The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, TottsTrumps said:

Personally couldn't give a monkeys about colt teams playing in the lower leagues either as long as they are good enough.  Don't understand how it devalues the competition.  If Falkirk had an academy then it's the sort of thing I'd be keen on us being involved in.

So, Celtic  have their Colt team playing in League 2, they finish 1st in the league, do they get promoted to league 1? Or does the team finishing 2nd get promoted? And, if Celtic Colts weren't playing in the league the team finishing 4th would have finished 3rd so they miss out on a chance of playing in the playoffs with a chance of promotion? If in the fullness of time we manage to get promoted to the Premiership I'd be disgusted if we fielded a Colt team in the lower leagues, depriving some clubs first team of promotion etc.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Personally couldn't give a monkeys about colt teams playing in the lower leagues either as long as they are good enough.  Don't understand how it devalues the competition.  If Falkirk had an academy then it's the sort of thing I'd be keen on us being involved in.
Theres a whole thread about this, filled with people more intelligent than me who have provided a Tour De Force in dismantling the bullshit ideology behind this. What is left behind is pure pandering to two clubs.

Its a no from me. I hope Colt players get kicked off the park and humiliated in every Challenge Cup tie, and I hope Falkirk are never involved. I also hope they never vote to allow it, as its nothing but a joke and a complete f**k you to Scottiah Fottball outside the top few teams with 2 in particular looking to benefit.

The very idea of a Falkirk fan getting behind something like that..... f**k me

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, Celtic  have their Colt team playing in League 2, they finish 1st in the league, do they get promoted to league 1? Or does the team finishing 2nd get promoted? And, if Celtic Colts weren't playing in the league the team finishing 4th would have finished 3rd so they miss out on a chance of playing in the playoffs with a chance of promotion? If in the fullness of time we manage to get promoted to the Premiership I'd be disgusted if we fielded a Colt team in the lower leagues, depriving some clubs first team of promotion etc.

Just assumed it would be done the same way as other countries do with the colt, or B team, unable to be promoted to the top division.

If they are the best team in the division then personally I don't see a problem with it, regardless of what they are called.

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I can take c***s buying STs but by god do not go anywhere near the game against Celtic Colts or you are a c**t of the highest order.

Good day.

Some folk seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on here trying to come up with excuses not to watch their team. 😀

1 minute ago, TottsTrumps said:

Just assumed it would be done the same way as other countries do with the colt, or B team, unable to be promoted to the top division.

If they are the best team in the division then personally I don't see a problem with it, regardless of what they are called.

Could somebody else deal with this walloper for me, it's past midnight here and I need to get to bed. Thank you.

The colt teams up here are feckin awful and would add absolutely nothing to the lower leagues. Brora beat aberdeen colts 6 nothing ffs.  Add to that the fact that noone is interested in watching them from their parent clubs and they shouldnt be anywhere near these competitions.

Hooray for the coffee van takings and estate agent commissions!
A new era beckons.
That's a League 1 winning squad in my book.  

Correction -possible Future coffee van takings Surely!Renault are still doing their due diligence on the bubble lease applied for !

MSG putting on a Bucky mask to beg for renewals [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

f**k off cunters

The 500 or so should stand up and take a bow. The real stakeholders are the fans who pay each week Stop paying then the MSG crumbles simples.

Colt teams in the league give an even more unfair advantage to the old firm and any other large teams who have them in the league.  While everyone else has a reserve team where they are playing against kids and players coming back from injury, they would have come through a mans game and be much more prepared for life in the first team.  It's really something the ugly sisters need, another advantage to widen the gap.  😒

They also aren't likely to even bring much of a fan base to make up for this with cold hard cash.  

That's my opinion anyway. 

1 hour ago, MetalWolf said:

Colt teams in the league give an even more unfair advantage to the old firm and any other large teams who have them in the league.  While everyone else has a reserve team where they are playing against kids and players coming back from injury, they would have come through a mans game and be much more prepared for life in the first team.  It's really something the ugly sisters need, another advantage to widen the gap.  😒

They also aren't likely to even bring much of a fan base to make up for this with cold hard cash.  

That's my opinion anyway. 

The Old Firm ? Is that even still a thing given that Rangers died ?

How can a 7 year old be classed  as old ?