The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I really hope nobody supports that p***k Neil Doncaster and all his crap ideas for Scottish football by going along to watch Falkirk FC Reserves vs Celtic C**ts tonight. Save your money and keep updated on the Falkirk FC Twitter feed. Simples.

If people want to go then what is the problem? Pretty harsh trying to make people feel bad for wanting to see their team play.

The challenge cup is the ultimate  diddy cup anyway, makes no difference if theres colt, Welsh or Irish teams in it. 

f**k the colts. I echo the hopes that they get itterly steamrolled in front of no one, in match of brutal physicality making it blatantly obvious that playing such matches do them no favours. Thats the only way this shitty idea stops.

Fans turning up does not help.

1 hour ago, champions said:

If people want to go then what is the problem? Pretty harsh trying to make people feel bad for wanting to see their team play.

The challenge cup is the ultimate  diddy cup anyway, makes no difference if there are, Welsh or Irish teams in it. 

It makes all the difference. Used to be a decent tournament, gave smaller clubs the chance of a cup run and some of the finals attracted excellent attendances. Thanks to Cockwomble, it's now a complete nonsense of a tournament, existing purely as a stalking horse to ram colt teams (well, two colt teams) into the league set-up. On top of that, traipsing away to the arse end of Wales or wherever is actually leaving clubs who can least afford it out of pocket. Playing in it actually costs team money. Only in Scotland. Beyond belief why the likes of Falkirk, DU, Pars, Partick etc have not just pulled out of this en masse.

7 minutes ago, champions said:

The challenge cup is the ultimate  diddy cup anyway, makes no difference if theres colt, Welsh or Irish teams in it. 

With all due respect (is that allowed here?) I think that you are being a bit naive if you can't see where this is headed. They are spouting pish that having C**t teams involved is for the good of Scottish Football, part of Project Brave, youth development etc. It is really so that Celtic and the team formerly known as Rangers can continue to have a presence in Scottish Football while trying like f*ck to have their first teams playing in England or an Atlantic League or whatever. In addition, if this is allowed to continue, then you will just see a greater divide in quality between the Premiership teams and the rest of Scottish Football, just like the massive difference in quality that exists between the English Premier League and the rest of English Football. In both football and money terms the rich get richer and the poor get poorer - no thanks.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

It makes all the difference. Used to be a decent tournament, gave smaller clubs the chance of a cup run and some of the finals attracted excellent attendances. Thanks to Cockwomble, it's now a complete nonsense of a tournament, existing purely as a stalking horse to ram colt teams (well, two colt teams) into the league set-up. On top of that, traipsing away to the arse end of Wales or wherever is actually leaving clubs who can least afford it out of pocket. Playing in it actually costs team money. Only in Scotland. Beyond belief why the likes of Falkirk, DU, Pars, Partick etc have not just pulled out of this en masse.

Wish I could have said that as eloquently as you.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

With all due respect (is that allowed here?) I think that you are being a bit naive if you can't see where this is headed. They are spouting pish that having C**t teams involved is for the good of Scottish Football, part of Project Brave, youth development etc. It is really so that Celtic and the team formerly known as Rangers can continue to have a presence in Scottish Football while trying like f*ck to have their first teams playing in England or an Atlantic League or whatever. In addition, if this is allowed to continue, then you will just see a greater divide in quality between the Premiership teams and the rest of Scottish Football, just like the massive difference in quality that exists between the English Premier League and the rest of English Football. In both football and money terms the rich get richer and the poor get poorer - no thanks.

😂 you're fairly jumping the gun there. 

You do know that there are other colt teams in the tournament, not just rangers and Celtic?  I'm sure Aberdeen, Motherwell, hibs etc will have something to say if they are not permitted to have a colt team in the league when rangers and Celtic do, if that ever were to happen.   Personally I cant ever see it coming to fruition.

Just now, champions said:

😂 you're fairly jumping the gun there. 

You do know that there are other colt teams in the tournament, not just rangers and Celtic?  I'm sure Aberdeen, Motherwell, hibs etc will have something to say if they are not permitted to have a colt team in the league when rangers and Celtic do, if that ever were to happen.   Personally I cant ever see it coming to fruition.

Yes, and that is what I was trying to say when I mentioned the greater divide in quality of (all) premiership teams vs the rest of Scottish Football.

You see how teams like Chelsea in England hoover up all the young talent then shove them in under 23 sides, under 21s, under 18s etc? They're often paying these kids massive wages that smaller teams can't afford to pay their first team so the standard down the leagues falls. Celtic and Rangers want to do the same up here by grabbing every kid who can get above 6 touches in keepie up. These kids will be put into Colt sides and everyone outside the top six will have a reduced quality of kid to work with, kids like me who could only get 5 at keepie up.

The colts sides aren't to benefit Scottish football, they're certainly not intended to benefit Falkirk, they're there to ensure if any kid is going to be good enough to make a club money in the transfer markets, then the bigots are getting that dosh.  Forget about the Academy, forget about seeing Sibbalds and Alstons starting with the likes of Falkirk. 

Give the Colts any encouragement and you're screwing Falkirk FC for your kids.

9 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I thought the teams who had to travel to Ireland and Wales etc were subsidied by the sponsors so that it didnt cost them money?

It's been a diddy cup for years anyway, even before they mixed things up.  Would be as well scrapping it altogether. 

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Spoke with my Celtic daft brother last night and asked him how he felt about the important cup tie Celtic will be involved in today. He started talking about a Champions league qualifier!
What planet do these people live on?

New guy next to me in the office said he was going to the Celtic game tonight. I asked him, at Falkirk? He looked at me strangely. He had no idea there was a game.

6 minutes ago, champions said:

I thought the teams who had to travel to Ireland and Wales etc were subsidied by the sponsors so that it didnt cost them money?

It's been a diddy cup for years anyway, even before they mixed things up.  Would be as well scrapping it altogether. 

Falkirk lost money a few years ago with the trip to Sligo Rovers, you get a set fee and if it doesn't cover the travel costs, tough.

Again I would encourage peolpe to go and read the thread about the numerous attempts made by cockwomble and led by Chris McCart at Celtic to jam colt teams into the league structure. Look at the opposition to it. Look at the way lower league clubs have reacted to it and how loudly fans like ourselves who have spoken on it see their clubs being affected by it.

Then think about every act led by the Old Firm inflicted on Scottish Football. Ill give you the gable end of a stamp to write down the ones that werent exclusively for their gain and at the expense of all others.

It is also correct to say there are other teams involved too. Go and have a read at what Ann Budge at Hearts thinks of all lur wee diddy teams. The much vaunted "wee well run community clubs".

Anyone seeing going along to this as a harmless act is fucking clueless. The concerns are real and documented. The bullying and intimidation and attemtped bribing of smaller clubs to try and force this through is already happening and to their credit the clubs that have the say in it are standing strong. As football fans we have duty not to strengthen what is effectively a case against their existence.

Get a fucking grip lads. Find something else to do. Its our secind string in a meani gless game against laddies that are nowhere close to being ready to face them.

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The facts we know
Club has bad 2 seasons
Fans turn on board
Board decide they want to sell up
Board picks the bid they will get most from
Board looking at credibility of new buyer.

The rest is just imagined or made up

According to Yogi, Gow's bid was higher.

1 hour ago, champions said:

The subsidy is a pittance and comes nowhere close to covering the costs of travel/accommodation etc. On top of that, in the latter rounds, clubs are being forced to cancel Saturday league fixtures to accommodate it, yet more money lost as the crowd in comparison to a league match is vastly reduced.. East Fife went over to Dublin for a quarter-final against Bohemians which was called off at seven minutes notice, Bohemians ended up forfeiting the match as they could not come to any arrangement for a suitable date to get the game played.. Unbelievably this very same mob have been invited back again year this. Farce.

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

You see how teams like Chelsea in England hoover up all the young talent then shove them in under 23 sides, under 21s, under 18s etc? They're often paying these kids massive wages that smaller teams can't afford to pay their first team so the standard down the leagues falls. Celtic and Rangers want to do the same up here by grabbing every kid who can get above 6 touches in keepie up. These kids will be put into Colt sides and everyone outside the top six will have a reduced quality of kid to work with, kids like me who could only get 5 at keepie up.

This already happens and theres no colt teams in the leagues

Hibs, hearts etc have massive youth setups throughout all age groups. Intake of players is huge, barely any get a chance and usually end up back at local youth teams.

It’s been a diddy Cup for the right reasons though, gives smaller sides a chance of winning something, I’m pretty sure that’s the whole point of it. Adding the colt sides brings absolutely nothing to what is already a pretty rubbish cup, the whole reason why they’ve been brought in is to see if they can play well against the lower tier clubs, and you are the one being extremely naive to think that this isn’t being looked at as a gateway to entering colt sides into the league structure in Scotland.

People not attending these games, even with the cheaper tickets, gives those in charge absolutely no evidence that supporters want these glorified reserve sides in any senior competitions in this country.

The argument whether the foreign teams should be in it is another one altogether though, they bring f**k all other than a decent away trip.

This already happens and theres no colt teams in the leagues
Hibs, hearts etc have massive youth setups throughout all age groups. Intake of players is huge, barely any get a chance and usually end up back at local youth teams.
Be great if there was a system already in operation to allow younger players to develop at the appropriate level for their skills and abilities.

Like if a team at that level could..... borrow them for a while and give them back.