Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Have a guess at who their big team might be, there’s your answer.
To be fair, the celtic team had a few dirty c***s in it. Taking sly kicks at people, kicking and throwing the ball away and generally losing the head at times, especially as they tired in the second half. The referee let them away with that. As the quote above from FTV said, they teach them to cheat young at parkhead. f**k them.

(for clarity, I wasn't at the game to shout at them)

Can you prove there is ?
Two colt teams met last season with a crowd of 191 and it wasn't Livi.
East Fife got a bye in the semi final last year because the other team couldn't be arsed, yet the 1700 last night proves it matters to you
The only interest they take in this competition is the freebie biscuits
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48179898&ved=2ahUKEwid-4uxp4LkAhXYTRUIHUajCLkQFjAHegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0YxZFalSjIi8tlt6PJVNyP&ampcf=1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/scottish-premiership-colt-teams-spfl-15667434.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/chris-mccart-gives-detailed-insight-11925894.amp

I am a bit surprised it has passed you by, but yes, I can prove that they are trying it. I can prove that the arse cheeks are at the forefront of it, and if you read the arguements against, which most would agree need to stay strong, attendance is always mentioned.

59 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

What was particularly strange last night was the celebrating and I mean proper celebrating of some fans as we put out Celtic Under 20's on penalties.  I mean I went, it being a fiver had a lot to do with it. But deep down I was a bit pissed we went through and continued in this frankly pish tournament. 

Grown men shout get it up you and such at a bunch of under 20's.......Bizarre, specially as they were the better team. I was really impressed with the lad Okoflex. 

I'd put it down to Celtic colts showing a few get it up yees throughout the game and even in the penalties, always gonna be a few wanting to rub their noses in it, no matter the competition or level.

I respected this cup when we had Sibbald, Fulton and many more of the academy players in our first 11 under Elvis, I felt it helped develop them with favourable draws for them to get wins under their belts to take into the league. I don't know if it's beneficial for us this season other than players on the fringes getting game time

It's a bit of a farce now, tho has went a step further than the English checkatrade version

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48179898&ved=2ahUKEwid-4uxp4LkAhXYTRUIHUajCLkQFjAHegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0YxZFalSjIi8tlt6PJVNyP&ampcf=1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/scottish-premiership-colt-teams-spfl-15667434.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/chris-mccart-gives-detailed-insight-11925894.amp

I am a bit surprised it has passed you by, but yes, I can prove that they are trying it. I can prove that the arse cheeks are at the forefront of it, and if you read the arguements against, which most would agree need to stay strong, attendance is always mentioned.

First article was interesting !!

The other two didn't reveal owt that anything is even in the pipeline, the Chris McCart one is a typical old firm story, thanks for wasting my time with that trash..

Attendance is mentioned obviously in the low end market, still waiting for 1700 promotes colt team appearance, tho that will be done to the fact no gives a fuk.

Screenshot_20190814-131347_0.jpg

First article was interesting !!
The other two didn't reveal owt that anything is even in the pipeline, the Chris McCart one is a typical old firm story, thanks for wasting my time with that trash..
Attendance is mentioned obviously in the low end market, still waiting for 1700 promotes colt team appearance, tho that will be done to the fact no gives a fuk.

Screenshot_20190814-131347_0.thumb.jpg.86a75c4003a52a93db84a70b64facb82.jpg
Its only not in the pipeline because so far fans and their clubs have been strong against it. You dont think its relevant that the Record are picking up McCarts agenda and pushing it into the public eyeline? Thats how it works in this country. The media will frame it however the arse cheeks want them to and it will be left solely to the fans and the clubs to try and do whats right.

Seems to me like you are not willing to see it rather than it not being there. Pretty obvoius that if low attendance is a frequently used arguement against, providing an easy counter isnt very wise.

I wonder how many of lastnights 1700 were among the 636 fans at Forthbank who watched us beat Rangers Colts last year.... You know, when it was becoming obvious we were shit.....

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Are we allowed to attend the Raith game?

Given our front two/three look to probably all be U-21, IDK, might offend some.

MrDust, heres another article that you might find interesting. I lifted this from the Colts in L2 thread which again, I suggest you and anyone else who doesnt believe the colts agenda reads. This is happening, and its happening repeatedly, and not one of the 1700 who attended would have any right to complain if we found ourselves playing meaningless league games against a bunch of laddies all season in some contrived setup to appease the bigots.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20190508/283077005683782

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

MrDust, heres another article that you might find interesting. I lifted this from the Colts in L2 thread which again, I suggest you and anyone else who doesnt believe the colts agenda reads. This is happening, and its happening repeatedly, and not one of the 1700 who attended would have any right to complain if we found ourselves playing meaningless league games against a bunch of laddies all season in some contrived setup to appease the bigots.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20190508/283077005683782

Seriously, calm down. If you read the full article it states that 75% of votes in favour are required to carry this motion. There is not a chance that this will pass, similar to our refusal to the top league ,it will be like turkeys voting for Christmas.  You keep going on about 1700 fans, how many were Celtic fans? How many rangers fans turned up for their Colts game? If they were taking thousands then maybe the lower league clubs would consider it, but they don't so theres no financial benefit, it also increases the risk of being relegated.

These articles are just sensationalist scaremongering which you have fallen for hook, line and sinker.

3 minutes ago, champions said:

Seriously, calm down. If you read the full article it states that 75% of votes in favour are required to carry this motion. There is not a chance that this will pass, similar to our refusal to the top league ,it will be like turkeys voting for Christmas.  You keep going on about 1700 fans, how many were Celtic fans? How many rangers fans turned up for their Colts game? If they were taking thousands then maybe the lower league clubs would consider it, but they don't so theres no financial benefit, it also increases the risk of being relegated.

These articles are just sensationalist scaremongering which you have fallen for hook, line and sinker.

Except thats not whats happened is it? I have spoken against something I feel quite strongly about. Others have disagreed that its even happening. Probably because they dont feel as strongly or just werent aware so I have posted stuff relating to the fact that it is happening. 

All done in a pretty respectful way as discussion should be, except for you calling folk arseholes or telling folk to calm down of course.  

Time wise it looks like the Campbell bid is toiling. Don't see what he has gained as his name has been dragged all over the papers

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Except thats not whats happened is it? I have spoken against something I feel quite strongly about. Others have disagreed that its even happening. Probably because they dont feel as strongly or just werent aware so I have posted stuff relating to the fact that it is happening. 

All done in a pretty respectful way as discussion should be, except for you calling folk arseholes or telling folk to calm down of course.  

Good for you, but I'm telling you that it wont happen for the reasons I've stated. 

Also stop being such a wetwipe.

Good for you, but I'm telling you that it wont happen for the reasons I've stated. 
Also stop being such a wetwipe.
Brutal

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Its only not in the pipeline because so far fans and their clubs have been strong against it. You dont think its relevant that the Record are picking up McCarts agenda and pushing it into the public eyeline? Thats how it works in this country. The media will frame it however the arse cheeks want them to and it will be left solely to the fans and the clubs to try and do whats right.

Seems to me like you are not willing to see it rather than it not being there. Pretty obvoius that if low attendance is a frequently used arguement against, providing an easy counter isnt very wise.

I wonder how many of lastnights 1700 were among the 636 fans at Forthbank who watched us beat Rangers Colts last year.... You know, when it was becoming obvious we were shit.....

Quoting a McCart article is just tosh you read weekly regarding the old firm, I had to wash myself after reading it.

Year in year out its reported how unfair the play off system is in the championship and they simply protect the top league, that's how it works.

I can't see them getting 75% of the votes required in any case if it comes to the forefront, 1700 last night won't be mentioned other than Celtic went out of two cups last nite.

So far we have had most colt teams pumped out of the cup and crowds of under 200 between them, showing enough that it's a stupid idea, tho tbf our governing body like a stupid idea but it's in the clubs hands not a farcical cup competition.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Do you have a time frame for when the colts join ?

Please no more Chris McCart 

6 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Time wise it looks like the Campbell bid is toiling. Don't see what he has gained as his name has been dragged all over the papers

and not for the right reasons, hopefully they revisit the other options but it looks like the MSG live for another season.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Do you have a time frame for when the colts join ?

Please no more Chris McCart 

FWIW I agree with you that I dont think they will ever get the votes. But that is very dismissive of the pressure being exerted on smaller clubs to accept this and much like in politics, industrial disputes etc there is always a tipping point where one or two of those taking astand changing is enough to make the others see only the potential rewards. Pressure that, unless I am wrong, you were unaware existed until we were having this discussion? Are you still saying that there isnt real efforts to make this happen? Because the article fro. McMenemy pretty clearly spells it out for you that this proposal is being brought to clubs to vote on year on year and they are not letting it die. Im not sure what else you want me to provide on the subject to demonstrate that it is real?

Ignoring it or not taking it seriously because "ach they wont get the votes" is exactly how Brexit and Donald Trump are in our lives. Thats not a credible argument to shut down discussion of attending the guinea pig games in the Cup.