The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:

For me I can't see what the BTB guys could unearth in the last few days that we haven't all raised on here, could it be that they are just raising the general concerns we are all raising to the board.

Hopefully due diligence and SFA checks are thorough and this guy is genuine and we get the academy back and a team to be proud of again.

But we have to remember due diligence works both ways Campbell could find something and decide to walk as well

Aye probably this forum page.

39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Having worked in the Commercial Banking sector for a number of years and some of the rubbish that people are spouting on here is hilarious.

I have no knowledge of Mark Campbell’s business history, business acumen, previous experience, value of assets and I am also not in a position to judge his character.

What I do know is that high risk due diligence checks will be carried out by the SFA, Falkirk FC and their bankers. If Mark Campbell passes these checks then that’s great, we have a new owner. If he fails, well we are stuck with the current board but not at risk, as such, of being under the stewardship of Mark Campbell.

These checks are built to protect companies and from experience are now more robust than ever.

His US companies will be subject to UK AML checks which are a lot more rigorous than US checks so that should give us more comfort that this will be done correctly.

Whoever went public with their fears is quite frankly an attention seeker as the checks would take place anyway. Not got a clue who it was but I’d suggest, through experience they are not to be trusted and have done it for personal gain.

Lets just let the due diligence checks take place, stop the name calling and take it from there.

Come on. Due diligence checks are carried out on the target company. Checks on the acquiring party are limited to absence of criminal back  ground, money laundering and proof of funds to complete the deal. 

How are you going to check out the guys true motives?  To a non fan owning Falkirk yields no pride of possession so how is he going to turn the deal to profit and get the investors money back? 

2 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Come on. Due diligence checks are carried out on the target company. Checks on the acquiring party are limited to absence of criminal back  ground, money laundering and proof of funds to complete the deal. 

How are you going to check out the guys true motives?  To a non fan owning Falkirk yields no pride of possession so how is he going to turn the deal to profit and get the investors money back? 

Short of waterboarding the guy how are you going to find out anyone's true motives are ?

Not really about him having cash or not for me. It is more about his background and could we trust him or not to look after the club properly. That is where I need convincing.

He will have shown enough cash to buy the club - it might not be his - but I am sure they will be have the c400k to buy the place. Will they put anything in after, Will they borrow against the club etc etc etc. That is the unknown for me. Once he has it he can do with it what he wants

Having worked in the Commercial Banking sector for a number of years and some of the rubbish that people are spouting on here is hilarious.
I have no knowledge of Mark Campbell’s business history, business acumen, previous experience, value of assets and I am also not in a position to judge his character.
What I do know is that high risk due diligence checks will be carried out by the SFA, Falkirk FC and their bankers. If Mark Campbell passes these checks then that’s great, we have a new owner. If he fails, well we are stuck with the current board but not at risk, as such, of being under the stewardship of Mark Campbell.
These checks are built to protect companies and from experience are now more robust than ever.
His US companies will be subject to UK AML checks which are a lot more rigorous than US checks so that should give us more comfort that this will be done correctly.
Whoever went public with their fears is quite frankly an attention seeker as the checks would take place anyway. Not got a clue who it was but I’d suggest, through experience they are not to be trusted and have done it for personal gain.
Lets just let the due diligence checks take place, stop the name calling and take it from there.
Far to sensible a post the way this forum is going [emoji23]

Short of waterboarding the guy how are you going to find out anyone's true motives are ?

Is that not the concern though? What are his/their motives?

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm bemused by the 'let's see what happens' brigade.

Why the sudden faith in the capacity of a board you despise and want rid of, to see through a convincing DD process?

Because these guys are successful business men who have been through this process before. As I previously said Sandy Alexander didn't just sell Schuh to the first boy that turned up with a smile and a decent power point presentation. Whilst they have struggled to run a football club well in recent years bigger business men than them have had that problem. Whilst they have undoubtedly hung about too long some of these guys saved the club when it was going under. Without ritchie and liddell we would not have a club. After all that why would you just hand the club over to any old punter without ensuring its future?

This blexeley bonkers pish is completely ludicrous.What next Pogo Smith formerly of blexley grammar school says Mark Campbell stole my dinner money and gave me a wedgie.  

Does it not give you a worry about his character?

Or do you think it is not him?

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Is that not the concern though? What are his/their motives?

Well if he builds the club up to what he wants then we have the assets to strip , at the moment it seems to be wanting to buy out the council share in the main stand then you have a couple of options, how much is the value of the land the stadium is on for retail/commercial etc we know the bulk of the land about the stadium has lay unused for years but i dont see a relatively new stadium and surrounding area for sale with planning permission for x, y and z

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Does it not give you a worry about his character?

Or do you think it is not him?

I've no idea but it's a message forum from 7 years ago ffs.  Would you use anything in pie and bovril to base your case against anyone's character?