The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Been in a drunken stag do stupor for 3 days and I’ve missed most of the goings on, tried to go back a few pages but it’s not made things any clearer. I’m getting the fear with this guy, however John park is a decent guy and I wouldn’t think he’d ruin the reputation he has getting into bed with a potential con man. I keep seeing there’s a fans meeting, I think I’d like to go to that.

Give me a lift then.

52 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

I don't know what your clubs assests are and if I'm truthful I don't even know what your stadium is called let alone  wether you own it. All that is completely missing the point though, we didn't know what his exact plans for Sunderland where but what we did find out is that the plans he was attempting to sell the fans were downright lies and his history ranged from sketchy to downright disgraceful. That was enough to convince us that he was not a man we wanted in charge of our club and when you see the information I am 100% convinced you'll feel exactly the same.

Honestly if you want to focus your anger and swear at me that's absolutely fine. Vent if you need to. 

I've said it numerous times but it's worth repeating, if your board are remotely competent  this all a moot point and will be nothing more than a close call. 

Could you point me in the direction of your club's fans forum? Cheers.

A question for someone to ask tomorrow. Just on this Far East backing. Is it part of the deal or is this being funded by Mr Campbell on his own?

My recollection was that the Far East input was to purchase Sunderland which is value estimated at 160M. We are nearer 2.5M and I think it’s a lot less to buy out the MSG.

Possibly does not need additional support for this one? ....

Sadly, the past 48 hours of this thread and the 24 yet to come may be remembered by Edi as his fishing trip masterpiece.

That Craig White photoshop effort on twitter BTW. Deary me.
I'll just add, someone on COYB has found the original picture, containing Craig White and to his left Ally McCoist.

Honestly can’t believe everyone on here is falling hook line and sinker for edi’s multiple WUM’s its fucking mental. All this hysteria and knicker wetting over him and enigma who likes his every post is staggering.
We have no assets he has to commit his money before our BOD’s snouts will dip in the tough. We don’t even own all the land the stadia sits ffs calm the f**k down.
Let’s wait and see what actually pans out with the sale and the btb meeting

Got some genuine questions as I’m starting to find it all a bit confusing.
If Mr Campbell is the con artist that some are trying to make him out, what does he actually stand to gain from taking us over? 
Would John Park get involved if there was no money?
We are currently at our lowest point for 40 years, with a board we want rid of, little to no money in the bank and no academy to plug the holes. We don’t own the whole stadium so surely he can’t flog that so If Mr Campbell is a con artist what’s the worst that could happen?
I know nothing about the guy and there’s stories flying around everywhere but if he’s true to his word we are looking at significant investment in the team with the aim of getting back to the premier league for the first time in over a decade, finishing the stadium, bringing back the academy and improving facilities around the ground. I want to be excited about this...

Okay what mr Campbell and mr park have to gain is cash . If they can use park no how to buy in players and punt them on for profit they would plan to take a large chunk of that and develop the stadium etc from the clubs chunk .
Park has a good track record and is prepared to back himself . After all he could take a job with Celtic on 100 k plus and have an easy life. He wants a piece of the action instead and fancies he could pull it off so do their backers who will invest enough to get us into the premiership ie 1 or at most 2 million .
Nothing will be done Re the stadium etc as that will all have to be funded from player profit. Not all bad news as we would get into the spl on the back of some good times and better played .
The RISK is they don’t pull it off then we are in soapy bubble and they have lost nothing but face and their time .Not a bad plan !

Honestly can’t believe everyone on here is falling hook line and sinker for edi’s multiple WUM’s its fucking mental. All this hysteria and knicker wetting over him and enigma who likes his every post is staggering.
We have no assets he has to commit his money before our BOD’s snouts will dip in the tough. We don’t even own all the land the stadia sits ffs calm the f**k down.
Let’s wait and see what actually pans out with the sale and the btb meeting

We own a fair bit of the land it’s the main stand we don’t own

You could maybe explain how hes going to con us out of the no money or assets we currently have? That and the zero plans we have in progress to make any.  Or is he actually conning himself in this move?

What if he simply needs a vehicle to showcase and trade players through. Our only asset is we are registered club . I’m okay with that motivation as it has a great up side for us. But if the plan fails administration beckons and he won’t give a shit he simply needs a vehicle. We are perfect low priced club currently underperforming but with potential . Bit of a modern day Fulston it seems . But then again
Compare the football the players and the excitement of that era with the last 5 years since Martin lost interest . I’m thinking given we have no assets and no real hope what have we got to lose - we go on a great exciting run to the premiership (his backers will provide the funding for that as player sales will be 5 fold what we could pick up in league 1 ) then if it fails we go into admin with no players of any value write off the debt and start again 1 league lower than we are now with the same shit type of team of journeymen . On balance I’m signing up for option 1 as John Park will be a revelation compared to Craig and Campbell I’m sick and tired of treading water ! COYB

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Okay what mr Campbell and mr park have to gain is cash . If they can use park no how to buy in players and punt them on for profit they would plan to take a large chunk of that and develop the stadium etc from the clubs chunk .
Park has a good track record and is prepared to back himself . After all he could take a job with Celtic on 100 k plus and have an easy life. He wants a piece of the action instead and fancies he could pull it off so do their backers who will invest enough to get us into the premiership ie 1 or at most 2 million .
Nothing will be done Re the stadium etc as that will all have to be funded from player profit. Not all bad news as we would get into the spl on the back of some good times and better played .
The RISK is they don’t pull it off then we are in soapy bubble and they have lost nothing but face and their time .Not a bad plan !

And what would we lose? Surely worst case we're in the same situation as we are now?

29 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

What if he simply needs a vehicle to showcase and trade players through. Our only asset is we are registered club . I’m okay with that motivation as it has a great up side for us. But if the plan fails administration beckons and he won’t give a shit he simply needs a vehicle. We are perfect low priced club currently underperforming but with potential . Bit of a modern day Fulston it seems . But then again
Compare the football the players and the excitement of that era with the last 5 years since Martin lost interest . I’m thinking given we have no assets and no real hope what have we got to lose - we go on a great exciting run to the premiership (his backers will provide the funding for that as player sales will be 5 fold what we could pick up in league 1 ) then if it fails we go into admin with no players of any value write off the debt and start again 1 league lower than we are now with the same shit type of team of journeymen . On balance I’m signing up for option 1 as John Park will be a revelation compared to Craig and Campbell I’m sick and tired of treading water ! COYB

But how will we go into admin? Club has no debt and can't borrow. We are a club that can sustain a premier league side quite easily as was shown the first 3 years we were up previously. Unless they are providing the cash as loans and expecting the club to pay it back.

5 hours ago, Stainrod said:

So we get to the Premier League and they make some money. I’m not seeing any negatives and I’m definitely not seeing what’s corrupt about that. 

If they don’t pull it off are we any worse off than just now? What have we got to lose?