The Falkirk FC Thread

Back the bairns plans of giving 800k to a manager to potentially piss up a wall is almost as dangerous as Campbell’s plans. If BTB plans  fail then where do we go?   

Campbell at least provides some sort of path to progression, build a hotel and stand, elite youth team etc. An absolute wish list - you cannot blame fans for wanting to hear the guy out. 

I wouldn’t trust Mckinnion with 80k nevermind 800k. After the initial cash injection BTB could just be the replacing of really rich Falkirk Fans with well off Falkirk fans but with less ability to provide soft loans. The 800k has to be used to reduce the fixed costs and be a long term asset not on 10 potential Rory Loys. 

Just now, roman_bairn said:

If it’s 50/50, it means that the DD outcome is completely subjective and actually is probably of limited value, if any, at all.....

Absolutely correct. I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if he intends to raise the money to pay for the shares by putting the club into debt to pay for it. Probably not 1p of his own money will be involved.

4 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Back the bairns plans of giving 800k to a manager to potentially piss up a wall is almost as dangerous as Campbell’s plans. If BTB plans  fail then where do we go?   

Campbell at least provides some sort of path to progression, build a hotel and stand, elite youth team etc. An absolute wish list - you cannot blame fans for wanting to hear the guy out. 

I wouldn’t trust Mckinnion with 80k nevermind 800k. After the initial cash injection BTB could just be the replacing of really rich Falkirk Fans with well off Falkirk fans but with less ability to provide soft loans. The 800k has to be used to reduce the fixed costs and be a long term asset not on 10 potential Rory Loys. 

I don’t think the BtB plan ever involved anything as daft as handing the manager £800k to do with as he pleased. Your opening sentence has no factual basis whatsoever.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

3 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Aye you can, if he's allowed to takeover I can see The Falkirk kicking off in the EoS league within 3 years. 

The 800k as mentioned would have had the same MSG but BtB reps on the board now after the past 2 seasons do you trust the MSG with 800k ? , With MC there is a progression but in all honesty all you have to do is take one look around at the club without any sort of background and say what do they need

4th stand

Academy

Grass pitch

sell that to the board and hey presto you dont need to be Einstein to work out thats what the club needs.  I would rather they revisit Gowsers bid and Gowser works with BtB as it gives him a bit of help with the club and the rest of the background stuff they can concentrate on academy and park at the moment we dont need a 4th stand.

Just now, Andreas Kelevra said:

so fans owing the club is almost as dangerous as a stranger with no ties to the area with a dodgy business past owing the club, I would 100% disagree with that.

Campbell building a stand/hotel is all well in great if it happens, but all we have is a word of a stranger on that.

If the BOD/MSG do go through with the campbell deal, we will just have to roll with it and hope for the best but if i have a vote i would certainly vote no.

17 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Okay I understand the word is out on our fairy godfather . The accountant who is in charge of the DD process has voiced serious concerns yet apparently the decision hangs in the balance and its 50 /50 as to whether he’s going to get the Green light

Out of interest, what are these "serious concerns"?

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

so fans owing the club is almost as dangerous as a stranger with no ties to the area with a dodgy business past owing the club, I would 100% disagree with that.

Campbell building a stand/hotel is all well in great if it happens, but all we have is a word of a stranger on that.

If the BOD/MSG do go through with the campbell deal, we will just have to roll with it and hope for the best but if i have a vote i would certainly vote no.

It is almost as dangerous, because if the fans f**k up, then what? The MSG were fed up being the bank of resort. The Fans are the last resort. 

Just now, Andreas Kelevra said:

It is almost as dangerous, because if the fans f**k up, then what? The MSG were fed up being the bank of resort. The Fans are the last resort. 

The MSG haven't put any money into the club in nearly 10 years, we are hardly relying on their great wealth.

If MC deal goes through and things go tits up it will still be the fans as last resort, MC will just wipe his hand of the club just as he has done with over a dozen other businesses. it always will be the fans as last resort we are the only constant, only by then the fans might have to take over with a mountain of debt.

5 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

The MSG are still there though they just become a Minority Shares Group instead of a Majority Shares Group.

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The 800k as mentioned would have had the same MSG but BtB reps on the board now after the past 2 seasons do you trust the MSG with 800k ? , With MC there is a progression but in all honesty all you have to do is take one look around at the club without any sort of background and say what do they need

4th stand

Academy

Grass pitch

sell that to the board and hey presto you dont need to be Einstein to work out thats what the club needs.  I would rather they revisit Gowsers bid and Gowser works with BtB as it gives him a bit of help with the club and the rest of the background stuff they can concentrate on academy and park at the moment we dont need a 4th stand.

The 800k was mentioned at the Agm as a way to get a budget to sledgehammer us into the premier league. That seemed to be the plan. No mention of reducing fixed costs or anything.  The MSG would still retain 30% so no real control.

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

The MSG haven't put any money into the club in nearly 10 years, we are hardly relying on their great wealth.

If MC deal goes through and things go tits up it will still be the fans as last resort, MC will just wipe his hand of the club just as he has done with over a dozen other businesses. it always will be the fans as last resort we are the only constant, only by then the fans might have to take over with a mountain of debt.

Didn’t they pay for the pitch and get paid out early with Mcgrandles money.

Absolutely correct. I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if he intends to raise the money to pay for the shares by putting the club into debt to pay for it. Probably not 1p of his own money will be involved.

Can he do this though with our limited assets to secure the loan?

Just now, falkirkzombie said:

first av herd that one, i was under the impression they haven't put money in since the year after we got relegated.

It was a loan that we had no need to get out of early. Funnily enough they couldn't get their cash back quick enough.

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The other thing is the "soft loans" were getting paid back at a daft interest rate. They have made their money back and then some.

It cant be a soft loan then as soft loans usually have a below market rate of interest.