tighter, I put that down to wishful thinking.

As far as I see the process, if Campbell can prove he has the cash then it will go through and only our current owners have the option to stop the deal.

What can John Park say or do in the current limbo situation ?

If by all accounts he is attending games, then he is doing all he can do albeit it may prove pointless if the deal doesnt go through

Surely the SFA have the option to stop the deal at least. Mind you Dave King passed theirs and hes as dodgy as his right eye.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

I’m trying my best to remain open minded motivations on all of this (all sides - MSG, BtB, MC).

I’d rather no single owner as you’re at the whim of one man and his ability to fund.   I’d rather some fan ownership (and had, in common with many on here I’m sure, pledged an amount to BtB).  I’d rather we had resources to grow as a club and certainly had the academy back.  

Sadly, all of these things aren’t possible at the same time.  

I have no idea if this has any relevance to the current murky situation but it would seem that MC has resigned his position as a director of Markell :

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11238688/filing-history