The Falkirk FC Thread

Not having a go here, but is the "hard challenges in this league" a bit of an easy myth to peddle?
Anyone got injury stats for the Championship/League 1?
Think it's one of these things people just assume will come with the territory of playing against, with all due respect, less skilled players whose best chance of beating us will be turning it into a scrap.

Could be seen as insulting generalisation though, and certainly not anything new demonstrable by some of the treatment we got on Saturday (Telfer being murdered after rinsing their entire team being the obvious highlight.)

Would also be interested to see what the stats say about it.

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Why does everyone now expect we will suffer all these injuries?

As said earlier we have three players who have spent long periods out injured recently in Bell, Toshney and Johnstone, I surely wasn't the only one on Saturday thinking fuk that's Bell out when he went down, the same fear will be there if the other two go down.

We have had 4 injuries so far and one long term albeit a youth player, but carrying an 18/19 player squad is gonna require some luck and if we get no luck early doors and struggle, the crowd will turn on Ray, he has zero in the bank to fall back on.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

About fucking time and wouldnt have happened without heat from the fans. Well done and well deserved apology.

Eta, I look forward to all of the P&B posters who were revelling in this incident also apologising for their conduct.

Wouldn't count on it. We're all just racists and apologists for racists. Except the police and the court system don't think so. 

1 minute ago, GaryDoug said:

Wouldn't count on it. We're all just racists and apologists for racists. Except the police and the court system don't think so. 

You forgot to add we are also mediocre

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

About fucking time and wouldnt have happened without heat from the fans. Well done and well deserved apology.

Eta, I look forward to all of the P&B posters who were revelling in this incident also apologising for their conduct.

Why wasn't this apology out as fast as their finger pointing one of racist behaviour, I'm pretty sure that statement was out on the same night.

I maybe a bit picky on the apology but it's been too long, bravo for eventually doing the right thing but it's 7-8 months too late

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The couldn't say anything while criminal charges were still in the pipeline. Once those were dismissed on Friday then they were free to speak, which they've now done.

At least it sets the record straight.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The couldn't say anything while criminal charges were still in the pipeline. Once those were dismissed on Friday then they were free to speak, which they've now done.

At least it sets the record straight.

Yet that didn't stop them launching right into it before most folk were home from the pub after game..... They have finally did the right thing. It's not a credit where it's due thing though, it's a debt that had to be repaid to the fans.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Why wasn't this apology out as fast as their finger pointing one of racist behaviour, 

They decided to issue it on the Friday. It was written on Saturday. I suspect's it's taken two days to issue because after recent PR disasters it needed all the BOD members (and MSG?) to sign it off.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Yet that didn't stop them launching right into it before most folk were home from the pub after game..... They have finally did the right thing. It's not a credit where it's due thing though, it's a debt that had to be repaid to the fans.

Agreed. They didn't come out of it well at all and ML admitted that freely in public at the EGM. It won't be forgotten or forgiven, nor should it be, but at least they did what needed to be done. And the two people responsible for it are either gone or going.

Now we wait and see how much of the media will report the retraction. Not as many as reported the original allegation, I suspect.

I'll be curious to see if the Herald do anything with the story given that they normally cover local court cases.

They decided to issue it on the Friday. It was written on Saturday. I suspect's it's taken two days to issue because after recent PR disasters it needed all the BOD members (and MSG?) to sign it off.

There in lies the problem they said didn’t exist on Friday - the MSG interfering in Board matters.

Anyway whatever the process they have at least done the right thing on this so well done to whoever pushed for it.

There in lies the problem they said didn’t exist on Friday - the MSG interfering in Board matters.

Anyway whatever the process they have at least done the right thing on this so well done to whoever pushed for it.
Seems the MSG have been defacto BOD for 15+ years.

How many injuries did any of last years diddies get? Or any season for that matter?
Why does everyone now expect we will suffer all these injuries?

I know it's maybe not helpful, and we did have a terrible time of it last season but we had to send players for operations so many times last season it was unreal. 14 times, I think it was said. We had Thomson suffer a bad one with nobody near him, Beadling was out for a good few weeks, Higginbotham was out, Lewis Martin missed almost the whole season, Murdoch had to retire... many of these weren't even from bad tackles. On top of that, we had a few bookings and red cards (we've had a few reds rescinded in the last couple of years too), it all adds up.