The Falkirk FC Thread

I too felt for ML today. I think she has made some bad calls but clearly others on the Board have been not working with her and CC.

Kenny’s questioning of why BTB has not been progressed s was excellent. It showed Martin Ritchie had deliberately lied and that LM and AT should not have been involved in the decision on the scheme as they had a clear conflict of interest.

As far as SA and CL are concerned their contributions made the already big divide between fans and custodians even bigger. SA may have 20% of the shares but it is not his club. His condescending manner is not what is required in the current climate. His input today was pathetic.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'd be keen to know this as well. Did they actually assess the potential impact of not being in the elite group? It's all well and good saying we wouldn't have attracted the same calibre of player, but how would it have worked in practice? You could argue that there's already an unwritten hierarchy in the academies (where the top talent will tend to choose the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs) and we more than held our own.

It has always been so. The advantage Falkirk had though was that we had a reputation for giving young players a chance of first team football. Being able to name player after player season after season as proof to the young player and the parents, if you are good enough you are old enough. That carried a lot of clout. The 3 -4 year barren spell destroyed that.

Angry & disappointed at some of the comments & attitudes of the MSG today. Fans always win in the end Sandy Alexander. BOD will take no notice of missing fans but they can’t ignore us at the games. Vocal & visual protests must continue in my opinion. Back the team, not the regime.

The apologies given today (which need a far bigger audience) prove we cannot trust anything that is said. I’m sure some still believe that as they are Falkirk supporters they have the best interests of the club at heart, their words and actions suggest otherwise.

Angry & disappointed at some of the comments & attitudes of the MSG today. Fans always win in the end Sandy Alexander. BOD will take no notice of missing fans but they can’t ignore us at the games. Vocal & visual protests must continue in my opinion. Back the team, not the regime.

The apologies given today (which need a far bigger audience) prove we cannot trust anything that is said. I’m sure some still believe that as they are Falkirk supporters they have the best interests of the club at heart, their words and actions suggest otherwise.
Yeah, I think the focus has to shift. I am loathe to even say it because it looks like giving up in favour of going to games. The only way holdig back from home games would be in any way effective would be to make every away game 90 minites of as raucpus hounding of them as possible then leave the home games like a morgue.

The worst statement of the day was when Colin Liddell claimed the MSG had only been in existence since 2017. The comment brought a mixture of hilarity and anger with an ex-Board Member calling him a liar.

Anyone who believed that statement believes that unicorns swim the English Channel to raise money for unicorn charities. Does he think we are all fucking stupid?

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The worst statement of the day was when Colin Liddell claimed the MSG had only been in existence since 2017. The comment brought a mixture of hilarity and anger with an ex-Board Member calling him a liar.

Anyone who believed that statement believes that unicorns swim the English Channel to raise money for unicorn charities. Does he think we are all fucking stupid?

I know he’s a professional PR guy (or fucking meant to be) but it would take more spin than a frisbee to explain that load of codswallop. 

I know he’s a professional PR guy (or fucking meant to be) but it would take more spin than a frisbee to explain that load of codswallop. 
When people are backed into a corner they say stupid things, exposing themselves.

I am grateful to the people who backed them into a corner.

At least everyone who renewed or wanted to see what the EGM brings can be in no doubt how the fans are viewed. What they do witg that is obviously theor choice. But at least we know.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Im still trying to get over sandy alexanders call for more trust and honesty.😂😂

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Im still trying to get over sandy alexanders call for more trust and honesty.😂😂

He’s a man who is very used to getting his own way. Doesn’t take criticism or disagreement well at all. 

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'd be keen to know this as well. Did they actually assess the potential impact of not being in the elite group? It's all well and good saying we wouldn't have attracted the same calibre of player, but how would it have worked in practice? You could argue that there's already an unwritten hierarchy in the academies (where the top talent will tend to choose the Glasgow and Edinburgh clubs) and we more than held our own.

Andy Thomson the so called finance guru knew nothing about the talks held between the likes of CR and the bod regarding other folk covering the cost of the academy.  He also basically had no real knowledge of the btb bid until march even though work was going on on it since december.

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

She admitted that the racism statement was drafted / approved by a combination of her, Craig Campbell and a former unpaid PR advisor and that they got it badly wrong. She apologised multiple times for it and when asked if the club would issue a statement to that affect said that would be up to the current board, which she later offered to resign from. 

I got the impression that she'd be happy to do it but have a suspicion that the others wouldn't be so keen. Least said soonest mended, and all that. 

Yes, she got it wrong and if she's leaving then she's paid the price for it. 

I had felt ML was hung out to dry but if she had anything to do with race statement, then her credibility adding in the McKinnon shambles with her profession is nothing more than a shambles on her part.

The unpaid PR advisor hopefully isn't still at the club in some capacity also

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I too felt for ML today. I think she has made some bad calls but clearly others on the Board have been not working with her and CC.

Kenny’s questioning of why BTB has not been progressed s was excellent. It showed Martin Ritchie had deliberately lied and that LM and AT should not have been involved in the decision on the scheme as they had a clear conflict of interest.

As far as SA and CL are concerned their contributions made the already big divide between fans and custodians even bigger. SA may have 20% of the shares but it is not his club. His condescending manner is not what is required in the current climate. His input today was pathetic.

You called it 100% at last public fan meeting in that there are divides between the lot of them.

Unfortunately, there is no definite way to get the dead wood out

You called it 100% at last public fan meeting in that there are divides between the lot of them.
Unfortunately, there is no definite way to get the dead wood out

They went for each other viciously today. It was quite a site.

If I had a fiver for every time Lex said “noted we will take that on board” I would been a rich man tonight

These are the same c***s that were in the media lauding the fact that the SPL votes against us getting in (turkeys voting for Christmas). Yet when it’s their to do what’s best for The Club, they are shifting the next at every turn.

Tell SA to ram his stand right up his arse.

Just read the herald article on it and this is the stand out bit on it no real change just shares diluted:

Mr Alexander also added he saw the major shareholders’ interest in the club remaining – even under the BtB scheme where shares would be diluted, not transferred.

Never though SA would come out of this looking like the biggest w**k but there you go.

What runs through all of this is that they have an interpretation of themselves as the real fans and the rest of us are nothing. Not important. The "your club" shite.... Blown clean out the water.

Fucking hell imagine actually thinking that you are right and hundreds if not thousands of others are totally wrong. What a paranoid, delusional existence that must be

Apologies but can I ask a question that will have been covered to death...

Is the fans anger at the racism statement the fact that they also included 'personal insults' of staff along with it? Or is the racism accusation itself contested?