The Falkirk FC Thread

It reeks and the last point about his main company website should ring alarm bells loud.  

Any particular reason why? Who says it’s his main company?

I was involved in one process last year where the entity to buy the company was set up the day before and there’s still no website in that name and never will be.

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

So he moved to the US about 3 years ago max and has somehow amassed a fortune making commission on real estate from a standing start.

Why not name the major buildings he has sold, since when has real estate agencies been a big secret? He says it's been a struggle keeping the recent one quiet - I thought the whole idea was for them to advertise the sale to potential vendors out there.

And why did he not name the coffee company in the video , what's the secret there - I'm thinking it's a mobile van you know.

Unless you have a national chain of shops - KRC (Kenny Rogers Coffee)  - there's not that much money in coffee you know  and loads of competition.

BE AFRAID.

1 hour ago, KiwiDB said:

Any particular reason why? Who says it’s his main company?

I was involved in one process last year where the entity to buy the company was set up the day before and there’s still no website in that name and never will be.

Well he's not divulging the name of the coffee shop/van he owns so it's really all we have to go on.

And we don't know who the previous entity is either or where their website is do we.

He's selling real estate and has no website or on-line footprint, does he do it from the back of van (maybe the coffee van)  ?   

15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Nothing that we didn't know already. At the meetings park said he wouldn't get involved and talk.football till the sale was confirmed. This is a complete nothing article.

52 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Well he's not divulging the name of the coffee shop/van he owns so it's really all we have to go on.

And we don't know who the previous entity is either or where their website is do we.

He's selling real estate and has no website or on-line footprint, does he do it from the back of van (maybe the coffee van)  ?   

Why don't you ask him all these questions instead of asking folk on here. Guys quite open to chat.

I’m surprised and concerned about the lack of info on the guy
1. Where did he live in England . Somebody from that area must be able to throw some light on him
2 What real estate did he sell in New York
3 What turnover / profit does his enterprises have
4 What is his business history
5 Who does he support
Don’t get me wrong I’m all for taking a chance on him but the lack of info on the guy is a bit of a red flag . I really thought that by now we would have the complete picture. Anyone could state they have sold real estate and have an interest in a coffee company bug that could be as little as having sold a few flats with 95% mortgages and the wife runs a cafe. The devil is in the detail . We don’t want Walter Mitty taking over the mantle from lex as Falkirk biggest plonked !

5. He's a man United supporter and former ST holder at OT. Source: Falkirk Herald

Other thing is you can email google and ask them to remove your data so that when someone searches your name your pretty much omitted from any search results (I done that so I know) could be a perfect reason behind it all or could be us just dreaming up scenarios that aren’t there.

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why don't you ask him all these questions instead of asking folk on here. Guys quite open to chat.

I have seen him on Twitter answering similar questions but never naming anything.

Like I am in real estate and coffee.

I have seen him on Twitter answering similar questions but never naming anything.

I sent him a tweet (late last night, so I'm not expecting a response yet) politely asking him about his coffee business. I haven't asked about real estate, as I don't expect him to name names on that. We'll see what he comes back with in the next couple of days I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

You should've asked him at the meetings then.  I had a decent chat with him for ten mins. Was open to answering any questions. I'm not saying hes kosher but hes not avoiding anything at the moment.

22 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:
6 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I’m surprised and concerned about the lack of info on the guy
1. Where did he live in England . Somebody from that area must be able to throw some light on him
2 What real estate did he sell in New York
3 What turnover / profit does his enterprises have
4 What is his business history
5 Who does he support
Don’t get me wrong I’m all for taking a chance on him but the lack of info on the guy is a bit of a red flag . I really thought that by now we would have the complete picture. Anyone could state they have sold real estate and have an interest in a coffee company bug that could be as little as having sold a few flats with 95% mortgages and the wife runs a cafe. The devil is in the detail . We don’t want Walter Mitty taking over the mantle from lex as Falkirk biggest plonked !

5. He's a man United supporter and former ST holder at OT. Source: Falkirk Herald

Yeah he did say that when I asked him.

I sent him a tweet (late last night, so I'm not expecting a response yet) politely asking him about his coffee business. I haven't asked about real estate, as I don't expect him to name names on that. We'll see what he comes back with in the next couple of days I suppose.

Not convinced his coffee business is up and running yet. Was told it will start trading towards the end of the year.

Nothing that we didn't know already. At the meetings park said he wouldn't get involved and talk.football till the sale was confirmed. This is a complete nothing article.

Why the f**k was he there then? To give this guy some legitimacy by the looks.

It is typical of the MSG this. They can’t do anything well and without drama. The guy may well be legit but by Christ he has some convincing to do for me.

I said yesterday this fashion parade should never have taken place until the DD was completed and it was signed and sealed.

Absolute shambles.

Without trying to sound like I’m being impatient with or having a go at Kenny J or those involved in the BtB bid, but I think I’m right in saying Kenny and Keith G both met Mark Campbell on Monday morning at around 9.30am. It would be good if Kenny could issue some sort of statement regarding how he felt that meeting went. I’m sure Kenny knows that many fans are sceptical and hold the opinions of the BtB’s guys in high regard. With that in mind, why the silence? If they found Campbell to be open and honest enough, tell us so many of our fears can be alleviated. Similarly, if they have doubts over Campbell’s credentials and find him a bit of a chancer, let’s not keep it secret. Speak up and tell us either way.

Personally think they are in a difficult position.

If they are critical many may think it is sour grapes as the MSG sold elsewhere.

If they come out and say they think he is great and it goes wrong then they are in danger of losing face.

Remember this is a MSG decision, maybe they should be saying something to stop all this uncertainty?

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced his coffee business is up and running yet. Was told it will start trading towards the end of the year.

But he said himself he's made his money from coffee and real estate. 

But he said himself he's made his money from coffee and real estate. 

Did he? Thought he said selling property - f**k the American real estate pish

6 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

It’s all getting a bit repetitive. If he doesn’t have the money he won’t get the keys as the MSG will not be going anywhere until their pockets have been lined. 

Nobody knows if he’ll keep his promises if/when he takes over but he’ll have to go some to be worse than the current regime. If he is true to his word then things are going to get pretty exciting. 

Craig Whyte managed to get the money to buy out Rangers debt without having any - he borrowed it for a new company (like what MC has just set up) on the strength of him buying the club and mortgaging future season ticket sales.

He also mounted a similar charm offensive and courted the media, and no-one knew exactly what his business was other than real estate.

People are right to be skeptical and raise concerns  so that the proper DD is done by our calamitous MSG/BOD, and we can all be happy.  There should be proof of funds requested  now and where it's come from and a proper business plan instead of all the pie in the sky wish list promises .

I’m sorry but that’s an incredibly naive view of how business actually operates..

Over the last few years I’ve been involved in some fairly meaty transactions where businesses have been bought and sold for hundred of millions...

if you were to try and google and research some of the buyers you would find ZERO about them as they are incredibly private businesses and investors who just go about their business quietly and efficiently with minimal fuss.

Many of the entities used to buy the businesses are only set up once they have received preferred bidder status or even later and there’s certainly no websites with any of those names of them.

I don’t have any opinion either way on whether this guy is legit however the fact information is hard to find is far from a red flag for me.

Well it should be because as fans we want the best for the club. We have suffered in the past due to chancers being in charge. Football is not a normal business you have to have your customers (the fans) approve of you and your intentions.
I have also bought and sold many businesses both in the Uk and the US and I can tell you if something doesn’t smell right you had better start pulling up the floorboards.