The Falkirk FC Thread

"John Park, one of Scotland’s most respected football talent spotters, will become the Club’s Football Director. He will have funds to boost the current playing squad, if the negotiations can be concluded before the summer signing deadline." 

What happened to the shortfall being made up by the current Board until the new one is in place?? Also notice there is no mention of who will feature on Mark Campbell`s BOD.  Hopefully these questions will be clarified with further statements.

This is not good news by the way. Knowing some of the people involved makes for a terrifying future. Honestly believe in this case it's 'better the devil you know'. The BTB was never going to get the respect it deserved due to the some of the MSG being petty, petty MEN. 

Somethings been picked which I’m pleased about but can’t help feeling a bit down about the BtB offer not being accepted or at least incorporated into some sort of deal.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Who from the MSG is staying/going? What percentage of the club will be owned by Campbell? Is there any space for potential fans representation of some sort?

Hopefully but still wary is where I’m at.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hughes nearly bankrupted the club hiring his crock mates in his last season. Pressley's second season's hirings looked like they could take us back up, unfortunately the best were sold in the winter break after the Celtic League Cup Semi and it fizzled out.

Even miller and higgenbottom were utter mince the first season they  were at the club. 

6 minutes ago, DylanBairn said:

This is not good news by the way. Knowing some of the people involved makes for a terrifying future. Honestly believe in this case it's 'better the devil you know'. The BTB was never going to get the respect it deserved due to the some of the MSG being petty, petty MEN. 

Mcbride?

1 minute ago, Kircer bairn said:

Ever the optimist let's start a wish list of three or four players to target

• Stevie May as striker
  • Craig Sibbald as midfielder
  • Luke Leahy as defender

No point in pissing money away trying to crack a nut with a sledgehammer. Better getting a few more champ level boys in this year and then investing when we're up.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No point in pissing money away trying to crack a nut with a sledgehammer. Better getting a few more champ level boys in this year and then investing when we're up.

Deffo this, follow the Gretna model, not the Sevco one

14 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

What happened to the shortfall being made up by the current Board until the new one is in place??

Given the size of our squad and some of the things going on behind the scenes, I think you can add that to the list of "inaccurate" statements that our board have released.

Well done BTW. You called it right and correctly predicted who would win the race.

I just hope some of your other concerns - which I share - prove to be wrong.

Guest Ecosse83

No idea of this is any good or not but at least change is on the horizon. 

I'm coming to the conclusion some folk will moan no matter what happens at the club 😁

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The statement reads like the list of things you'd come up with alongside your mates in the boozer when you're brainstorming how you'd spend the Euromillions winning. Far too good to be true so I will reserve judgement.

Not often you and I are in agreement but we're on the same page with this one.

It sounds great, but at the end of the day it's a statement designed to get people on board. It says what we'd have wanted it to say. 

I'm not against it as such - in fact if it works out I'll be delighted - but I think it's wise to be cautious until we see

1) who's involved, and

2) what they actually do, rather than just what they're promising to do.

Still, if it dilutes / removes the power of some people on the MSG that's a very good start.