The Falkirk FC Thread

So let’s say BTB have enough on Campbell that it brings the buyout to its knees. What happens then? Do BTB get preference of the buyout or do the MSG/Board ask for re submissions? Then you’ll have the DD on whoever becomes preferred bidder.

Am I right in this assumption? Maybe the BTB guys mates on this forum can help. BPM?

Good to see the email was acted upon. 
I've been led to believe that your board are maybe not quite as competent as I'd hoped. In normal circumstances this would be terminal. Hopefully it is here. 

“Toronto Black Cat” Would be good if you stopped posting on here as if you were genuine and had any dirt to dish you would’ve done so by now, these thinly veiled, cryptic posts are just silly.
Nowt more obvious that an agenda

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Any businessman who walks away from a deal because somebody doesn't like him wasn't very committed in the first place.

I don't have a strong opinion of BTB's actions atm. Credit to them for sticking their heads above the parapet as it's what many, including myself, wanted from them. Whether their actions were correct or not can only be judged properly after we know what information they passed on to the BOD.  I've no doubt it will come out eventually.

I wouldn't worry about the Fifers getting into Europe. They would only get papped out by a bunch of part time Icelandic fishermen.

It was a bit tongue and cheek to be honest mate.

1 minute ago, Big Sid said:

“Toronto Black Cat” Would be good if you stopped posting on here as if you were genuine and had any dirt to dish you would’ve done so by now, these thinly veiled, cryptic posts are just silly.
Nowt more obvious that an agenda

Aye there are obviously a couple of punters out there( or at least one) that have an agenda against Campbell for one reason or another.  Whilst they have come out with a lot of negative pish none have been able to produce a smoking gun yet. Whether the BTB boys have is another thing. We'll just have to wait and see

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye there are obviously a couple of punters out there( or at least one) that have an agenda against Campbell for one reason or another.  Whilst they have come out with a lot of negative pish none have been able to produce a smoking gun yet. Whether the BTB boys have is another thing. We'll just have to wait and see

I should add that although i'm sceptical of this guy and genuinely don't think it seems right, ill be over the moon if i'm wrong about him. Would want nothing more than him to make the club as successful as he's making out. 

Ok so please enlighten me as to what you think his plan is once he paid the peanuts to buy them out?
Sell the stadium we don’t own? Cash in the youngsters we don’t have? Alienate the fans? Get us relegated?
Im genuinely intrigued as to what you think his intentions might be?

First off, I’d love this guy to be the messiah and deliver all our hopes and dreams on a silver platter, I’m just urging caution like most others.

Is there anything to stop him taking out loans against the FFC company name and therefor plunging an otherwise debt-free, if not stagnated football club into murky financial waters?
If that is somehow not possible then I stand corrected, I’m just being sceptical as I find it hard not to feel that way at this stage.

Just now, PipoIsABairn said:

I should add that although i'm sceptical of this guy and genuinely don't think it seems right, ill be over the moon if i'm wrong about him. Would want nothing more than him to make the club as successful as he's making out. 

Most of us are sceptical . Its Falkirk after all we are used to getting kicked in the nuts. I reckon some are taking this a bit far though at the moment and thats no the boys with the vandetta's.

1 minute ago, Big Sid said:

First off, I’d love this guy to be the messiah and deliver all our hopes and dreams on a silver platter, I’m just urging caution like most others.

Is there anything to stop him taking out loans against the FFC company name and therefor plunging an otherwise debt-free, if not stagnated football club into murky financial waters?
If that is somehow not possible then I stand corrected, I’m just being sceptical as I find it hard not to feel that way at this stage.

This was the only way I could think he could make money out of it, but also unsure how possible it is. That being said, in a world where you can use potential ticket sales to buy a club surely taking out loans against it seems viable.

10 minutes ago, sick boy said:

this has been a horrible, horrible read last few days. Can we talk about the game for a bit, not been this buzzing for an away game in a good couple years

I love you brother but this is slightly more important than one league game against Peterhead.

24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

welshbairn seems absolutely desperate for any ounce of doubt about this fella to be extinguished. Maybe he's totally above board but seems odd for any Falkirk fan to just accept everything at face value.

I don't accept anything at face value, especially laughably poor so called dirt trawled from "Bexley is Bonkers" by a Raith Rovers fan. I just don't assume the worst because a property guy's past deals aren't plastered all over the internet. And I think there's a fair chance that due diligence was done at Sunderland, and that the same is being done here, not only by the board but by the SFA/SPFL. He could turn out to be a crook or fantasist but nothing to come out about him so far makes me think he is.

Edited by welshbairn

It is possible the guy just doesnt live his life on social media or the internet and others would rather have the attention plastered all over the internet.  He said himself he is a private person and rather keep things out the public domain thats not a bad thing but then again on the flip side means he has something to hide.

Seems plenty of unanswered questions about Mark Campbell. However for me personally there are as many for the BtB guys. Others seem to know or feel differently.

Is this because they like the concept? Like/trust the people involved? Or a combination?

2 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Seems plenty of unanswered questions about Mark Campbell. However for me personally there are as many for the BtB guys. Others seem to know or feel differently.

Is this because they like the concept? Like/trust the people involved? Or a combination?

I think like a lot of people they are a bit concerned about how the due dilligence will be carried out by the bod. As I've already said I would hope that people who have been involved in selling big companies previously like Alexander and Ritchie would have the business acumen to ensure that this is done correctly . I have more faith in them carrying that out correctly than running a football team thankfully.

Would people be a concern to people if MC had been a Director of several (more than 15 say) companies that have been liquidated/dissolved?

If that was the case then it’s a no-brainier the guy is bad news IMO

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

Would people be a concern to people if MC had been a Director of several (more than 15 say) companies that have been liquidated/dissolved?

It would depend if they were set up as temporary instruments to facilitate a specific purpose, or if they went bust owing lots of money.

Did it not say the deal was 2.6m 

I’ve seen varying figures mentioned, that might be the right one. A lot of money, still quite possible that such a figure could be raised in order to make the initial purchase, whether that be through loans, a hidden consortium, who knows.
If as has been mentioned this guy has been at the helm of 15 or 16 dissolved limited companies then it’s fair to say it’s worth erring on the side of caution