The Falkirk FC Thread

no one ever said he was American he is a stockbroker that lives in America, he's English and its a consortium  with backing from the far east

Where have you read it is a Far East consortium?

6 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

We got the same from Fulston as what he did at Accies did we not, pretty sure they got the promise of new stadium etc as well , tbh would be happy with a decent team on the park and academy back the rest is like asking a bairn what he wants for christmas course we want a 4th stand, course we want the academy back, better links with the community and to be back in the Premiership playing on a grass pitch with undersoil heating what Falkirk supporter doesnt want that the same time i also want my club to survive for the next hundred odd years and more.

To be honest fulston did ok till his feckin ludicrous decision to make lambie the manager.  The money spent and wages paid put us under when we got relegated. If we'd stayed up with a decent manager we'd have been fine.

If what I've read is correct, then we don't have any overdraft facility and would require a change in our club's articles to achieve this, also 25% of shareholders is enough to block any change. Surely this gives some degree of protection if this guy is a conman (that's if I'm right in what I'm saying, someone more business minded might be able to confirm)

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s just take him at face value. Agreed.

Exactly. Very early days. Some zoomers seeing him as the messiah others are googling mark campbell dodgy deals as quickly as he'd been mentioned. Lets see how it pans out ffs.

Got some genuine questions as I’m starting to find it all a bit confusing.

If Mr Campbell is the con artist that some are trying to make him out, what does he actually stand to gain from taking us over? 

Would John Park get involved if there was no money?

We are currently at our lowest point for 40 years, with a board we want rid of, little to no money in the bank and no academy to plug the holes. We don’t own the whole stadium so surely he can’t flog that so If Mr Campbell is a con artist what’s the worst that could happen?

I know nothing about the guy and there’s stories flying around everywhere but if he’s true to his word we are looking at significant investment in the team with the aim of getting back to the premier league for the first time in over a decade, finishing the stadium, bringing back the academy and improving facilities around the ground. I want to be excited about this...

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Where have you read it is a Far East consortium?

The money was from the far east apparently:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/who-is-mark-campbell-the-american-stockbroker-who-is-leading-a-consortium-to-takeover-falkirk-and-links-to-ex-celtic-supremo-1-4928480

image.thumb.png.4a7db2bdb1f32eceb94d5fb59aa2d280.png

If the meeting tomorrow with K&K is around good will from the support, that’s one thing. If it’s about “give me your 800k and when my cash arrives soon, we are going to do wonderful things”, then I think we would be reversing engines pretty rapidly.

Look, there appears to be some really negative stuff out there concerning this guy. We cannot (and should not) write off those comments. We just need to be aware of them.

Just be aware that if there were a ton of positives about him in the ether, we’d have seen them by now.........but there isn’t.

Sure, let’s listen to him with an open mind, but even more importantly, with our eyes wide open. If he wants the support on board in both hearts and minds, he needs to earn it. He starts off with zero credibility until he proves otherwise.

55 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

I'm sorry to stick my beak in again and obviously you're in no obligation to take my word for it but I urge you not to take his lies at face value at this arranged meeting on Monday. He will tell you exactly what you want to hear knowing that he can't reasonably be asked to provide proof. Unfortunately most fans will fall for it. I just hope for your sake your board are savy enough to do a thorough due diligence. Best of luck. 

Still waiting for all this feckin evidence. 

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If the meeting tomorrow with K&K is around good will from the support, that’s one thing. If it’s about “give me your 800k and when my cash arrives soon, we are going to do wonderful things”, then I think we would be reversing engines pretty rapidly.

Look, there appears to be some really negative stuff out there concerning this guy. We cannot (and should not) write off those comments. We just need to be aware of them.

Just be aware that if there were a ton of positives about him in the ether, we’d have seen them by now.........but there isn’t.

Sure, let’s listen to him with an open mind, but even more importantly, with our eyes wide open. If he wants the support on board in both hearts and minds, he needs to earn it. He starts off with zero credibility until he proves otherwise.

The thing is there isnt anything in the negatives either its just hearsay, speculation and rumour and why was there no reaction like this when Sunderland were linking up with him even on their forums theres very little just the minute he buys into Falkirk every looney with a laptop is onto him and has him the next Craig Whyte.

only thing we can do is have an open mind, hear the guy out and make our own minds up.

I'm sorry to stick my beak in again and obviously you're in no obligation to take my word for it but I urge you not to take his lies at face value at this arranged meeting on Monday. He will tell you exactly what you want to hear knowing that he can't reasonably be asked to provide proof. Unfortunately most fans will fall for it. I just hope for your sake your board are savy enough to do a thorough due diligence. Best of luck. 

There is no indication of an acrimonious breakdown between Campbell and Sunderland. Indeed my biggest concern is that if he does take over at Sunderland in future, his interest in Falkirk may diminish, and we will become that feeder club with John Park moving to you lot.

It seems to me you’ve got a vested interest here as you are providing no evidence of significant wrongdoing whatsoever.

Provide evidence or shut up......

24 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Got some genuine questions as I’m starting to find it all a bit confusing.

If Mr Campbell is the con artist that some are trying to make him out, what does he actually stand to gain from taking us over? 

Would John Park get involved if there was no money?

We are currently at our lowest point for 40 years, with a board we want rid of, little to no money in the bank and no academy to plug the holes. We don’t own the whole stadium so surely he can’t flog that so If Mr Campbell is a con artist what’s the worst that could happen?

I know nothing about the guy and there’s stories flying around everywhere but if he’s true to his word we are looking at significant investment in the team with the aim of getting back to the premier league for the first time in over a decade, finishing the stadium, bringing back the academy and improving facilities around the ground. I want to be excited about this...

Correct. He's going to make completely feck all out of us unless he puts in serious investment . We have no tangible assets, no players worth anything, we dont own the stadium and have feck all money in the bank and no overdraft. Would all these folk telling us hes a conman please explain how hes going to con us out of the no cash we currently have?

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Correct. He's going to make completely feck all out of us unless he puts in serious investment . We have no tangible assets, no players worth anything, we dont own the stadium and have feck all money in the bank and no overdraft. Would all these folk telling us hes a conman please explain how hes going to con us out of the no cash we currently have?

Found the evidence of how he is going to con us:

“Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance."

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Found the evidence of how he is going to con us:

“Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance."

And where are we going to get this 3 million dollars fae?

This is very true. We really don't have much to pinch and if his main reason for purchasing us is to develope the land around the stadium then surely that's a win win as well as it's a soulless stadium at the moment.

Think we all just need to wait and see how we all feel about him after tomorrows meetings.

Apologies it was absolutely not my intention to patronise your fan base, it was a comment on the public in general. People love to be told how great things are going to be and tend to be putty in the hands of those who sell them these pipe dreams. This is what will happen on Monday and I pray for your sake your board have the best interests of the club at heart. If they do this is all a moot point because the sale won't even get close to going through. 

Regarding this "feckin evidence", as I said earlier I have emailed one of the guys who organised the background check requesting  a copy, or at least a summary, as yet I've had no reply but given it's a work email address and it's the weekend I'm not particularly shocked by this. I can totally understand why you're turning on me because I'm an outsider coming here and telling you your business. It's your club not mine and I'm not going to pretend to have any love for it but I am a football fan and I would hate to see a club in danger through no fault of the fans.