Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Don’t worry wee man, I agree with everything you said. If I was running the club I’d refuse to play against colts and just take the fine.
Wonder how many Colt game cancellations you can get for a Ray McKinnon?

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No ones saying its the only thing, but I cant quite get my head around that people arent seeing its ONE OF the factors which will influence the continued pushing and pressure. Thin end of one of many wedges if you will.

People are asking me to accept blindly that "they will never get the vote through". How naive is that? Do things never change? Do people not have price and a threshold for pressure? Its not helping anyone to pretend this doesnt exist.

Anyway that will probably do it for me. I've said my piece and I think i've done it in a reasonable manner.

I'm not as worried about "the thin edge of the wedge" as you, but the ugly sisters are certainly looking for any precedent to get their Colts into the pyramid. Rangers got very excited when ICT were trying to slot their youth team into the Highland League, which was resoundingly rejected before they did it by the back door by loaning nine to Fort William.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/could-rangers-colts-become-a-reality-thanks-to-highland-league/

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats fine. So whats on the approved content list for the thread today?

Disagreement doesnt mean we shouldnt discuss stuff. No one wants an echo chamber surely?

One minute it was 1700 makes it a talking point for a colt game, next your message it doesn't, then it's happening but won't go through.

You were sitting on the fence

2 hours ago, champions said:

Any Falkirk fan going to the game last night, or any game, are going to see Falkirk. 

A better indicator would be how many fans of Colt teams attended. Looking at the attendances it's safe to say not a lot.

191 last season when two colt teams met and I'm sure 204 in another.

59 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The B&Q Cup was guid. The 2019 version is utter shite unless you get a lash up in Ireland, England or Wales away from home.

I wouldn't even use England, Wales or Ireland when the Irish team couldn't be arsed playing the quarter final and East Fife got a bye into the semi. Any other organisation in the world would've got hounded for that but they really don't give a fuk about it

The cup is now a car crash event and they have got away with murder with it,ruining what was a decently run diddy cup, mirrors the checkatrade cup but at least it's just English u21 teams, which have more clout obviously than the Scottish colt teams.

If they were looking at another country tie in, they should've approached a northern English non league and tried to work it without the colt teams, travel not a huge issue as it is with Wales, Ireland and even the recent English teams, it was simply who they could get and watch it explode, shrug shoulders and repeat

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

One minute it was 1700 makes it a talking point for a colt game, next your message it doesn't, then it's happening but won't go through.

You were sitting on the fence

I dont think you can accuse me of being on the fence

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The B&Q Cup was guid. The 2019 version is utter shite unless you get a lash up in Ireland, England or Wales away from home.

My first ever Falkirk game was the cup final at fir park against St Mirren. Never looked back. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

Time wise it looks like the Campbell bid is toiling. Don't see what he has gained as his name has been dragged all over the papers

Notoriety

Any Falkirk fan going to the game last night, or any game, are going to see Falkirk. 
A better indicator would be how many fans of Colt teams attended. Looking at the attendances it's safe to say not a lot.

Just their mummy’s and Daddy’s I guess

Has anyone else been on twitter today? Some u turn from the Facebook page lad.
I dont see anything on his twitter where am I looking?

I dont see anything on his twitter where am I looking?
I went onto MC's twitter and look under tweets and replies. I'd screenshot it but the app is a dick about pictures sometimes.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think you can accuse me of being on the fence

So saying one thing opposite to something yet claiming the thing opposite to your opinion will probably will happen(in one case agree it will) more than once is what ?

If you have a strong opinion as you stated, it's best you stick to one side and not dilute to one minute saying 1700 crowd means we are promoting colt teams, then not and creating wildfire over nothing thereafter and on 1 maybe 2 or more scenarios peddle back to the opposite of your claim.

That is sitting on the fence.

Are you Mark Campbell ?

Edited by MrDust

So saying one thing opposite to something yet claiming the thing opposite to your opinion will probably will happen(in one case agree it will) more than once is what ?
If you have a strong opinion as you stated, it's best you stick to one side and not dilute to one minute saying 1700 crowd means we are promoting colt teams, then not and creating wildfire over nothing thereafter and on 1 maybe 2 or more scenarios peddle back to the opposite of your claim.
Are you Mark Campbell ?

Sorry m8 but I genuinely havent got any idea what you are trying to say here

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

Are you Mark Campbell ?

Yoda you are?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Are you Mark Campbell ?

I'd hate to try and decipher the unedited version