The Falkirk FC Thread

It's fine

If we are on about the same person, when things go wrong we can just put the club into liquidation, shut it down, get rid of all the loyal staff who have been there for years, wait a short while before starting up again under another name thus getting rid of all debts.

The type of thing you would do with say a plumbing company.

A long while back, someone made a telling point about Craig Campbell. They said that he might be doing a hundred wonderful things behind the scenes but that he'd made so many feck-ups that he had to go.
There was more than a grain of truth in that.
I heard that CC was pretty effective at much of the unseen stuff, though maybe not always his PR or  people skills. In particular, he and ML always did whatever they could to support the management team. 
If you were to ask any of the management, coaches, or backroom staff what they think of the person who's now running the show, and how supportive they feel he is, well, hmmm.... 
The good thing about people who have no professional football knowledge is that they generally recognise their shortcomings. They let the pros guide them as to what needs to be done. If you have someone with amateur knowledge and a different mindset, then there may be potential for friction.
Ach well, I'm sure a small squad will be fine. It probably worked at Sauchie Juniors. 

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A long while back, someone made a telling point about Craig Campbell. They said that he might be doing a hundred wonderful things behind the scenes but that he'd made so many feck-ups that he had to go.

I heard that CC was pretty effective at much of the unseen stuff, though maybe not always his PR or  people skills. In particular, he and ML always did whatever they could to support the management team. 

If you were to ask any of the management, coaches, or backroom staff what they think of the person who's now running the show, and how supportive they feel he is, well, hmmm.... 

The good thing about people who have no professional football knowledge is that they generally recognise their shortcomings. They let the pros guide them as to what needs to be done. If you have someone with amateur knowledge and a different mindset, then there may be potential for friction.

Ach well, I'm sure a small squad will be fine. It probably worked at Sauchie Juniors. 

i speak regularly a non football member of staff and they pretty much said exactly this.

If i remember correctly when CC was still in place he had a budget in place for this season, something tells me that budget may have been cut, along with plenty other things getting cut at the club ATM.

If the board is dictating this squad size, that's an absolute disgrace and they need hounded even more.

The look and the silence Ray has given in the last 2 interviews shows he's been told he's not getting any more players, at least not just now.

We've a first team which is good enough for the task at hand, getting out of this division. Now is not the time to be tight with the purse strings when we're only a few bodies away from being able to meet our target.

I look forward to the ownership issue being resolved this week.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What are you struggling with here?

Is it that you don't understand the point I'm making, or is it just that you have a need to lash out when you see my username next to a post?

I don't know how the bloody comments could ever be construed as racist if heard correctly.  Only one individual in a stand of hundreds managed to construe it as anything racist and for the guy to actually get charged in those circumstances and taken to court was a total and utter waste of taxpayers money.  Next time anyone screams at  a player for being pish I'd check first that Cieran Dunnes faither isnt sitting anywhere near you.

6 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

i speak regularly a non football member of staff and they pretty much said exactly this.

If i remember correctly when CC was still in place he had a budget in place for this season, something tells me that budget may have been cut, along with plenty other things getting cut at the club ATM.

CC will forever be remember for the calamitous decision to close the academy and the way that was handled.  That will be his legacy at the club.

10 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

budget may have been cut, along with plenty other things getting cut at the club ATM.

You may wish to publicise some of it then. The staff can't say anything and I'm not only pushing a boundary but might be overstepping it.

What else do you know has been cut?

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

You may wish to publicise some of it then. The staff can't say anything and I'm not only pushing a boundary but might be overstepping it.

Sounds like it's time for a mutiny.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

CC will forever be remember for the calamitous decision to close the academy and the way that was handled.  That will be his legacy at the club.

My understanding is that the decision was made collectively and I think was supported by all of them.

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know Lex is currently trying cut the goalie coach contract to a part time contract, even though he is signed up on full time.

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

My understanding is that the decision was made collectively and I think was supported by all of them.

Whilst the final decision may be seen as collective it was pretty obvious that it was CC and ML's idea in the first place.

Ray knows along with the rest of us that our squad is too threadbare If the board has cut his budget that's just one more reason they should be gone and gone quickly

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

By your recent comments I'm sensing things are yet again happening behind the scenes that are going to make us even more of a shambles. 

One thing you seemed pretty confident on earlier in the thread was that a takeover/buyout was inevitable. If it doesn't put you under any scrutiny to answer on here what would be your feelings on that now? 

I get the feeling that given some of their actions that the case is they want to proceed with the current plan of trying to get us promoted with a squad of 17 players and then say i told you so and look at us we got us promoted at the first time. When the reality is we are probably looking at scraping a play off place with an injury hit squad. It's either that its going to be a giant f**k you to the fans and we will run it the way we want as its oor baw.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whilst the final decision may be seen as collective it was pretty obvious that it was CC and ML's idea in the first place.

I don't agree. 

CC & ML were the two doing the day-to-day stuff at the club, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were the ones who made the proposal. It could just as easily have been Andy Thomson - who would be the first to realise we were running out of cash - or Lex Miller - who was the director responsible for the Academy, after all. Given what we now know about BOD friction I suspect that if those two had proposed it all the others would automatically have objected. 

You may well be right, but I'm guessing your conclusion is based on assumption rather than knowledge. Not a dig; just me being my usual boring and pedantic self who wants evidence before damning someone.  

If you want to assign a legacy to CC I'd suggest doing it with things we know he was responsible for - the copyright threats or the Dennon Lewis statement. 

Not being aware of the full story its difficult to know why we have such a small squad. 

Was the budget agreed between Mckinnon and the board?  As far as we are lead to believe Mckinnon asked for a bigger budget  and was given it . Is this true?  If not then why not and if so then surely Mckinnon has to take some of the blame for not managing his budget correctly. 

9 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

By your recent comments I'm sensing things are yet again happening behind the scenes that are going to make us even more of a shambles. 

One thing you seemed pretty confident on earlier in the thread was that a takeover/buyout was inevitable. If it doesn't put you under any scrutiny to answer on here what would be your feelings on that now? 

I still believe it will happen, for the reasons I gave previously. I don't have any inside knowledge as it's the one thing they seem to be good at keeping secrets on.