The Falkirk FC Thread

My understanding is that 200k would be the minimum training compensation we'd be entitled to in the summer.

He's not as good as others yet but he's 19 just now. To me he has as much potential as Arfield and more than the other two you mentioned. He can do everything and I think a change of scenery will be beneficial for his development.

200k ????

I was told from a very reliable source last season that we would only be able to get 30k for Murdoch moving on last year with the training compo scenario. I dunno exactly how the compo works (I dont think anyone does....Mark Stewart !!!! ), but surely Murdoch has similar training compo as Fulton

The 100k quoted in the Sun seems more realistic to me, using the similar bar that Hearts got 150k for one of there youngsters as Im sure the major part of working out training compo is wages earned, which is perhaps why we have a 215k claim for Stewart, who wouldve had been on an SPL contract which was managed by Im sure Kevin Drinkell.

Id like to see at least one more in today, with Fulton leaving, as much as I think its a good deal on both fronts money wise and that we can do without him, id still like similar replacement in as we all know we dont have a ready made replacement for him apart from really untried young uns....

transfer rumour on bbc sport

Former Dunfermline & Morton forward Davie Graham seen going into Falkirk Stadium earlier today-

I see Mark Stewart has been released, I dunno how fit he is as over the period since he left us, he has been injured mainly at Bradford, Dundee and even Killie...but a pay as you play deal would be decent enough option if possible, tho that may effect our compo if he were to come in and fail badly I suppose, tho Im probably like many that think we will probably get a packet of haribos and a tenner for him.....

Tis also never really good idea to go back to where you had a decent spell, tho Crunchie breaks that spell for us on numerous occasions...... I will be surprised if he is not on Dundees radar.....injury prone striker, fits the bill for John Brown

Edited by MrDust

transfer rumour on bbc sport

Former Dunfermline & Morton forward Davie Graham seen going into Falkirk Stadium earlier today-

Where do they get this stuff, p&b?

I'm gonnae say that the BBC weren't standing outside our ground so someone contacted them

200k ????

I was told from a very reliable source last season that we would only be able to get 30k for Murdoch moving on last year with the training compo scenario. I dunno exactly how the compo works (I dont think anyone does....Mark Stewart !!!! ), but surely Murdoch has similar training compo as Fulton

Pretty sure it's to do with how long they have been at the club and at what age they first joined.

I see Mark Stewart has been released, I dunno how fit he is as over the period since he left us, he has been injured mainly at Bradford, Dundee and even Killie...but a pay as you play deal would be decent enough option if possible, tho that may effect our compo if he were to come in and fail badly I suppose, tho Im probably like many that think we will probably get a packet of haribos and a tenner for him.....

Tis also never really good idea to go back to where you had a decent spell, tho Crunchie breaks that spell for us on numerous occasions...... I will be surprised if he is not on Dundees radar.....injury prone striker, fits the bill for John Brown

I'm not sure if Stewart was actually injured at any point while he was at Killie - he was just utterly shite.

The BBC don't post the cost of the player without two confirmed sources, hence all the 'undisclosed fee' pish that's branded about these days. £200K does look like a smart deal for the club, with Holt able to bring in Beck and Chalmers in areas where we were short.

As for the Kingsley to Celtic rumour, he's quite simply out of their price range. Yes, they have plenty of money in the bank...but we are still in Scotland here and even they cannot afford to pay full value for a guy that in reality would probably disappear in to the abyss at Parkhead.

Happy with the business we have conducted (assuming the new signings are any good), close the window now please!

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Chalmers can be back up to Flynn, McCracken and Vaulks.

Also we now have a left sided centre half, i know Kinglsey played there at the sta rt of the season but it allows Stephen to blossom further at left back, i think its to early for him to go to Celtic, another season in the Championship before he would be ready.

Pleased with our business this month.

Out - Bingham, Comrie and Fulton

In - Beck and Chalmers.

The BBC don't post the cost of the player without two confirmed sources, hence all the 'undisclosed fee' pish that's branded about these days. £200K does look like a smart deal for the club, with Holt able to bring in Beck and Chalmers in areas where we were short.

As for the Kingsley to Celtic rumour, he's quite simply out of their price range. Yes, they have plenty of money in the bank...but we are still in Scotland here and even they cannot afford to pay full value for a guy that in reality would probably disappear in to the abyss at Parkhead.

Happy with the business we have conducted (assuming the new signings are any good), close the window now please!

If we got 200k we have won a watch. I suspect it won't be as much as that with him nearing the end of his contract.