The Falkirk FC Thread

On paper this is a good squad that has been assembled.

The management and coaching teams job is to get a system that is effective in the league we are in and maximises the potential of the players.

So all this talk about 4-4-2    3-5-2- 4-1-4-1 is all fine and dandy. But it's going to take competitive game time to achieve it.

If we are not clicking after 6 or so games then McKinnon could be out by Xmas.

McKinnon is nobodies fool so he knows the next couple of months are make or break for him. 

Lets all hope he gets it right and produces the goods. We desperately require a winning team on the park that gets the fans on their feet backing the team. Think about the joy on this forum talking about games won with style and skill it's long overdue.

The management and coaching teams job is to get a system that is effective in the league we are in and maximises the potential of the players.
So all this talk about 4-4-2    3-5-2- 4-1-4-1 is all fine and dandy. But it's going to take competitive game time to achieve it.
McKinnon is nobodies fool so he knows the next couple of months are make or break for him. 
Lets all hope he gets it right and produces the goods. We desperately require a winning team on the park that gets the fans on their feet backing the team. Think about the joy on this forum talking about games won with style and skill it's long overdue.

Hallelujah Bro. Stylish winning would be good

Tell me this is a joke? On paper it is nothing more than an average Championship squad. Oh how our support has been indoctrinated to accept the average.

Tell me this is a joke? On paper it is nothing more than an average Championship squad. Oh how our support has been indoctrinated to accept the average.
I think theres probably a core of 7 or 8 in the squad that could be in a playoff/title challenge.

Need better in the defence though, probably in all 5 positions

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think he meant a good squad for our current level which, with the correct mentality and playing style from the manager, it most certainly is.

everyone one seems to be in agreement that we have a squad good enough to win the league however aren't being set out correctly.

if we are confident of having better players I don't know why McKinnon doest just go toe to toe against the opposition every game from the start and play an extremely attacking but entertaining type game.

I haven't renewed this season or been to a game yet as much due to the boring type of football as the board to be honest.

8 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

3 1 5 would be the berries

Get a LWB signed and we can do the Bielsa 3-3-1-3.

Longridge - McManus - Sammon

Tidser

New LWB - Gomis - Doyle

Dixon - Buchanan - Durnan

Edited by lanky_ffc