The Falkirk FC Thread

I suppose it all depends on what the btb guys have come up with. Is it anything new? Is it anything we didn't know already. Are they simply trying to make sure that the bod/msg are carrying out due dilligence in the proper way and not missing anything? Sun story tells us nothing we didn't know already.  

Only my opinion but knowing the guys they are only doing it to make sure that the club is protected. It may well be that the info can be explained and things move on with MC.

It disappoints me after everything the guys have done and gone through that they are being slaughtered by some. Those were the same people who asked the BTB guys to say something about the meeting they had on the Monday.

They have commented on it. Never easy when someone says Christmas maybe about to be cancelled.

Imagine if they had found this info, not shared it and MC is a charlatan. Then the same people would be slaughtering them again I guess.

Give them a break FFS.

11 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

The Sun (on-line) has a story (31 July) on the John Park revelation (wont start working until money in place) and also a story (30 July, updated 22:51) containing the lines 

But it’s understood fans have voiced fears over the real estate mogul who failed in a bid to take over Sunderland FC. A source said: “Falkirk chiefs are now in possession of fresh information relating to Campbell’s past business interests.”

I think it was the article 30 July that prompted the BtB statement, that they supplied the aforementioned  information to MSG/BoD. 

The BtB DID NOT leak details to The Sun.

Makes sense now.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Only my opinion but knowing the guys they are only doing it to make sure that the club is protected. It may well be that the info can be explained and things move on with MC.

It disappoints me after everything the guys have done and gone through that they are being slaughtered by some. Those were the same people who asked the BTB guys to say something about the meeting they had on the Monday.

They have commented on it. Never easy when someone says Christmas maybe about to be cancelled.

Imagine if they had found this info, not shared it and MC is a charlatan. Then the same people would be slaughtering them again I guess.

Give them a break FFS.

I dont think its them being slaughtered it's just people not looking at the situation from all angles,everyone has a different perspective for different situation.  Trouble with this is we are all reading to much into statements stuff leaked online, media reports you can read into anything and can take it a number of ways.

All we can do is wait and see.

2 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

This isn't really based on much but I just don't trust this guy. As with most things in life it all seems way too good to be true and something about it just doesn't add up. We have no debt and i'm concerned about whether his intention is to use the club as leverage against future debts with regards to these business venture ideas. Sure there are no assets currently to strip but if he puts the club into debt, sells off the assets he used the debts to finance and leaves without paying off the debts, which are linked to the club and not him, doesn't that leave us utterly screwed? I'll freely admit I don't really know too much about this stuff and am 100% not itk but this seems like a possibility and I can't see any other reason he'd plough the amounts of money being discussed into Falkirk.

What you suggest is entirely possible and plausible. I think anything “ploughed in” is likely to be cash raised against land owned by FFC in your scenario.

I dont think its them being slaughtered it's just people not looking at the situation from all angles,everyone has a different perspective for different situation.  Trouble with this is we are all reading to much into statements stuff leaked online, media reports you can read into anything and can take it a number of ways.
All we can do is wait and see.

There are plenty slaughtering them on COYB and a few on here

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There are plenty slaughtering them on COYB and a few on here

Uncalled for, guys are doing what the club should be doing but again whoever leaked it from the club is the ones who should be slaughtered over it.  Needs a calm heid and to look at things from all angles.  We all want new owners but i also want my club to survive for another 100 odd years and not do a Gretna.

Edited by AL-FFC

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The one thing that will be of interest will be if the BtB have discovered anything over and above what’s been mentioned previously in this thread?

Agreed. It better no be some pics off twitter and the blexeley taxi pish.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

May just be me, but have BtB not just played a blinder there? You know what they say give someone enough rope to hang themselves. There's only two ways in which this is a bad move by BtB:-

1. If they uncover info on Campbell, and dish it themselves, THAT looks like sour grapes. Especially if Campbell then turns out to be the messiah (which is unlikely, IMO).

2. MSG are given the gen, it's ignored, they get their dosh, and then it all goes breasts north. If that happens though, it's not just bad for BtB, it's bad for your club full stop.

5 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

May just be me, but have BtB not just played a blinder there? You know what they say give someone enough rope to hang themselves. There's only two ways in which this is a bad move by BtB:-

1. If they uncover info on Campbell, and dish it themselves, THAT looks like sour grapes. Especially if Campbell then turns out to be the messiah (which is unlikely, IMO).

2. MSG are given the gen, it's ignored, they get their dosh, and then it all goes breasts north. If that happens though, it's not just bad for BtB, it's bad for your club full stop.

Or Btb give info which turns out to be pish. Mark Campbell gets the hump and storms off only to buy Dunfermline take them into the premier league, europe and beyond.

Craig Whyte bought Rangers for £1. He didn’t need to have the money, he just pretended he did. 
Do you think Lex n co are leaving their seats for £1. Campbell needs to have the cash to buy them out or this dies in 2 weeks and everything has been pointless. 
Proper DD will be done whether ‘Honk Van Hell’ raises their concerns on P&B or not. 
None of us know if this guy is the real deal or not and we won’t until he’s in the chair but if he passes DD then surely it’s a risk worth taking?

The money required to buy out the MSG is relative peanuts, it would then leave MC or any other individual majority shareholding owner as the man at the helm, which could present issues further down the line. Just because someone can buy out the MSG doesn’t mean they’ve got serious financial clout to deliver. All looking a bit dodgy now anyway!

Theres a million different ways this can play out the guys genuine, the guys a crook most of us are cautious on MC can we stop reading into media articles and trying to second guess this as there is every chance our own reactions to this can scupper any possible deal by any of the bidders.  Though i think its prob suffice to say any deal getting scuppered will probably be one of the MSG own doing at this rate.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I’m actually stunned at the stick BtB are getting on here. They’re the only ones with our club at heart furfucksake.

I think their initial statement was a bit ambiguous and needed worded better which it now has been. Caused a bit of confusion . All they are basically doing is making sure that the due dilligence is covering everything thats all. Doesn't really change anything at all.

6 minutes ago, Big Sid said:

The money required to buy out the MSG is relative peanuts, it would then leave MC or any other individual majority shareholding owner as the man at the helm, which could present issues further down the line. Just because someone can buy out the MSG doesn’t mean they’ve got serious financial clout to deliver. All looking a bit dodgy now anyway!

Ok so please enlighten me as to what you think his plan is once he paid the peanuts to buy them out?

Sell the stadium we don’t own? Cash in the youngsters we don’t have? Alienate the fans? Get us relegated?

Im genuinely intrigued as to what you think his intentions might be?

12 minutes ago, Big Sid said:

The money required to buy out the MSG is relative peanuts

Forgive my ignorance, because it's genuine here, but how much dry roasted would need to be given to the MSG in order to obtain their shares?

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or Btb give info which turns out to be pish. Mark Campbell gets the hump and storms off only to buy Dunfermline take them into the premier league, europe and beyond.

Any businessman who walks away from a deal because somebody doesn't like him wasn't very committed in the first place.

I don't have a strong opinion of BTB's actions atm. Credit to them for sticking their heads above the parapet as it's what many, including myself, wanted from them. Whether their actions were correct or not can only be judged properly after we know what information they passed on to the BOD.  I've no doubt it will come out eventually.

I wouldn't worry about the Fifers getting into Europe. They would only get papped out by a bunch of part time Icelandic fishermen.