Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, madton said:

Danny Rogers has signed for us, thoughts on him? 

Good signing for you guys, he should be challenging for the no 1 jersey at Aberdeen but for some reason he always ends out on loan, McInnes obv has other plans but definitely good enough. he was always solid enough for us well when we had a competent team.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

FWIW I agree with you that I dont think they will ever get the votes. 

Im not sure what else you want me to provide on the subject to demonstrate that it is real?

You have had a feet in both camps throughout, why change now.

I asked for timeframe to when it will actually happen ?

10 minutes ago, madton said:

Aberdeen bought a keeper to stop him being No1, St Mirren career lasted minutes and he lost his place with us in the end.

He had a bit gallus approach but mistakes made him lose that, he used to come for crossed balls he shouldn't but latterly he was tied to his goal posts. 

His career has nose dived since Dumbarton and the first season with us

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

You have had a feet in both camps throughout, why change now.

I asked for timeframe to when it will actually happen ?

How are you proposing I answer that? They will keep bringing it to the table. If it goes through then they will sort the particulars. Genuinely not sure what you are getting at here?

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How are you proposing I answer that? They will keep bringing it to the table. If it goes through then they will sort the particulars. Genuinely not sure what you are getting at here?

The next time there is a meeting or vote why don't you organise a protest against it? Make the effort to go through to Hampden to make your feelings known.

Whining about something that hasn't happened, and will not happen, on an internet message board, will achieve nothing.

Just now, champions said:

The next time there is a meeting or vote why don't you organise a protest against it? Make the effort to go through to Hampden to make your feelings known.

Whining about something that hasn't happened, and will not happen, on an internet message board, will achieve nothing.

What a load of fucking shite. 

Lads, stop talking about games, you cant influence the results.

Stop discussing Mark Campbell, you cant influence the result.

I actually contacted Falkirk on the subject when it first reared its head and did my best to encourage others to do the same. Should there be another vote I will contact them again. Of course, me contacting the club might not change the world, but it does further serve to rubbish the pish you have posted above. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What a load of fucking shite. 

Lads, stop talking about games, you cant influence the results.

Stop discussing Mark Campbell, you cant influence the result.

I actually contacted Falkirk on the subject when it first reared its head and did my best to encourage others to do the same. Should there be another vote I will contact them again. Of course, me contacting the club might not change the world, but it does further serve to rubbish the pish you have posted above. 

It’s not the talking that’s the problem, although it is becoming a bit boring.

It’s the fact that people believe that by attending/not attending last nights game they are somehow influencing the future of our game and have a right to tell people they shouldn’t be going  

Sadly, the people running our game will make decisions and the bigger teams will protect their own interests whether Falkirk fans turn up or not. 

49 minutes ago, madton said:

First season with us he was one of the best keepers in the league  but his second spell wasn’t the best and ended losing his place to Robbie Thomson in the end.

10 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

losing his place to Robbie Thomson in the end.

In fairness, he only lost his place due to a stomach injury and then couldn't get back in because Thomson was playing well.

What support would Colts really have? I have been at Falkirk reserve games only if I was bored and wanted a day out. Celtic and Rangers fans are no different. I don't see any point in them taking the place of local teams in the professional leagues. No benefit to anyone

It’s not the talking that’s the problem, although it is becoming a bit boring.
It’s the fact that people believe that by attending/not attending last nights game they are somehow influencing the future of our game and have a right to tell people they shouldn’t be going  
Sadly, the people running our game will make decisions and the bigger teams will protect their own interests whether Falkirk fans turn up or not. 

It’s clear that fan interest in these colt teams is a big factor in this whole argument though? It’s clear the SPFL want them but they can’t pitch them due to no fan interest, if nobody turns up against them, they won’t have a leg to stand on. How can you not see that?

Think a lot of you are just looking at someway to get out the house, try look at the bigger picture for once, this isn’t just about falkirk fans it’s about every professional team in Scotland.

Right fellow Bairns.

Can those that want to go to games and support the team just go to games and support the team.

Can those that don’t want to go to games, just not go to games.

I don’t want to come on here and listen to it all day.

Thanks.

GB.

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In fairness, he only lost his place due to a stomach injury and then couldn't get back in because Thomson was playing well.

Wasn’t it an eye injury happened around April 1st😉

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

It’s clear that fan interest in these colt teams is a big factor in this whole argument though? It’s clear the SPFL want them but they can’t pitch them due to no fan interest, if nobody turns up against them, they won’t have a leg to stand on. How can you not see that?

Think a lot of you are just looking at someway to get out the house, try look at the bigger picture for once, this isn’t just about falkirk fans it’s about every professional team in Scotland.

I can get out the house whenever I want, I don’t need a football match as an excuse. 

I see the bigger picture and believe that attending last nights has no impact on it. If they want the colts teams in the leagues they’ll do it. If it goes to a vote the vote will be no. Me supporting my team last night doesn’t influence either of those things 👍🏻

Right fellow Bairns.
Can those that want to go to games and support the team just go to games and support the team.
Can those that don’t want to go to games, just not go to games.
I don’t want to come on here and listen to it all day.
Thanks.
GB.
Thats fine. So whats on the approved content list for the thread today?

Disagreement doesnt mean we shouldnt discuss stuff. No one wants an echo chamber surely?

Just going to get out the house? On a Tuesday night having been at work all day? Anyone there last night was there to watch Falkirk ffs, not as a pat on the back to the SPFL. It’s hardly a vote of confidence for Doncaster to plow on with whatever he wants (he does & will anyway).

If he wants to persuade the clubs to allow colt sides into a tournament, after 2 years of doing it, he’s not going to use crowd sizes as justification (as they are in the most, awful).

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats fine. So whats on the approved content list for the thread today?

Disagreement doesnt mean we shouldnt discuss stuff. No one wants an echo chamber surely?

It’s a free forum so discuss what you want but if folk want to go to games to support the team then fair enough.

40 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Any Falkirk fan going to the game last night, or any game, are going to see Falkirk. 

A better indicator would be how many fans of Colt teams attended. Looking at the attendances it's safe to say not a lot.

Go to games if you want to see football.
Come on P&B if you want to see if your decision will cause the death of Scottish Football

If the SPFL really wanted to push the colts agenda off the back of attendances then surely they wouldn't be incompetent enough to have them playing the same night as a Champions' League Qualifier.  Oh wait...