The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Instead of hinting at less than scrupulous intentions being behind the Campbell bid, why don't you state your concerns? I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely curious to know what the possible issues are. 

exactly this. I'm not as informed as most so reading the statement about Campbell (although i will believe it when i see it), it still gives me a wee bit of joy thats been missing for so long. Got mates texting me asking if I've heard about the takeover and theres a genuine optimism coming through.

so if folk are going to piss on the chips with genuine reason then I've no issue, but would like to know why...

5 minutes ago, southstand_bairn said:

read a few people saying stuff like this but then not replying when asked for more info. As the majority of fans wont really have a clue who these people are personally or previous business dealings then what is there to be scared of? genuine question as I get that the fans bid should play a part but what is that bad about the bid being accepted?

Lets wait and see what happens. Who knows there may be a chance of fan involvement in the future.  If you have issues with this bid instead of keeping them under wraps spill the beans.

1 minute ago, fuzzydunlop said:

exactly this. I'm not as informed as most so reading the statement about Campbell (although i will believe it when i see it), it still gives me a wee bit of joy thats been missing for so long. Got mates texting me asking if I've heard about the takeover and theres a genuine optimism coming through.

so if folk are going to piss on the chips with genuine reason then I've no issue, but would like to know why...

So would I and I find it slightly disconcerting that Dylan only joined this forum yesterday so either it's someone bitter about the fans bid losing out, which is understandable, or it's someone who knows more about Campbell and got word that it was him who was in pole position and joined about it. Either way it's pretty piss poor to come on and hint without saying more. Say it all or say nothing, why wouldn't we be excited - whilst at the same time disappointed for David and Kenny- about what, certainly on paper, looks like a fairly decent answer to our issues. 

It's an absolute disgrace that the BTB bid has been palmed off for personal reasons rather than professional. What worries me more is we seem to be accepting it and celebrating. I hope this bid crumbles at the last minute for the sake of our club. 

f**k you slavering?

absolutely reeks of Edi as FL quite rightly pointed out.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

So would I and I find it slightly disconcerting that Dylan only joined this forum yesterday so either it's someone bitter about the fans bid losing out, which is understandable, or it's someone who knows more about Campbell and got word that it was him who was in pole position and joined about it. Either way it's pretty piss poor to come on and hint without saying more. Say it all or say nothing, why wouldn't we be excited - whilst at the same time disappointed for David and Kenny- about what, certainly on paper, looks like a fairly decent answer to our issues. 

Have David and Kenny spoken to this guy at all? I would like to think that he would be open to a conversation with them and he surely couldnt fail to be impressed by them. They may not not have won this current battle but I would like to think thay may still have a role to play.

2 minutes ago, sick boy said:

f**k you slavering?

absolutely reeks of Edi as FL quite rightly pointed out.

Absolutely fucking livid with myself if I've been duped by that fucking spanner tbqhwy. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Have David and Kenny spoken to this guy at all? I would like to think that he would be open to a conversation with them and he surely couldnt fail to be impressed by them. They may not not have won this current battle but I would like to think thay may still have a role to play.

I don't know in answer to your first question, and I totally agree with the rest of your post.

20 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I don't know in answer to your first question, and I totally agree with the rest of your post.

100%. I'm checking his Twitter and although I am under no illusion it could be a load of wind and pish, he seems to be already be interacting with the fans more than any of thoe other c*nts ever did.  Whether not it backfires and he'll have aload of Falkirk keyboard warriors on his back calling him a liar in a few weeks is another thing.  But in the (very) limited time so far the signs are he is open to discussions and its positive.

100%. I'm checking his Twitter and although I am under no illusion it could be a load of wind and pish, he seems to be already be interacting with the fans more than any of thoe other c*nts ever did.  Whether not it backfires and he'll have aload of Falkirk keyboard warriors on his back calling him a liar in a few weeks is another thing.  But in the (very) limited time so far the signs are he is open to discussions and its positive.
CC was on twitter once upon a time

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
4 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

CC was on twitter once upon a time

fair enough.  Did he respond/interact?  This guy has answered a fair few questions so far, someone asked about his failing the Due Diligence at Swansea and Sunderland? Which hes denied involvement with Swansea and said he didnt fail it at Sunderland.   Again, trying to be positive here but appreciate its early days.

1 minute ago, fuzzydunlop said:

fair enough.  Did he respond/interact?  This guy has answered a fair few questions so far, someone asked about his failing the Due Diligence at Swansea and Sunderland? Which hes denied involvement with Swansea and said he didnt fail it at Sunderland.   Again, trying to be positive here but appreciate its early days.

Deleted it in a blind panic after his disaster over badge gate. 

2 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

English league clubs arent as attractive as they used to be due to the harsh FFP rules. This basically means you could have millions to invest but can't . Sunderland are in the last year of their EPL parachute payments which will mean they will start next season with a huge hole in their budget. You can only invest a limited amount to fill that the rest needs to come from sponsorship crowds etc.

On 24/07/2019 at 13:34, Monkey Tennis said:

Did the criticism of the player not involve a "Get back to where you came from" element or something similar?

Probably not intended to be racist, but somewhat unwise I'd have thought.

Same was used towards Sammut and the Port Vale lad.

Stick to watching Miranda

On 24/07/2019 at 13:50, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Maybe.

I've got the uber-fear for this season. Our full backs can't cross, Durnan will spend 6 matches under suspension, Tidser has not really impressed so far, and while our 1st XI should win the league, our squad size is, to repeat myself, a fucking humiliation.
Three injuries and we are goosed. It's like a pub team hoping everyone turns up on a Saturday morning and isn't too badly hungover.

I've never seen the hooha with Tidser, I'm sure he will be a big cog in our wheel but I don't think he will make me eat my words

16 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He looked decent as a sub for us but completely shit when he got a start. We slso didnt play the kind of big physical game he probably suits mind you.

One start was it not ?

I still think he would've got at least a goal if he had more game time, whereas Jarvis could still be playing now and not got a goal

4 hours ago, Russ said:

Our recruitment and results since sacking Houston have been absolutely fucking abysmal. However that doesn’t change the fact that sacking him was the absolute correct decision at the time. We would’ve went down that season if we didn’t. Mind in one of his last games for us we were away to that absolutely minging Brechin team and we were lucky to get a point.

He had a good run with us but ultimately bottled it in the big moments. His recruitment was relatively poor as well.

I don't think we would've went down with Houston, we would've went to a more uglier sense to get points on board like he did with Utd when he struggled.

The decision to sack him was correct tho, he had lost the dressing room and the recruitment was shocking added with his failure to get the best out of our academy, the real reason the academy went tits up for me, not having a manager who would use it

All things considered this could be good for the club if it goes through and their intentions are as stated.

Let's be honest if we end up with a good academy, back in the premier League and challenging for Europa League qualifiers, this guy creaming some money off player sales or any European or cup cash will be a price worth paying if we are healthy and established in the premier League.

I'd still like to see btb involved and it would give him a lot of credit with the fans if he sold off some of his shares to us right after buying them to put £800k plus towards all the grand plans they have outlined. It's unlikely but it would be nice.

14 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

All things considered this could be good for the club if it goes through and their intentions are as stated.

Let's be honest if we end up with a good academy, back in the premier League and challenging for Europa League qualifiers, this guy creaming some money off player sales or any European or cup cash will be a price worth paying if we are healthy and established in the premier League.

I'd still like to see btb involved and it would give him a lot of credit with the fans if he sold off some of his shares to us right after buying them to put £800k plus towards all the grand plans they have outlined. It's unlikely but it would be nice.

Cart before the horse.  Let's get out of league 1 first.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
spelling mistake