The Falkirk FC Thread

Did this actually happen?
Did he get banned and does any such ban remain in place, or was it an empty threat?
Did a known spammer get banned?

Hopefully. The quality of the thread had improved dramatically.... Until very recently

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:
No.

Am told it was Ciaran Dunnes dad. I thought it was O'Haras for some reason. Whats the relevance of Alloa?

You're right. Someone told me he had signed for alloa. My bad if not. Spoke to the accused on friday after the agm. Felt very sorry for him. What a terrible time he's had. Boy Dunne should really be also putting out apologies in all this. Guy has caused havoc.

Edited by Shodwall cat

On 22/07/2019 at 03:24, Shodwall cat said:

We can use trialists once the league eason starts. Id much rather we gave some players a run out in this way to see what they are like in competitive action than panic signed a few because of a couple of injuries.

Well.....well.....well.... never thought I'd read that. The once mighty Falkirk FC reduced to playing trialists in the league !  

They will finally have taken us back to the 70s if that happens and Craig Campbell will be gleefully dancing on the grave of the Falkirk Academy.

4 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Well.....well.....well.... never thought I'd read that. The once mighty Falkirk FC reduced to playing trialists in the league !  

They will finally have taken us back to the 70s if that happens and Craig Campbell will be gleefully dancing on the grave of the Falkirk Academy.

Of course if we hadnt had the crazy decision to close the academy we wouldnt be needing any extra squad fillers. I'm sure though you would see trialists being used in the championship by some clubs if it was allowed.

11 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:
Mentioned on BBC rumours page

Falkirk football supporter has been cleared of a racism accusation in court - prompting the the club to issue an official apology. (Falkirk Herald)

Should be a separate article on the website as sure they had a full article at the time

Plus it's not a fucking rumour

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Of course if we hadnt had the crazy decision to close the academy we wouldnt be needing any extra squad fillers. I'm sure though you would see trialists being used in the championship by some clubs if it was allowed.

I realize we have no reserve team obviously but have we no youth teams any more also ?  Are those 18 players the only ones at the club now, I'm asking coz i don't know.

2 hours ago, hobbes said:
2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:
Maybe those with Twitter might share it around

Looking forward to Gordon Waddells retraction as well. Wonder what the picture will be this time.

Was Waddell's article & picture not in response to the eyeballs throwing incident ? Which did happen, therefore there will be no retraction from him. 

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Remember that in the 70's it was awful. Unknowns thrown in for one game and never head of again. One game in particular was traumatic. Sandy Burrell freed a few weeks before played as a one off ( says a lot for the guy by the way ) Pat Carrol freed by Hibs and out the game for months. But what really hit home was a poor guy called Marr who I felt so sorry for he had a torrid time on the park, nobody knew where he came from nobody knew where he went.

We are far from that position but agree we need some loan signings to bulk out the squad. We should be a good proposition to say to their clubs. He will get a seat on the bench and if the game is well won, he will get the last 20 minutes.