The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not being aware of the full story its difficult to know why we have such a small squad. 

Was the budget agreed between Mckinnon and the board?  As far as we are lead to believe Mckinnon asked for a bigger budget  and was given it . Is this true?  If not then why not and if so then surely Mckinnon has to take some of the blame for not managing his budget correctly. 

I agree that Ray has to take some of the blame for the way he has chosen to structure his squad.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not being aware of the full story its difficult to know why we have such a small squad. 

Was the budget agreed between Mckinnon and the board?  As far as we are lead to believe Mckinnon asked for a bigger budget  and was given it . Is this true?  If not then why not and if so then surely Mckinnon has to take some of the blame for not managing his budget correctly. 

Didnt they say last season they had handed Hartley the largest budget ever and then when asked about it on interviews it was a bit further from the truth ?

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't agree. 

CC & ML were the two doing the day-to-day stuff at the club, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were the ones who made the proposal. It could just as easily have been Andy Thomson - who would be the first to realise we were running out of cash - or Lex Miller - who was the director responsible for the Academy, after all. Given what we now know about BOD friction I suspect that if those two had proposed it all the others would automatically have objected. 

You may well be right, but I'm guessing your conclusion is based on assumption rather than knowledge. Not a dig; just me being my usual boring and pedantic self who wants evidence before damning someone.  

If you want to assign a legacy to CC I'd suggest doing it with things we know he was responsible for - the copyright threats or the Dennon Lewis statement. 

I'm certainly not guessing here. They were asked to come up with ways of saving the club money and this was what they came up with . Thats no secret and has been raised in public at AGM's and EGM's.  Feck sake Andy Thomson going by the egm knew feck all about the whole thing as he was utterly clueless when asked why they hadnt accepted the offers from CR's group to invest cash to keep it going.  He explained that he knew nothing of the numbers. I mean he was only the money man after all. It was their idea but of course it had to be backed by the bod supposedly before it could be implemented. However, knowing how split the bod had become you just wonder.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Didnt they say last season they had handed Hartley the largest budget ever and then when asked about it on interviews it was a bit further from the truth ?

I agree its not really clear what the issue is. To be honest I wished I'd asked about the current budget situation at the egm  but my mind was taken up with asking questions about the previous feckups.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I agree its not really clear what the issue is. To be honest I wished I'd asked about the current budget situation at the egm  but my mind was taken up with asking questions about the previous feckups.

Given some of the comments that have been revealed and other comments leaked we all know how folk work but can see a few things first thing being another comment came from ML a while back explaining the idea of closing the academy was put to her i think she has been thrown under the bus by the rest of them the rest of the MSG are pulling CC strings and he is coming out with the ideas to put to ML and sell it to her.

Not too mention with last season tell one things of largest budget ever then reality being a million miles from the truth.

8 minutes ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

Heard that there is apparently an MSG meeting tomorrow to make a decision on the bids left on the table - anyone who is better clued up than me able to confirm / deny? 

the 3 bidders (inc BtB) are giving their presentations to the BOD and MSG tomorrow,

They say they are going to make a decision on Friday but given their record in sticking to deadlines i highly doubt this, unless that is their decision is that there are no suitable bidders and have decided not to sell/dilute.

27 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Given some of the comments that have been revealed and other comments leaked we all know how folk work but can see a few things first thing being another comment came from ML a while back explaining the idea of closing the academy was put to her i think she has been thrown under the bus by the rest of them the rest of the MSG are pulling CC strings and he is coming out with the ideas to put to ML and sell it to her.

Not too mention with last season tell one things of largest budget ever then reality being a million miles from the truth.

ML is a clear case of someone getting flung into a situation they have completely no experience of. ie Running a fitba team.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

ML is a clear case of someone getting flung into a situation they have completely no experience of. ie Running a fitba team.

The rest have just been winging it and got lucky till 2 seasons ago happy to take the plaudits when it's going good and unwilling to take the blame when it goes pear shaped.

17 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

the 3 bidders (inc BtB) are giving their presentations to the BOD and MSG tomorrow,

They say they are going to make a decision on Friday but given their record in sticking to deadlines i highly doubt this, unless that is their decision is that there are no suitable bidders and have decided not to sell/dilute.

My understanding was that two bidders would give a presentation tomorrow and the other on Friday, which if true, may push their deadline on a bit into next week (if we`re lucky). Although I got the impression from the EGM that any announcement on preferred bidder may be at least 2 weeks away.

1 minute ago, 60`s bairn said:

My understanding was that two bidders would give a presentation tomorrow and the other on Friday, which if true, may push their deadline on a bit into next week (if we`re lucky). Although I got the impression from the EGM that any announcement on preferred bidder may be at least 2 weeks away.

could well be.......... i just hope they side with BtB proposal, one of the other bids give me the fear.

56 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

This is painful - not usually for it as feel it can’t help the boys on the pitch but surely it’s time to turn all of the protests at the ground on LM / MR / SA / CL et al and ‘encourage’ them to sell up and gtf

2 minutes ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

This is painful - not usually for it as feel it can’t help the boys on the pitch but surely it’s time to turn all of the protests at the ground on LM / MR / SA / CL et al and ‘encourage’ them to sell up and gtf

Hopefully by the first game of the season we will know if this is going to be necessary or not.