The Falkirk FC Thread

Why should he be explaining it all to us? Surely its those carrying out the due dilligence that he should be answering to.  We seem to be trying to carry out the due dilligence in public here for some reason

I read it as he should be explaining to the MSG/Club not the fans.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I read it as he should be explaining to the MSG/Club not the fans.

People saying he hasnt answered this question or that when we have no idea what questions hes been asked in thd process of due dilligence. We need to let that process finish and then see where we are. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

On the limited basis of P&B Falkirk fans, I'd say it's fairly evenly split.

Lots of caution was in evidence early on, but has been overtaken more recently by the splitting of a more vocally trusting set.   Plenty on here have their eyes screwed tightly shut.

Dont know what your reading but most fans on here are erring on the side of caution to code red there have been very little to be optimistic about as we know our MSG are inept. Not seen anyone trusting this guy one bit the majority are resigned to letting the DD run its course and see what happens, i think the end result is pretty much inevitable though i just hope the club survives it.

If your thinking people have their eyes screwed shut on the basis of telling Toronto Black Cat to f**k off thats mainly because its an alias of Edi/latapy Bairn and p*ssed of his ITK with nothing to offer as evidence.

1 hour ago, Warren Mears said:

What did you lot do to make Monkey Tennis so obsessed with you?

I hope we never have this boring fuckwit haunting us all over the forum.

As long as you keep Branch Ton to yourselves i think we could just stomach it

Edited by AL-FFC

What did you lot do to make Monkey Tennis so obsessed with you?
I hope we never have this boring fuckwit haunting us all over the forum.

He turned up after Queens scrapped by Montrose in the playoffs, a good week or so after we had been relegated and the dust had settled. He seems to be in here every day with his utter boring analysis of everything and getting annoyed at people cursing on a football forum and correcting everyone’s grammar.

I believe he’s trying to troll, to wind us up, to get us angry. All he does is make me pity him. Sad really.

55 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Was his dad not our U20’s manager ??

For about five months, aye.

Alan Maybury was the U20 coach until Houston got sacked until the end of September. Then Lee Miller took over until Hartley papped him out in December. Gordon Wylde came in to take the U20s from the end of January until the season ended. All in season 17/18.

He was replaced at the start of the following season by Graeme McArthur, although by then the U20s had become a reserve team thanks to Project Brave.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Gregg Wylde was being mentioned by a few people yesterday as someone we are keen on taking on loan.

He couldn't be any further out in the cold with us, and is on a decent wage by some accounts. When he has been on the pitch he has been very poor. 

I know you have your issues with squad size, stretched budget etc., but there must be a barrel needing scraped somewhere before resorting to him. 

I thought we'd done the 'how many points should we win the league by to death last week. Mibbes not.

Generally, second placed teams over the past half dozen or so seasons have finished with between 61-67 points. Raith 2 seasons ago achieved 75 points, which is a real outlier.

The average (as calculated by someone else on another thread) points accrued by the league winner is 76 points. Shankland powered Ayr achieved this 2 seasons ago, 1 point ahead of Raith.

Most seasons 76 points is good enough for a 10+ point lead.

Putting 76 points into context, the season I rank as the most entertaining I've seen was 2002-03. Other 30 somethings like myself, too young to have properly experienced Jeffries, will probably agree. That season, jobby's team with Samuel, Coyle, Yogi and the gang finished with 81 points, 9 ahead of Clyde. In that context, 76 is probably a decent points total.

Having made it this far through this post, you'll be wondering what that looks like. On average, it's 19 points per quarter. You could have 5 wins and 4 draws OR 6 wins, one draw and 2 losses.

Over a season it could mean 22 wins 10 draws and 4 losses.

That, usually, will mean you win the league by a double figures amount, but you cannot control how another team may do in any given season.

At the moment we are short of numbers, short of pace and have no width, that said there is time to rectify it.

Mark Campbell’s people / Lawyers doing HIS DD are apparently Top Notch, no Micky Mouse outfit, so if he’s paying for top lawyers he might have some kudos. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

At the moment we are short of numbers, short of pace and have no width, that said there is time to rectify it.

Mark Campbell’s people / Lawyers doing HIS DD are apparently Top Notch, no Micky Mouse outfit, so if he’s paying for top lawyers he might have some kudos. Time will tell.

The MSG are conducting DD on P&B and Facebook