The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, spratte said:

How long would it take before a decision was made that some fans didn’t like and therefore withdrew their subscription? Based on the last few pages on here I reckon a few weeks at most.

there would would a structure in place where people are appointed to make decision on the patrons behalf, no patron handing over money would expect a say in the day to day running of the club unless they were elected to do so, in fact most would simply see it as a donation to the club. And same goes for the fans paying into a monthly share save scheme, they would have reps on the board that could put across the majority view of fans and hold a vote in board decisions.

It is true you can run the risk of people pulling their monthly subs (i think Dunfermline have had problems with this) but if its run and marketed correctly it can be a huge success, the Hearts model has prob been the most sucesfull, i believe their number have grown and continue to do so........but at the end of the day you have people who really care for the club making decisions and IMO that can only be a good thing.

7 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Morning. Just a quick post to express my dismay at how underhand your board have acted here. If I've read this correctly it was the board who leaked the information to the national press. That in itself is massively unprofessional but to leak the specific story they did is clearly an attempt to turn fans against your fans group, and potentially rule them out of any future bid for the club. They've deliberately leaked a nothing story and kept the major 'indiscretions' to themselves to make it look like sour grapes from the fans consortium. Skillufully done but really despicable behaviour. I only hope it hasn't conned too many people. Best of luck. 

What are the major indiscretions?

You may as well post every detail with supporting evidence. 

Edited by champions

I'm sure they'd love to, but the owners have decided to sell their shares to someone else and there's nothing BTB can do about it.
A better question would be why did the owners select Mark Campbell out of the three bidders?
Was it because  MC pledged to invest more cash after the purchase than BTB did?
Was it because of a personal dislike from the owners to some of the people involved with BTB?
Was it because the owners may have had links to people associated with the MC bid?
Was it because MC offered more cash to the owners for their shares than anyone else was willing to? Including Scott Davison?

I have no idea. But if someone can find out the answer to the first question it would clear a lot of things up.

Was it because the owners may have had links to people associated with the MC bid?

Is there a chance that this could be the case?

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The 800k @33p/share would buy the extra 2.4m shares. The MSG had c1.4m between them reducing their shareholding to c30% from 62%

So maybe this is my ignorance on the subject but why were we going to buy 2.4m shares, when they only own 1.4m and only getting 32% instead of the full 62%?

Surely that amount of money would have been enough to buy them out twice. Was it purely because the full 800k & the MSG were staying in the club rather than them taking 400k out and leaving?

ETA: Never mind, some of the other posts in the thread have kind of covered this. If this whole thing with Campbell falls through then the BTB bid will probably need to be changed, given the collapse in the relationship between the MSG/Board and the fans then no one is going to back it if they are being kept on. We are looking at £400k to buy them out with the remaining £400k going into the club I would think.

Edited by GMBairn

15 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Morning. Just a quick post to express my dismay at how underhand your board have acted here. If I've read this correctly it was the board who leaked the information to the national press. That in itself is massively unprofessional but to leak the specific story they did is clearly an attempt to turn fans against your fans group, and potentially rule them out of any future bid for the club. They've deliberately leaked a nothing story and kept the major 'indiscretions' to themselves to make it look like sour grapes from the fans consortium. Skillufully done but really despicable behaviour. I only hope it hasn't conned too many people. Best of luck. 

This arsehole  is doing my napper in here. Are Sunderland no in enough bother without you sticking your nose in here. We're still waiting on the smoking gun evidence you brought up days ago. If you havent got any than please feck off.

This arsehole  is doing my napper in here. Are Sunderland no in enough bother without you sticking your nose in here. We're still waiting on the smoking gun evidence you brought up days ago. If you havent got any than please feck off.
I'm getting the impression he isn't even a Sunderland fan, prob similar to Edi/latapy etc and just trying to muddy the waters from a different angle.

Morning Shadwell. The 'smoking gun' has been passed to the relevant fans group and is being dealt with as they see fit. I will certainly not be undermining them as I believe they are the people with your clubs best interests at heart.

Sunderland are a bit of a shambles right now but me posting on here from Canada has absolutely no relevance to that. Odd that you'd believe the two are somehow linked. 

Best of luck 

1 minute ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Morning Shadwell. The 'smoking gun' has been passed to the relevant fans group and is being dealt with as they see fit. I will certainly not be undermining them as I believe they are the people with your clubs best interests at heart.

Sunderland are a bit of a shambles right now but me posting on here from Canada has absolutely no relevance to that. Odd that you'd believe the two are somehow linked. 

Best of luck 

So you are actually the person who has passed on the info to our fans group is that correct? Why did they not say that? Why did they say that they had done their own background checks?  If I ask Kenny is he going to tell me that the info he has was received from some punter in canada?

37 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

11 minutes ago, spud131 said:
21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm getting the impression he isn't even a Sunderland fan, prob similar to Edi/latapy etc and just trying to muddy the waters from a different angle.

Absolutley was thinking the same. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone have any ITK round when we can expect the thumbs up/down on this?

I was told end of August. 

9 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Best of luck 

Are you saying you, a random Sunderland fan from Canada on the Internet, passed the information to btb and they acted on it and now its in the national press? 

Come in here with a post about how bad MC is everyday but have never given any detail in the slightest. Away ye go.

Morning Shadwell. I didn't hand over any information to anyone as it wasn't my 'dirt' to hand out. Those responsible for funding and organising the background checks are owners of the findings and while I have read the documents I certainly would have no right to hand it over to just anyone. It is my understanding that these documents have since been forwarded to group of fans from your club. I assumed that would be the group looking to take over your club but given I haven't been privy to these conversations I can't say with 100% certainty. Given the documents did contain the 'non-story' leaked to the press I thought it was a fair assumption to make but I could be mistaken. Hope this clears everything up for you.

Good luck.

15 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Best of luck 

What difference does it make whether you post it on a forum behind a username?  Surely you would want as many people as possible to be aware.

54 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Thanks Moosefuker

3 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Morning Shadwell. I didn't hand over any information to anyone as it wasn't my 'dirt' to hand out. Those responsible for funding and organising the background checks are owners of the findings and while I have read the documents I certainly would have no right to hand it over to just anyone. It is my understanding that these documents have since been forwarded to group of fans from your club. I assumed that would be the group looking to take over your club but given I haven't been privy to these conversations I can't say with 100% certainty. Given the documents did contain the 'non-story' leaked to the press I thought it was a fair assumption to make but I could be mistaken. Hope this clears everything up for you.

Good luck.

Clear as mud.  So your fans obviously have very little trust in Stuart Donald to do a decent job vetting people if they are paying for background checks on potential buyers.  Did they carry one out on him when he purchased the club?  Wuill they be paying for one on every person who is showing any interest in buying the club? I presume having read the info you are able to confirm that this 'smoking gun' is far more than this blexeley bonkers pish that keeps on getting brought up.