The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't pretend to understand this stuff, but here's a completely uninformed opinion implying you're all wrong

😂

Assuming you're referring to me, I was implying my own ignorance and was quickly put right. :)

Edited by welshbairn

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well that's remarkable. 

We really are back to the playground here.  Unless someone says "I promise", it doesn't count?

Don’t forget to make sure they aren’t crossing their fingers behind their back when they do say “I promise”, or they can walk that too.

34 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Seasons starts in less than 48hrs with 14 fit outfield players, seem to remember the MSG saying they would provide funds before the takeover

Bolton have 7....two of them goalies...

Lovely for Tranmere fans !

They were not selling to BTB just reducing the % shareholding. The 800k was an investment straight into the club.

TBF on most of the MSG the cash is not that relevant on this. They seem to want to ensure the club is in safe hands moving forward and with someone who will develop it. Fingers crossed this guy is it. Big call mind you on someone from Sidcup.

So why wouldn’t btb buy the club for £400k leaving the balance (another £400k) to invest?

2 minutes ago, spratte said:

So why wouldn’t btb buy the club for £400k leaving the balance (another £400k) to invest?

A good question and, who knows, this may still come to pass? £400k of course is well below the 'seven figure' sum that MC says he'll invest in the club once he's got it and, after saying that they would dilute their holding to allow investment of the full £800k, the MSG would be seen in a very bad light if they then took half of the cash to walk away. 

19 minutes ago, spratte said:

I'm sure they'd love to, but the owners have decided to sell their shares to someone else and there's nothing BTB can do about it.

A better question would be why did the owners select Mark Campbell out of the three bidders?

Was it because  MC pledged to invest more cash after the purchase than BTB did?

Was it because of a personal dislike from the owners to some of the people involved with BTB?

Was it because the owners may have had links to people associated with the MC bid?

Was it because MC offered more cash to the owners for their shares than anyone else was willing to? Including Scott Davison?

I have no idea. But if someone can find out the answer to the first question it would clear a lot of things up.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm sure they'd love to, but the owners have decided to sell their shares to someone else and there's nothing BTB can do about it.

A better question would be why did the owners select Mark Campbell out of the three bidders?

Was it because  MC pledged to invest more cash after the purchase than BTB did?

Was it because of a personal dislike from the owners to some of the people involved with BTB?

Was it because the owners may have had links to people associated with the MC bid?

Was it because MC offered more cash to the owners for their shares than anyone else was willing to? Including Scott Davison?

I have no idea. But if someone can find out the answer to the first question it would clear a lot of things up.

It certainly would.

Still amazed it was only 1000.

Everywhere I went for 2 days their were Falkirk fans in droves.

Even that video seems a lot more

Wonder if it’s worth pointing out that those apparent diddy minnows from Liechtenstein tonight overcame a 1-0 first leg deficit to beat recent Hungarian champions Videoton 2-1 on aggregate to qualify for the third round of the Europa League?

The Scottish media [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Wonder if it’s worth pointing out that those apparent diddy minnows from Liechtenstein tonight overcame a 1-0 first leg deficit to beat the Hungarian champions Videoton 2-1 on aggregate to qualify for the third round of the Europa League?
The Scottish media emoji23.png

And in extra time too. Deja vu all over again.

The club was offered more from the patron consortium with a promise of introducing the BTB scheme but that got turned away too. You best ask the MSG why I guess.

In fact they got offered more last Autumn from a consortium for two seats on the Board, and removal of the CEO and Chairman but were told “we don’t need your money” by a member of the MSG and that they were doing a brilliant job. Oh that went well

The club was offered more from the patron consortium with a promise of introducing the BTB scheme but that got turned away too. You best ask the MSG why I guess.

In fact they got offered more last Autumn from a consortium for two seats on the Board, and removal of the CEO and Chairman but were told “we don’t need your money” by a member of the MSG and that they were doing a brilliant job. Oh that went well

Should we ask the MSG, or should we go straight to Andy Thomson?

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Should we ask the MSG, or should we go straight to Andy Thomson?

1) I wasn't there,

2) I don't recall those meetings

3) I wasn't invited to those talks 

4) I dont know what a consortium is

24 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

So what's happened to the Will Vaulks money? Are we in a position where the MSG have pocketed that and are essentially double dipping with an immediate sale straight after?

Or is it Vaulks money yet to arrive and will land in Campbell's lap as an immediate cash boost to the business in Year One ? (Cough Ticketus)

The way these things normally work is that share purchases are on a “cash free/debt free” basis.  What that means is, if at the time you buy the company there are assets or liabilities beyond a set level,the price is adjusted £ for £.

For example, you agree to buy my shares for £800k but on the day of the transaction there is £500k of cash sitting in a bank account, you pay £1.3m.  Similarly, if there’s an amount owned to the bank of £200k, you pay £600k.  If the money is owed but not yet received, this should be shown as a debtor in completion accounts and the price adjusted accordingly - unless it was already explicitly factored into the price you’ve agreed.

Given its not 100% of the shares being sold and there are a number of shareholders, it might work slightly differently - but that’s the principle.  You get protection through legal docs (and maybe holding back money) if unexpected things come out of the woodwork later on.

ETA - double dipping is an interesting phrase.  If that money’s been received and taken out the business, then the shares are just worth less and that should have been taken into account in any purchase price.  However, unless it’s in repayment of any outstanding soft loans, I can’t see how it could have been taken out of the company (absent theft, and I know we have a low opinion of the MSG/board but I don’t think anyone believes them to be crooks).

Edited by Disco Duck

They were getting nothing from the BtB bid. The money was going directly into the club in exchange for newly issued shares which would upon issue have diluted their shareholding by approximately 50%. They could sell to Campbell tomorrow for a fiver, it's still more than they stood to gain from the BtB bid. That's the whole undercurrent of this never-ending saga, they were fully behind the BtB scheme at the end of last year and allowed months of hard work to be input, ultimately all for nothing when other bidders offering to pay them directly for the shareholding appeared on the scene. Just coincidence?? If Campbell does not get over the line, god knows where we go from there, would they have the nerve to go cap-in-hand to the supporters having already rejected them twice. It won't be pretty.

Yip that’s exactly what will happen as I have repeatedly stated they will crawl back to BTB . Repeat nobody but a fan would buy the MSG shares as there is no money to be made. If there was any low hanging fruit ie develop a hotel etc the current board could have done that or sold on the opportunity long ago . They have booted Kenny and David in the balls to flirt with this probable chancer .
Why only they will know? but I suspect this is yet another f—k up by those in control.I predict the fans have had enough and will make life unbearable for them if they don’t do the right thing . What a mess

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

Yip that’s exactly what will happen as I have repeatedly stated they will crawl back to BTB . Repeat nobody but a fan would buy the MSG shares as there is no money to be made. If there was any low hanging fruit ie develop a hotel etc the current board could have done that or sold on the opportunity long ago . They have booted Kenny and David in the balls to flirt with this probable chancer .
Why only they will know? but I suspect this is yet another f—k up by those in control.I predict the fans have had enough and will make life unbearable for them if they don’t do the right thing . What a mess

I don’t think the fans will turn on them to be honest.

Enough have turned on the BtB guys already because of the statement to prove that they’ll go along with anything. Couple that with the season ticket sales I think it’s safe to say that we’ll do f**k all whatever happens.

New York-based businessman Mark Campbell, the preferred bidder to buy Falkirk, has dismissed concerns by fans group Back The Bairns, saying some allegations made about him on social media relate to another person. (Daily Mail, print edition)

From BBC rumours page