The Falkirk FC Thread

I think I'm right in saying that, other than some of the really young guys, we've only got Vaulks, Kingsley, McGrandles, Sibbald, Loy & Roberts signed for next season and Kingsley may well be sold.

I don't think Holt's any option but to free Turnbull, Dick, Rowan, Faulds and possibly Grant too as they've been around for a while now and aint gonna make the break through.

Looks like big changes ahead!

We also have Olu for next season and perhaps Bowman?

Bowman?

Rowan

Dick

Vaulks

Kingsley

Olu

McGrandles

Sibbs

Loy

Roberts

Well, aye, that kinda illustrates my point. Forgot about Ollie but, if I'm being kind, his lack of match practice is letting him down!!

With both hands up his back as oposed to Prwssley's 1, I think he is doing as well s he can.

The likes of McCracken, McGovern and Millar are the guys on the pitch that should be carrying the team on.

Personally from. Points total, we are doing as well as could have been expected, in my eyes.

If the board had given Holt the sort of money required to attract better players in certain areas, then we would be top.

Had we had Millar from the off I'm sure we would be in a better position.

But at the end of the day, if yer aunty had baws and aww that.

If the board had given Holt the sort of money required to attract better players in certain areas, then we would be top.

think thats what falkirk lack, a little bit of experience in there, weve got a young team aswell, but with jason scotland and courier upfront, neil and routledge in midfeild and canning and cuthbert at the back and in goal we have much needed expereice, jason scotland was a superb signing for accies in january, rumors are hes on well over 1,000 a week and he rejected aberdeen and dundee to come to us, i suppose that comes from the money we got from mccarthy, pity yous just got your mark stewart money there and not 2 months before. f**k dundee

I get the feeling Holts signings have ended up being our downfall, that's nothing against the players who I think are both be capable at this level. The problem came when he tried to shoehorn the players into the starting 11. Beck should have been used as a player to bring on if plan A wasn't working and Chalmers as a player who could cover across the defence.

On Holt, I will be pleased if he gets us into the playoffs. We should be consolidating over the next couple of years, not over extending the balance sheet, but building a fighting fund and using it to retain the best of our youngsters, and seeding the team with experienced players who can help with the youth development on the pitch.

If only there were a few more Owen Coyles....

Play offs was best we could achieve in my eyes pre season, tho looked like even that would be an achievement one week to season started as we had at that point only signed Ollie and lost Higgins, Murdoch, Dods,Taylor, weatherston...

To replace them with Loy, Roberts, Ollie, McCracken, Millar and have one of our longest shut out/ unbeaten time is a well decent achievement. Holt has done better than Elvis for me as he has obviously had a lesser budget, played to win games and 90% of the time speaks the truth, doesn't hide under any bollox shite we got from Elvis. He like any manager has had some scratch head selections and subs, but its been his inexperience to deal with Roberts would be my real gripe towards him...

I have previously said, our strongest 11 is a match for anyone in this league but having that 11 isn't obviously enough, we don't have game changers on the bench, we have prospects who may go on an be the next Mcgrandles, Kingsley etc...thats the difference between play offs and a serious challenge...

7.5/10 for Holt for me