The Falkirk FC Thread

Dixons delivery of the ball isnt terrible. Its the lazy unambitious positons from which he shells them in. If he would overlap yhe midfielder hed be ok but he wont either because theres no one out wide to start a move with or by the time there is the opposition are back, squared up to him and he just cant do it then. Neither fast enough nor willing to gamble.

It was terrible on Saturday.

Yep, that was my reading of it at the time.
I think it's fairly obvious that more money has been released now as there was at least one trialist who expected to get a contract from us and ended up having to go elsewhere.  It was after he left that McKinnon gave the interview you're referring to.
Possibly it suggests that things are progressing well in relation to the takeover / due diligence, though that's pure guesswork on my part.

Na nothing to do with that IMO. More likely the lack of numbers, rotten performance at the weekend and the distinct probability 17 players not being nearly enough of a squad to get anywhere near guaranteed winning the league.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Na nothing to do with that IMO. More likely the lack of numbers, rotten performance at the weekend and the distinct probability 17 players not being nearly enough of a squad to get anywhere near guaranteed winning the league.

An uptake in season tickets following the news of MC as preferred bidder perhaps?

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Along with Gomis, he's been a stand-out so far & we could get a good 4 seasons out of him in his prime. Hardly the most outrageous post you'll ever read.

You're fullae it?

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Along with Gomis, he's been a stand-out so far & we could get a good 4 seasons out of him in his prime. Hardly the most outrageous post you'll ever read.

Pre season cup games and Peterhead, yes it's where we are at, the Ayr goal was horrendous defending and there's been keystone cops defending in other games.

Gomis and McManus(goals) stand outs and I'd even praise Bell,Connolly and Telfer done it in patches.

Buchanan had decent games against us last season but remember where we finished.

Hopefully it all clicks into place soon, I suppose we have to remember that we have only one player from last season(probably good thing) and it might take the first quarter for us to click

18 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What a brilliant night that was !!

Ooh Richie Cadette ! Ooh Richie Cadette !!

43F4D082-F567-47BB-869A-C8342BD19E35.jpeg

Why is it EVERY TIME a  club plays Rangers/Celtic they manage to link someone from the club who is a huge fan of said club?

Every week I seen the Saturday papers as Rangers went through league 2 + 1 they had a big bit from a player telling us all how is family/mates are all sitting in the home end at Ibrox and he usually would be too. It's a dream to play at Ibrox even if it's for the opposition. 

Edited by Gaz FFC

Heard there’s been a Falkirk scout at our last few games . Take it yous will b signing sampson 
If we are it's not been leaked yet.
L. Miller is slipping up if we sign him in the next couple of days.

38 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

If we are it's not been leaked yet.
L. Miller is slipping up if we sign him in the next couple of days.

Who is l.miller to do with Falkirk ? Sorry I know very little as it is . All us fans been told is he is being watched 

Who is l.miller to do with Falkirk ? Sorry I know very little as it is . All us fans been told is he is being watched 
Lex Miller is one of our major shareholders.
He has a habit of opening his mouth letting everyone he knows any potential transfers.
I'm not sure if him doing this has resulted in any dealings being cancelled, but it wouldn't surprise me.

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Vaulks money in yet?

On 06/08/2019 at 21:05, MrDust said:

I very much doubt the board would start now blocking the budget agreed, they have been pretty straight forward year in year out with that, even in Houston's last season increased it. They have been surplus to requirements due to various bad management but not releasing budget funds agreed.

We both know what happened to Leeds in the last quarter tho and play offs.

We do need a reserve squad tho

Louis will be fine, his passing can be horrific also and lack of passing when he should

Yes but nothing to do with any burnout or lack of numbers. Leeds were 2 points clear in 2nd with 3 games to go, and then 2-0 up in the play off semi with 45mins to go. The reasons for Leeds failure was down to an absolute kamikaze maniac in goals , bad luck and a total implosion in the last 45mins of the season.

Leeds had a stupidly high amount of injuries but this was managed well with use of the U23 squad plus first teamers being able to fill into multiple positions. A good manager who recruits well and has the youth teams all playing the same system does not need a huge squad. Unfortunately Ray has no reserve or youth teams to pull from.