The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Like most fans, yes we are feeling sceptical and excited. Whilst I do like the sound of what was said,as I said yesterday, hopefully the start of the week will provide more info. 

My personal opinion is that this is a double edged sword, were are a good prospect to invest in because any potential buyer will be looking at the surrounding development opportunities retail and commercial. 

Hopefully this means building up the club to make the area more desirable. Could work could also fall on its arse. 

Again only an opinion

I agree the consortium can obviously see the opportunities of investment in that area surrounding the stadium. First thing I would be doing would be looking to buy the stadium outright and end the ridiculous fees we have to pay the council especially as we own half of it. 

Cheers, but it's the away top I'm looking for.

I actually own that top, and it's an original and not one of the re-released ones they did a few years ago.

24 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Cheers, but it's the away top I'm looking for.

I actually own that top, and it's an original and not one of the re-released ones they did a few years ago.

Could be this? No idea where you'd find one.

football_shirt_12092_1_500x411x1.jpg

P.S. Not cheap and this one's from 91/92 but the same design I think.

P0.jpg

https://www.depop.com/products/historicfootballshirts-falkirk-away-football-shirt-199194/

From 1992/3

mcallister-falkirk-picture-id649867502?s

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Like most fans, yes we are feeling sceptical and excited. Whilst I do like the sound of what was said,as I said yesterday, hopefully the start of the week will provide more info. 

My personal opinion is that this is a double edged sword, were are a good prospect to invest in because any potential buyer will be looking at the surrounding development opportunities retail and commercial. 

Hopefully this means building up the club to make the area more desirable. Could work could also fall on its arse. 

Again only an opinion

This is the concern I would have, given we’ve seen it in my neck of the woods. Billionaire wanders in and purchases two professional teams, and then moves to redevelop both teams homes, with associated business and retail investment. Stadia get replaced, but times got a bit tight, so the development plan foundered. Then Mr. Moneybags sells the teams on while retaining lucrative development options and property, consequently starving the teams new owners of development funds. Development finally occurring, 20 years late, after his estate sold the rights.

Aye but if you bothered to add how i finished with the "no owner ever is" .  Its a bit of hope and cautiously optimistic for the future i dare say a lot is gauging on how he comes across to Kenny and David on Monday.

Biggest concern for me is there isnt a lot on this guy online but the article says the money is from Singapore so see what happens.

I can confirm it’s not me 🤣

No-one knows if all of this is the right thing, or the wrong thing. The MSG knew full well that the BtB bid was without doubt, both the right and safe path to follow. They chose not to tread that path citing the Campbell bid as being far more financially attractive and broad reaching in its scope.

Now, they have either done this for altruistic reasons, or personally beneficial ones. That comes with an element of risk for both the club and themselves if it goes wrong. They must know that, and I would imagine any exit strategy must also involve their physical absence in the future. If it all goes well, they should expect no plaudits for their choice. If it all goes badly, then they will be (as Billy Connolly put it) as welcome at TFS as a fart in a spacesuit.

Whatever legacy they hoped for, it won’t be happening for them. It’s just amazing that people who believe themselves to be so sharp, so smart, could get just about every key decision and communication so badly wrong. Just not as smart as they believed themselves to be.

No-one knows if all of this is the right thing, or the wrong thing. The MSG knew full well that the BtB bid was without doubt, both the right and safe path to follow. They chose not to tread that path citing the Campbell bid as being far more financially attractive and broad reaching in its scope.
Now, they have either done this for altruistic reasons, or personally beneficial ones. That comes with an element of risk for both the club and themselves if it goes wrong. They must know that, and I would imagine any exit strategy must also involve their physical absence in the future. If it all goes well, they should expect no plaudits for their choice. If it all goes badly, then they will be (as Billy Connolly put it) as welcome at TFS as a fart in a spacesuit.
Whatever legacy they hoped for, it won’t be happening for them. It’s just amazing that people who believe themselves to be so sharp, so smart, could get just about every key decision and communication so badly wrong. Just not as smart as they believed themselves to be.

What I have seen in the last 24hrs bemuses me a touch.

Firstly this guy could well be the real deal and I hope he is. However 90% of the fans in the recent survey said they had no confidence in the Board yet many are trusting them to have made the correct decision on this guy.

For me it is feet on the ground till we have more meat on the bones.

What I have seen in the last 24hrs bemuses me a touch.

Firstly this guy could well be the real deal and I hope he is. However 90% of the fans in the recent survey said they had no confidence in the Board yet many are trusting them to have made the correct decision on this guy.

For me it is feet on the ground till we have more meat on the bones.

Don’t disagree.

Lots of big statements made in the last 24hrs or so. I think what we have here is a guy, whilst English, is now used to the blood and thunder of the US where you wear your heart (& mouth) on your sleeve and let everyone know who you are.

We may need to get used to this but as you say, let’s get the deal done first.

Wasnt it he was heading up a consortium the money backing him was from the far east, i really cant be doing with a shyster in the CW nature it would be nice just to have a decent owner, just for once lady luck cut us some slack in being a Bairn.

He claimed he was investing 20M of his own cash into Sunderland with again no proof as deal fell through,he has zero wealth on show just have a look online it’s easy,a guy with a spare 20M how much is he really worth then?but it’s untracebale?the company on his Twitter have £200 in theyr bank,this is laughable,an absolute fraudster in my eyes