The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

BPM like myself and many other posters on this thread are part of a group of fans that collectively pledged to put in 800k of our own money, only requiring the board/MSG to stay true to their word and let it happen.

The board, for their part, have deliberately attacked fans on numerous occassions as well as blocking the above cash injection. Fans have responded by trying to force change in the business side of the club.

The MSG have said they are not going anywhere, have requested that we trust them and the fact that they are fans and love the club.

So why should we not expect these people to act in the best interests of the club in securing adequate squad cover for the league campaign? Why are you blaming football fans for not renewing when the same fans have been told thanks but we dont requide your money in order to secure the best interests of the club?

Why, if you knew they're liars and cant be trusted, are you withholding money from the club in probably the most important season they've had in years?

To make a point?

Boycotts dont work. They only harm the club. I know it makes you feel like you have some form of power but it's now power over those you're hoping it is. 

Blackpool and Newcastle were/are clubs with long term owner issues. Both tried boycotts, neither came close to working as the owners just entrenched themselves further in. 

If you know for a fact this MSG aren't fans and dont care about the club, as all your fans are constantly proclaiming, then why the f**k will they care that theres no fans?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why, if you knew they're liars and cant be trusted, are you withholding money from the club in probably the most important season they've had in years?

To make a point?

Boycotts dont work. They only harm the club. I know it makes you feel like you have some form of power but it's now power over those you're hoping it is. 

Blackpool and Newcastle were/are clubs with long term owner issues. Both tried boycotts, neither came close to working as the owners just entrenched themselves further in. 

If you know for a fact this MSG aren't fans and dont care about the club, as all your fans are constantly proclaiming, then why the f**k will they care that theres no fans?

For what its worth, I think the rug has pretty much been pulled from under any boycott and vocal/visual protest is the way to go, but you still havent answered me as to why we shouldnt expect the people who have rejected our offer of investment to stay true to their word that they will make up any required shortfall in the budget?

Dont you think the people who have renewed their season tickets deserve better than unfulfilled promises and lazy blaming if those who havent?

Its fucking pathetic for anyone, including the board, fans of Falkirk, or fans of anyone else to try and lay the blame for a thin squad at the fert of fans not buying season tickets. 

8 hours ago, Falkirk Till_ I Die said:

Bullshit

Small Squad could make it harder but won't stop us winning the league

People not getting my point

It could stop us should we get very unlucky but the post I was replying to was saying we wont win the league, which seems very Stupid to say when you look at our team and looks overly pessimistic

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

For what its worth, I think the rug has pretty much been pulled from under any boycott and vocal/visual protest is the way to go, but you still havent answered me as to why we shouldnt expect the people who have rejected our offer of investment to stay true to their word that they will make up any required shortfall in the budget?

Dont you think the people who have renewed their season tickets deserve better than unfulfilled promises and lazy blaming if those who havent?

Its fucking pathetic for anyone, including the board, fans of Falkirk, or fans of anyone else to try and lay the blame for a thin squad at the fert of fans not buying season tickets. 

I think if they've made false promises and rejected a fan takeover like that they're monumental c***s.

Theres far too many people involved in football these days who simply dont care about the fans and use roles like these to feel important, and simply refuse to give it up as theyll return to being irrelevant afterwards.

My point was you, as the fans, seem to know they were lying about putting their own money in, yet you've gone ahead and cut the income anyway.

I think if they've made false promises and rejected a fan takeover like that they're monumental c***s.
Theres far too many people involved in football these days who simply dont care about the fans and use roles like these to feel important, and simply refuse to give it up as theyll return to being irrelevant afterwards.
My point was you, as the fans, seem to know they were lying about putting their own money in, yet you've gone ahead and cut the income anyway.
So your solution is to do nothing? To not try to force their hand?

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So your solution is to do nothing? To not try to force their hand?

From the examples of other clubs, I think all you can do is wait it out and keep applying pressure through official channels.

Keep raising money to increase the pot and constantly keep badgering them to hand the club over. Fill the stadium with supporters who show unity behind the group trying to replace them, banners/songs, whatever. Make them take their comfy seats, look around them and see the sheer number of people who are against them.

To me that's the best option. Not going to games harms everyone but them.

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I thought that we could get a way with an 18 man squad but from what I've seen today, with a couple of injuries and a suspension, then having just 18 isn't going to cut it. However, when all is said and done I think the main obstacle to us getting automatic promotion could be Death Ray and his overly cautious approach. We had a great chance to stay up last year but McKinnon insisted on playing for draws and that ultimately had us relegated. If we start to see him have the team play like that when we are away from home in League 1 he has to go.

I've seen three games now which have had more attacking football than the last two seasons combined. 

I've seen three games now which have had more attacking football than the last two seasons combined. 

Exactly this. I’ve actually seen numerous shots at goal per game, I don’t know how to handle it.

Highlights....

Big Bucky sold the jerseys for the first goal.
He does look a threat in the opposition box though.

Gomis looks like he was everywhere yesterday.

Durnan sending off an utter joke. Cant quite believe there wasnt more to it than that. A disgraceful call.

Telfer and Connolly both look really dangerous.

In Rays interview he mentioned someone playing at a really high level... Was it McShane?

We should get some boycott merchandise to sell. Navy and gold scarfs or alike, stuff that will show as non club supplied mercy. All profits into the BtB kitty. 

A bit like the green and yellow thing at Man Utd. Got people talking, means you can happily go to games and support the team on the park. But also sends a clear, visual message to the board. 

Just pointing out how daft boycotts can be, tbh. Your man BPM seems to have been pushing for it, solely so he can point out the fact your board claimed they would cover up the difference if anything like this happened.
Sounds like someone with the club at heart...

I have said consistently that if people buy and ST or not I won’t criticise them. Personal choice

2 hours ago, Falkirk Till_ I Die said:

People not getting my point

It could stop us should we get very unlucky but the post I was replying to was saying we wont win the league, which seems very Stupid to say when you look at our team and looks overly pessimistic

I’m not doubting the quality in the side, I’m actually delighted with pretty much all the signings. If we avoid injuries and suspensions then I think we win the league comfortably, and we’ll do it playing some good football.

But it’s the start of the season and we’ve already got 4 players likely out for the Berwick game (Durnan, Laverty, McLean and Sammon). Which means only 2 outfield subs. Who comes on if a defender turns an ankle? It’s not about being very unlucky, it’s just about picking up the standard number of injuries and suspension every team gets every year. 

So I’ll concede that an 18 man squad could potentially  still win the league - but it drastically reduces our chances in the course of a long season in a physically ‘robust’ league. 2 utility players in would be a big help. 

23 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

We should get some boycott merchandise to sell. Navy and gold scarfs or alike, stuff that will show as non club supplied mercy. All profits into the BtB kitty. 

A bit like the green and yellow thing at Man Utd. Got people talking, means you can happily go to games and support the team on the park. But also sends a clear, visual message to the board. 

I hope for the sake of the Falkirk fans any protest is more successful than that one. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

They are monumental c***s.
The club is a prisoner of their egos.

Arbroath won this league last season using 22 players. Which was the smallest amount used by any League One Champions in the last 10 years. They had relatively few injuries and suspensions.

The average number of players used by the Champions over that same 10 years is 26.

A title winning squad of fewer than 20 would be incredible when you consider the amount of games you face over the season the title winning squads have been.

Morton 33

Dunfermline 28

Livi 26

Ayr 26

Arbroath 20

Arbroath didn't make it to rounds in cup competitions that Falkirk on paper are expected to make and without being able to rotate the squad it could damage the team in the long run. You need a few more bodies in there to get you over the line and a few good players to have record seasons, think, McManus, El Bak, Shankland, Linn.

From the examples of other clubs, I think all you can do is wait it out and keep applying pressure through official channels.
Keep raising money to increase the pot and constantly keep badgering them to hand the club over. Fill the stadium with supporters who show unity behind the group trying to replace them, banners/songs, whatever. Make them take their comfy seats, look around them and see the sheer number of people who are against them.
To me that's the best option. Not going to games harms everyone but them.
The people who are refusing to go to the games feel that their money wouldn't go towards funding the playing squad or benefitting the club in any way other than lining the pockets of the owners and making them feel a little more at home in their current posts.

I'm not saying that's correct, that's just the prevailing view from people I've spoken to who refuse to go to home games.

I see where you're coming from - boycotts generally don't work - but I find it hard to blame anyone who has had enough of what they've seen under the current owners, and is prepared to risk harming the club in the short term for moral reasons.

I'd also argue, on the flipside, that the 'boycott' has had little to no impact on income outwith what the board would have expected upon relegation anyway. Despite it, we've comfortably cleared 2,000 STs already and League Cup attendances have held with what we got last year, if not slightly improved. So I don't see how the fans are in any way to blame there either.

Would the budget be greater if another 2/300 fans had renewed STs? I strongly doubt it.

Guest Ecosse83

If we're going with a very thin squad let's just hope we get pumped out of the diddy cups sharpish. 

I'd be surprised if we don't get a few cheap loans in to bulk up the squad though.