The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, brokeville said:

You get the feeling that with the recent signings and on the back of Saturdays result the current board is backing the club again. It would not surprise me if they are still in charge at the end of this season.

And as grim as that sounds, and is, it's still better then Mark Campbell in my opinion.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

You get the feeling that with the recent signings and on the back of Saturdays result the current board is backing the club again. 

I have my doubts. 

If the finances are doing better than expected, either because of season tickets, sponsorship, Vaulks cash or whatever, why wouldn't they give any surplus to the manager to spend? 

They can't take the money with them when they go. That would be illegal. If a dividend was to be paid out to shareholders it would have to go to everyone rather than just the 62% who make up the MSG. 

If they still expect to leave then there's no benefit to them in leaving surplus cash unspent. Then the next owner would authorise it going to the manager and he'd get all the plaudits for the decision. 

Or do you think that they MSG are dipping into their own pockets to fund the three signings we've made in the last week? That's the only other explanation for where the money could have come from IMO.  

I just don't see it. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

It makes it more urgent that a statement from the club is released. Plot on plot. Heard it was MC that shot JFK
Not sure about him shooting JFK.
Unless someone from Bexley posts to confirm it I have to sit on the fence.

Honestly, the adherence to the idea that this sun reports in regards to the lawsuit involving MC being sued is all smoke and mirrors is ultimately disappointing to read. Admittedly i would love to believe that he has the money to back up his claims. But as someone earlier referred to earlier the idea of Occam's razor stands true. If you every do any elementary digging into MC you would be able to come across this court filing, it is literally a 5/10 minute google search away in accordance with cross referencing business resignation in the state of NY. 

For a supposed incompetent board they've masterminded a plot over months that Agatha Christie would be proud off. If it's all a put up job that ends with the MSG still in charge and BTB on the board, then why not just do that exact same thing last November!! Still absolute disgrace the board backing the manager yet again, exactly the sort of shenanigans we could do without, it's almost as if they want us to do well...

For a supposed incompetent board they've masterminded a plot over months that Agatha Christie would be proud off. If it's all a put up job that ends with the MSG still in charge and BTB on the board, then why not just do that exact same thing last November!! Still absolute disgrace the board backing the manager yet again, exactly the sort of shenanigans we could do without, it's almost as if they want us to do well...

I agree they certainly have backed the manager. He can have no excuses now.

Unlike you not sure that has always been the case however.

Windup?! It's the truth none of us could see. Bigbr should be commended for such investigate excellence.

Yeah everybody’s been looking to business to see where he squired the cash . If he really had made millions in 3 years why would he not stay on in New York and keep it going after years of failed business ventures you would image having found success he would be loving it But no our man has claimed he wants to give up the success he was striving for and move back to Scotland and buy one of the few businesses you are almost guaranteed to make a loss at . So all of a sudden running back here buying a footie club and getting his cash out of America makes sense for only one reason - it’s time to run !
Ps has he told his bird the estate agent commission is 1% here and the average house price 140 k so she had better swap Dillard’s for George at Asda ! Total bullshit the whole thing !