The Falkirk FC Thread

GH in his post match interview doesn't think the fans are giving the team the support they deserve

Can't disagree with him. Here we have a team of kids challenging for the title yet folk either don't go to the games or if they do, just can't wait to get on peoples backs

Spoiled b*****ds

When we get a free kick 30 yards out and it ends up going back to our centre half when we have a 6'5" striker in the box, you can see why fans get pissed off.

When Holt plays a centre half who couldn't cross his fingers as a winger, you can see why fans get pissed off.

When the ball is bouncing around midfield with the opposition smoking cigars and our players running away from the ball, you can see why fans get pissed off.

When the team attack, challenge, put shots in, look like they give a f**k - I roar my lungs out like I was 30 years younger.

I couldn't give a flying f**k what gary holt thinks all I know is that was another disjointed & at times hopeless performance. The team that ripped dundee apart has gone & we are left with trying to accommodate holts loan mistakes. Beck looks like he has never played football before in his life & chalmers is played out of position & done nothing positive. If holt is going to continue to play him he should play Kingsley ahead of him as he is far better on the ball.

Is GH saying that the two loanee's are an improvement on what he already had at the club & the cash couldn't have be used to bring in another experienced player?

As for getting behind the team, it's only a reflection of his teams style of play.

Edited by kiddy

I half agree with Holt...but its the TFS not Brockville and to an extent at the lifeless new football stadia, it takes whats on the pitch to get fans going.....

I was kinda proud last week watching 18yr olds and 19yr olds perform to a high ability together with some fantastic pass and move moments between Sibbald, McGrandles, Kingsley,....then came the 2nd half...perhaps the downside of having so many youngsters and also a small squad.

In reality we have a decent 10,11 or 12 form depending with some and we have nothing to really change it from the bench, Im sure its only Ayr in B&Q cup where we have made a sub that has changed the game to our favour.

Are we punching above our weight with that or are we just about right, its hard to say as others are in a similar boat but perhaps not so many young uns.

I like Holts honesty, he doesnt bullshit us like Elvis had done for x years but his opinion at times like other managers I liked, I will never agree with, thats how it is but I think he is doing a decentish job in a position considering his playing cards.....just would like him to grow a backbone and drop Duffie.....

We are closer to the top at this stage than we have been since we came down.

Keep the faith, wasn't long ago we were scoring 3-4 a game and went 11 games undefeated.

I dont think anyone had us challenging or being too close to top spot, like many I reckon we thought play offs is the object but Ive never thot that it was a giver.

You look at our squad in August......you look and think we have the best keeper, the rest are kids and Loy.

Millar coming in has shown we really needed someone else in there but we still have our youthful moments and that will continue, when we are on top of our game, we are good....a few teams have seen that and have praised that......when we are bad, we are really bad.....

I think last weeks Dumbarton Jekyll and Hyde performance typified that.....Dumbarton fans even commented on how we looked good 1st half and a shambles 2nd....

I still worry for us with goals at the moment, Its annoying tho that in Roberts we have someone who can do it....but is a mindfuk

Chalmers is in the Scotland Under 21 squad and Kingsley isn't. This is the clearest example you will ever see of bias based on the club they play for in selection. Kingsley is a far superior player with far more experience. Absolutely ridiculous.

Absolutely spot on.

Chalmers is in the Scotland Under 21 squad and Kingsley isn't. This is the clearest example you will ever see of bias based on the club they play for in selection. Kingsley is a far superior player with far more experience. Absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed.

GH in his post match interview doesn't think the fans are giving the team the support they deserve

Just listened to him on FFCTV, he says it a two way thing, fuckin sure it is Gary. I wasn't at the game as I was at the Huddersfield/ Wednesday game and it was no different down there. They never boo or get on their backs (seemingly) but they did on Saturday when they couldn't string two passes together. That's football FFS.

I don't like it when the fans round on an individual player, but if the teams not performing or like the Dumbarton game were just shit then their fair game IMO.

Totally agree. It is a disgrace. Blatant bias what ever way you look at it.

Totally agree. It is a disgrace. Blatant bias what ever way you look at it.

That's not a new thing for the Scotland international set up when they select players like Ian black and Wallace in the (then) third division. I've only seen Chalmers the once for us and he certainly was nowhere near as good as Kingsley in the same position.

Whilst I appreciate that Chalmers must be given time to settle in, having seen him play for the U20's, as well as his first team appearances, I am amazed to hear he is included in the Scotland U21 squad.

Kingsley is miles ahead of him in every way, on the evidence so far.

An utter disgrace Chalmers is in the squad ahead of Kingsley. Chalmers may well come good, but christ, Kingsley is absolutely miles ahead of him in every aspect of the game. Stark must be going senile in his old age (just checked...he is only 57).

Good in a way for us though, decreases the chances of him picking up an injury.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876