Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Telfer, Doyle and Bell decent enough today, slight worry is the still non existent plan of how to attack.

All far too early to judge in the now friendly cup competition.

Ps both teams werent great, a little more adventure from Ray may have seen better reward

Think we need to remember what we are looking to compete against this season, and treat a 1-1 draw against top tier opposition as a positive. I mean I wasnt there, but thats a good sign regardless of how this cup is treated.

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

Much better once Johnstone came on. Also great to see an attendance of 2121, which is significantly higher than last season. The vast majority of fans clearly not observing any boycott. 

I don’t actually know you or have quoted on any of your posts but I can’t fuckin stand you ya tit. Fcuk off

Obviously not a fantastic game by any standards but fairly happy with that performance. Well worth the draw imo. Was a pretty poor second half until we brought Denny Johnstone on up front but after that felt we were the better team. Just us having both Sammon and Johnstone staying up the park was giving us an outball and letting us get some control of the game. Good that Sammon managed to poke home for the goal though cause I was seething the ref didn’t give us a pen for Lithgow trying his best to bodyslam Johnstone at the back post.

So for those not there we started the game playing 4-1-4-1 with McShane sitting in front of the back 4 and Connolly and MacLean playing wide. Once Johnstone came on he went up top and Telfer went wide right in a 4-4-2. Finally with Toshney on we went to a midfield diamond with him playing in front of the back 4 McShane and Tidser either side and Telfer paying as a 10 with both full-backs really pushing further on and that’s when we looked most threatening imo.

Charlie Telfer got MoM and was fully deserved he had a great game showed a lot of good battling qualities which I really didn’t expect as well. Ross MacLean has comfortably his best game in a Falkirk shirt aye his end product needs to improve but his closing down and use of the ball was brilliant good to see a much improved performance from him. He was to honest and stayed on his feet when he took the ball past the ‘keeper out wide thought that was a foul all day long. Only real negatives for me were Tidser who was really quiet until we moved to the diamond then he started getting into the game but his penalty was really poor and Mark Durnan who was fucking shite. His passing was good but his positional sense was shocking constantly on the wrong side of Dykes and letting the ball bounce too often. Felt he could’ve been sent off first half as well after letting Dykes run through he booted him square in the face.

Bell - f**k all do to apart from the save at the end and the goal which bounced off him.

Doyle - Will be the most key signing imo because he’s gonna have to do Durnan’s running for him.

Durnan - probably the worst player for me today, a few errors that should of led to more and he could of send red for a last man high boot.

Buchanan - Clearly fouled in the build up to their goal but was not too bad, still too many headers lost tho.

Dixon - consistently okay.

Telfer - If he can get in the game more he’ll be the boy.

Tidser - passing was okay but looked way off it.

Connolly - good feet and decent passing but just gets bullied to easy.

McShane - covered a lot of ground without doing an awful lot but a few decent deliveries.

MacLean - was a decent outball but tries far too much.

Sammon - AWOL first half but picked up when Johnstone came on.

Johnstone - If he stays fit a reckon he’ll get a decent amount of goals, right place right time kind of striker.

Toshney - Didn’t see enough of him to judge.

Overall thought we held our own against the best team we’ll play this season, taking away other potential cup opponents.

‪Wasnt there today due to holidays but that’s an excellent point considering Livi are (sadly) years in front of us in the league set up.

Stranraer are in our league so will be good to see how we do in that one on Tues night. We’ll have a couple of players back too & maybe a new one

Much better once Johnstone came on. Also great to see an attendance of 2121, which is significantly higher than last season. The vast majority of fans clearly not observing any boycott. 

Get fucked you smug p***k.

Sammon is there to link up the play and bring others into the game. It was naturally we seen him improve when Johnstone came on. There is definitely a player in Johnstone I just hope he can keep fit. Telfer was also very good. A lot more promising signs this year than this time last year when we lost to Montrose. Hopefully we get a couple of signings soon.

Just now, CC52 FFC said:

Sammon is there to link up the play and bring others into the game. It was naturally we seen him improve when Johnstone came on. There is definitely a player in Johnstone I just hope he can keep fit. Telfer was also very good. A lot more promising signs this year than this time last year when we lost to Montrose. Hopefully we get a couple of signings soon.

Still have Gomis and Leitch to come into that squad too even witohut signings

First home game that I have voluntarily missed in years.
May be a token protest but just can’t bring myself to give these people my money.

Relatively impressed today.

Much better than last year.

It will take some time to gel but looks good so far.

Maybe some of the idiots on here should start supporting the team rather than getting bogged down in politics.

ill be at the EGM.

Relatively impressed today.
Much better than last year.
It will take some time to gel but looks good so far.
Maybe some of the idiots on here should start supporting the team rather than getting bogged down in politics.
ill be at the EGM.

I’d hope you would be at the EGM lex, f**k off.

Noticed the majority of the people annoyed at others not attending are either day tripping c***s or maws off the COYB page.

I will fight each and every one of you.