The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
41 minutes ago, champions said:
What was the long term vision of BtB? Was it just a case of the money being invested into the 1st team, or were there plans to finish the stadium and restart the academy? How was that going to be achieved if the 800k was going to the first team only?  
Regarding the actual sale, say you're selling a house, you don't just accept the first bid especially if someone was to come in with a far better offer. That's just crazy.

Would agree if they were selling a house, but their not, they r selling our club and and the long term future/sustainabitily should be the biggest factor in their decision IMO.

Exactly right.

Cant understand the comparison with selling a house really.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Those arguing that losing to Vaduz wasn't all that bad are even worse than those giving this proposed owner carte blanche to do whatever he sees fit to your club. A side being ok in 2019 doesn't mean they were any good at all over a decade ago.

Actually, this is the same group of people on both occasions.

So if someone posts Vaduz Europa lge results around say 2007 - 2011 will that convince you (because that is the most important thing for me) that they actually are of decent pedigree?

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Those arguing that losing to Vaduz wasn't all that bad are even worse than those giving this proposed owner carte blanche to do whatever he sees fit to your club. A side being ok in 2019 doesn't mean they were any good at all over a decade ago.

So if someone posts Vaduz Europa lge results around say 2007 - 2011 will that convince you (because that is the most important thing for me) that they actually are of decent pedigree?

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They're pretty much at the same level now as when we played them, recently demoted from the Swiss Super League.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're pretty much at the same level now as when we played them, recently demoted from the Swiss Super League.

When we played them, they would probably have beaten every SPL team at home other than probably Celtic and Rangers.

They bore no relationship to Lichtenstein ( The National Team ) who funnily enough Scotland just managed to beat. They were full of Germans Swiss Italians who had played at decent level.

We also had prepared abysmally for the tie and had some horrendous players signed and the worst manager in our history.

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

When we played them, they would probably have beaten every SPL team at home other than probably Celtic and Rangers.

They bore no relationship to Lichtenstein ( The National Team ) who funnily enough Scotland just managed to beat. They were full of Germans Swiss Italians who had played at decent level.

We also had prepared abysmally for the tie and had some horrendous players signed and the worst manager in our history.

Aye, and just after a wholesale clearout of Yogi's budget busting final season's squad.

23 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Exactly right.

Cant understand the comparison with selling a house really.

It's not exactly rocket science. First offer you're effectively getting nothing, second offer you're getting a substantial sum of money.  If you're trying to say that you wouldn't consider or accept the second offer then you're an idiot.

27 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Can you imagine anyone giving money for lex and Andy Thomson to spend as they see fit in the current climate?

They clearly all need cleared out but it’s looking like we get rid of boris Johnston and get a Donald trump. Need to be careful what we wish for.

Is there any hard evidence that this guy is dodgy?  

39 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
1 hour ago, champions said:
What was the long term vision of BtB? Was it just a case of the money being invested into the 1st team, or were there plans to finish the stadium and restart the academy? How was that going to be achieved if the 800k was going to the first team only?  
Regarding the actual sale, say you're selling a house, you don't just accept the first bid especially if someone was to come in with a far better offer. That's just crazy.

Would agree if they were selling a house, but their not, they r selling our club and and the long term future/sustainabitily should be the biggest factor in their decision IMO.

And theres no guarantee that the BtB bid would have offered that either. 

4 minutes ago, champions said:

It's not exactly rocket science. First offer you're effectively getting nothing, second offer you're getting a substantial sum of money.  If you're trying to say that you wouldn't consider or accept the second offer then you're an idiot.

Two points to that - the analogy stands on whether you’ve accepted the first offer before getting the second - in which case you’re acting perfectly legally but not particularly ethically.  

Second is that it depends whether you care what happens to your house after you sell it.  Many would think that the MSG should have a care for that.

3 minutes ago, champions said:

Is there any hard evidence that this guy is dodgy?  

And theres no guarantee that the BtB bid would have offered that either. 

To the first point, nobody knows and anything you read on here is going to be speculation.

To the second point, at least you have ownership and a large degree of control in the hands of those who actually support the club and therefore will have an eye to it’s long term future.  For what it’s worth I think day-to-day management of the club could be problematic under fan ownership, there are always hard decision that someone has to make and you’ll always get “wait a minute, I own shares and I think that’s an idiotic decision”.  It could easily lead to paralysis.  It’s not all positives.

19 minutes ago, champions said:

The BtB ‘offer’ was never really an offer. The club asked for them to investigate the feasibility of a fan ownership model. 

They’ve changed position here.

If the MSGs position was to sell the club to the highest bidder all along then that’s slightly different but the BtB model was never going to be able to match the finances of an external bid such as MC.

The club sounded out the fans about a fundamental change in how the club was owned and operated.

You can argue all day about what’s right for the future of the club but it’s far far more complex than selling a house. 

I think that comparison will be more pertinent if/when MC comes to sell up.

50 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They were actually better back then. They just got relegated from the swiss top flight.

To the first point, nobody knows and anything you read on here is going to be speculation.
To the second point, at least you have ownership and a large degree of control in the hands of those who actually support the club and therefore will have an eye to it’s long term future.  For what it’s worth I think day-to-day management of the club could be problematic under fan ownership, there are always hard decision that someone has to make and you’ll always get “wait a minute, I own shares and I think that’s an idiotic decision”.  It could easily lead to paralysis.  It’s not all positives.

How long would it take before a decision was made that some fans didn’t like and therefore withdrew their subscription? Based on the last few pages on here I reckon a few weeks at most.

57 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Away an’ bile your heid.......arsehole

Edited by HonestAl

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm sure they'd love to, but the owners have decided to sell their shares to someone else and there's nothing BTB can do about it.

Or maybe there is. They could say put out a vague statement in an attempt to discredit/torpedo a competitors bid without backing the said statement up with hard facts.

The wider fan base, with the exception of a small few are unaware of what the suggested information of concern actually is. It may be fact based and damning, if that's the case, when the info comes to light I would think the vast majority of fans will support their actions.

On the other hand, when the info is released, it would be concerning to find out that it amounts to not alot and it is more about the opinion/feeling/perceived concerns of a few individuals regards MC as a fit/legitimate person to buy the club. You cannot escape the fact that BtB were rival bidders to MC. It was and still is my opinion that the info they handed over to the board  should have also been released to the fan base when they made their statement. If it is so damning, what is the problem with letting us see it so we can make our own minds up.

I don't know any of the BtB guys but I'm pretty sure they're intentions are honorable. I just think they have handled the situation really badly.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A better question would be why did the owners select Mark Campbell out of the three bidders?

Whether we believe their reasons or not I think the MSG covered that in their statement last week.

Was it because  MC pledged to invest more cash after the purchase than BTB did?

Without a doubt.

Was it because of a personal dislike from the owners to some of the people involved with BTB?

Without knowing the personal dynamics between BtB and the board you wouldn't know. Some on this board have suggested that might be the case.

Was it because the owners may have had links to people associated with the MC bid?

Not having a go, but is that a question or a suggestion? If it's a suggestion then cough up the info or why say anything.

Was it because MC offered more cash to the owners for their shares than anyone else was willing to? Including Scott Davison?

More than likely.

Morning. Just a quick post to express my dismay at how underhand your board have acted here. If I've read this correctly it was the board who leaked the information to the national press. That in itself is massively unprofessional but to leak the specific story they did is clearly an attempt to turn fans against your fans group, and potentially rule them out of any future bid for the club. They've deliberately leaked a nothing story and kept the major 'indiscretions' to themselves to make it look like sour grapes from the fans consortium. Skillufully done but really despicable behaviour. I only hope it hasn't conned too many people. Best of luck.