The Falkirk FC Thread

If we lose do we have to pay costs?

No, Falkirk have win this case, this is between Bradford and FIFA now. Bradford think the amount is too much. The weird thing is Bradford have to pay for all of this and in the previous cases where this has happened the amount has either stayed the same or went up, just for the other clubs cheek to question FIFA

No, Falkirk have win this case, this is between Bradford and FIFA now. Bradford think the amount is too much. The weird thing is Bradford have to pay for all of this and in the previous cases where this has happened the amount has either stayed the same or went up, just for the other clubs cheek to question FIFA

:thumsup2

£215k for Stewart is ridiculous for Stewart to be fair.Serves them right for trying to shaft us with a loophole though.

It is tbh, if they'd just paid when we asked I imagine it wouldn't have been half that. Anyone been reading the Bradford forums on the matter btw? They really don't like us. :lol:

Given Bradford have been in a cup final and a playoff final since all this began, you'd think they would've contacted Falkirk and said something along the lines of 'here's 140k to makes this go away'

They must've made a few bob out they 2 games.

Even if we win and they are ordered to pay 215k, I sincerely hope they get told they have a very short period in which to pay.

I think it's widely accepted that we're in the right here. Bradford know they cocked up and have been dragging their heels over this for years now

Although I understand they have a lot of debt, surely there are a cash rich club right now? They earned around £1m from their League Cup run last season and got another £1.6m for Wells from Huddersfield in January.

I think it's just a case of how much we'll be awarded, with £215K being the minimum amount. it makes it all the more satisfying that he failed down there and is now at Derry City.

I think it's just a case of how much we'll be awarded, with £215K being the minimum amount. it makes it all the more satisfying that he failed down there and is now at Derry City.

I'm presuming you meant maximum amount? Given FIFA awarded that originally and Bradford appealed it, not Falkirk, I can't see how there's any latitude for anyone to increase the amount.

It is tbh, if they'd just paid when we asked I imagine it wouldn't have been half that. Anyone been reading the Bradford forums on the matter btw? They really don't like us. :lol:

Repeat what I said back pre the 215k amount from FIFA........we wouldve took 50k back at the very start

As I remember it the case hangs on whether the deal was made before or after his birthday. Falkirk are claiming before. Can't remember what age,

The case is won,FIFA verdict we were due £215k... its the xs an ys to be crossed on the amount due that's the issue Bradford have.

Does anyone have a link to a clip of the goal Ryan Flynn scored against Motherwell at theirs in the Eddie May season? The one and only time where our 'walking it into the net' mentality actually worked properly?

Was that the 1 wi a back heel from Pedro?