The Falkirk FC Thread

How did we make a signing without it being leaked?

I was out walking the dog when I got a notification saying "[emoji3578] #FalkirkFC is delighted to announce the signing......" when my phone died. I then spent the next 20 minutes deliberating whether or not it could be DKD. Good signing to be fair.

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The whole thing is just dragging on now.

For what it is worth I actually have some hope that this maybe the point where the MSG actually take a step back and think we have to be more inclusive now, we have to seriously engage with more people to bring a freshness to the club.

Maybe I am just in glass half full mode.

Interestingly on his US Property Business it employs 7 staff. The average salary is $120,000. At that level it doesn't add up that he has a multi-million dollar empire.

There’s people in the Uk property industry with < 7 employees that do massive deals and have portfolios worth £10 million and up. What sort of ratio do you expect here? I’d have thought the more relevant figure would be said businesses assets and liabilities, the ownership of the shares in the company etc

9 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Is that 21 players now? Think Miller is a great addition as we seemed short of defensive options. Money released?

Yep to both, and unexpectedly too.

This is pure guesswork on my part but I have a suspicion that we budgeted for 2,000 season tickets. It would make sense given the 2,500 total last year and the fact that everyone was going on about boycotts when the budget was approved.

So as we sold more STs than expected, Ray got a few extra pennies to spend.

I think that will be it until January now. As someone already said, we'll have three players not in the squad every week so we probably don't need any more.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yep to both, and unexpectedly too.

This is pure guesswork on my part but I have a suspicion that we budgeted for 2,000 season tickets. It would make sense given the 2,500 total last year and the fact that everyone was going on about boycotts when the budget was approved.

So as we sold more STs than expected, Ray got a few extra pennies to spend.

I think that will be it until January now. As someone already said, we'll have three players not in the squad every week so we probably don't need any more.

Most of our bases are covered. Perhaps left back wouldve been better but im sure some of these boys can muck in there if need be.

3 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Given we have now signed 3 players in the last week when there was talk of the budget being spent prior, is this a sign that the MC deal could be close?

My logic being that if the current MSG do want out I can't see them giving Ray any additional funds. 

Or is it just the vaulks money part one finally hitting the bank account?

Guest Ecosse83

Well wasn't expecting another signing. For all the boards faults what they have done is back the managers with funds. 

With all the shite being said about the Campbell fella I wouldn't be disappointed to see it fall through(something just doesn't feel right). The board need to go eventually but I'd rather they stayed than him coming in which would just be too risky now. 

Probably not a popular opinion but just don't want the club to take a chance on someone who could be a Walter Mitty.