The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, strichener said:

Remember a club that used to exist called Rangers?  See any similarities here, fans not questioning motives, some guy trying to buy multiple different clubs, no indication of where their wealth comes from or even exists.  If the DR produce an article the morn about "Wealth off the radar" you will know exactly where Falkirk are heading.  Just as it was your right and duty to question the existing board and shareholders, so you should be for anyone coming into the club.

Although I agree with your principal point it doesn't take much money to make a club like Falkirk successful.

To buy Rangers and make that work takes £50M roughly to get ahead of Celtic.

To make Falkirk work takes less than £2M to get us back to the Premier League and then it's upto you how far you want to take us.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Good plan IF true. Time will tell. With him being able to draw John Park in when he could have work elsewhere it does at least show some initial credibility

I thought I was the only 1 who seen JP as the main news coming out of us today.

An excellent coup for a club our size and probably the best thing I read today

I might be jumping the gun a bit here but I'm hoping that the new owners can eventually renegotiate with the council over the stadium situation as it stands right now.
Dont think we pushed enough for the best deal.

We also badly need that retracting roof in place once our 4th stand/terracing is built.
Also a couple of big fck off tellys.
Pods for the corners wouldn't go amiss either.

@europaleaguenextstop

Speaking to one of our old treasures he believes it is the latter. Each shareholder can agree an individual price.

ETA - actually that’s shite. They have to agree the same price but doesn’t have to the offered to everyone.

There will have to be an EGM anyway as the club constitution does not allow one shareholder to own over 20% of the club currently - so the price will come out anyway.

Interestingly that cap was put in by the MSG and some have always said they would not sell to one individual. And here we are.......

Cautiously optimistic about this, he's certainly saying all the right things on twitter. New academy, first team investment, 4th stand and other stadium facilities.
All of which we'd all love if done properly. Cant help but feel that all of that sounds a bit too good to be true at the moment but hopefully im wrong in that regard.

Football achievements aside (although that’s what the vast majority of us care about, if not all) there is money to be made owning Falkirk FC & the stadium if you have the interest & will to make it happen.

The club/stadium footprint is massive, iconic in the local area and is visited not only by thousands of football fans but tens of thousands of people every week either for business or leisure, especially with the helix/kelpies just next door.

The new college nearby which is just about to open will bring further people to the area each week.

I’m not surprised he’s saying that he wants to complete the stadium as from what I was told previously, any future East side development MUST include an East stand/safe standing.

Due to everything I said plus the future Falkirk Gateway in the pipeline, I’m not surprised he may see an East stand structure important to his plans for a hotel, conference facilities & new academy facilities too.

And if he can do that whilst putting a successful team on the pitch, he/they are onto a winner.

Good luck to him & hopefully as others have said, he can make his plans become a reality. For all of our sakes.

This does sound exciting although it’s very early days in the potential takeover.

I’m sure like most of you it’s the John Park piece that’s I’m most intrigued about. He’s a proper football man.

Still the most important thing for me is Peterhead next week. A winning start is essential and hopefully an impressive performance to go with it.

Cautious optimism sounds sensible.

Careful though - sounds like a Boris Johnson type wish list is being offered - top six, four stands, vibrant academy.

I feel a little sorry for the guys who put such work into the BtB project.  Are they just being ditched now?

Careful though - sounds like a Boris Johnson type wish list is being offered - top six, four stands, vibrant academy.
I feel a little sorry for the guys who put such work into the BtB project.  Are they just being ditched now?

They have a meeting set up for Monday with the prospective owner.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We won’t know anything about BtB until the prospective takeover is complete which, if all goes well, will be end of August.

Hopefully any potential new owner will see the benefit of involving them in some capacity.

Hopefully the BTB guys can get some real detail out of him in relation to multi club ownership, profits from player sales etc. Would also like to know how all this infrastructure is being paid for and whether we'd end up with a load of unserviceable debts should they give up on our project.

What's not to like in the ambitions for the club though!?
— grass pitch for better football and to better attract players
- completing the stadium and developing the wasteland around it. Are we all agreed the fourth stand should be all standing to boost atmosphere and to be a real USP to attract bigger crowds?
- reopening the academy. We were all proud of the academy and there is no doubt it generated a lot of respect and goodwill in the community and beyond.
- reintroducing a footballing person into upper management, particularly one as highly respected at Park is. We've seen first hand what can go wrong there without that person there since Smith left. Hopefully he also brings with him a plan to properly support with sport psychologists etc a small number of Brentford model type players, rather than just bring in a load of them and hope for the best as seems to have happened before.

Each of these subjects could probably do with it's own thread to discuss. I'm looking forward to the journey. If done properly, we could see our club transformed over the next decade.

Short term, the current board need to commit to getting a few more bodies in the door. We'll have played 19 league games by the time the January window opens. We can't be waiting that long for reinforcements.

Reading the mail online version with the comments coming from Mark Campbell saying the right things certainly main one was the ending saying he isnt out to bankrupt the club but then no owner ever is:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7291203/Sunderland-takeover-hits-rocks-businessman-Mark-Campbell-snubs-League-One-outfit.html

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Mark Campbell saying the right things certainly main one was the ending saying he isnt out to bankrupt the club 

I was quite worried but if he's said that about himself then all my fears are allayed. COYB