The Falkirk FC Thread

Number 9 and 22 looked decent from the highlights of Brechin game, French lads I assume.

Number 9? Number 19 was the player that stood out for me, along with 22. Although I thought every player that came on made some sort of positive contribution, which was impressive given the sheer number of them.

Number 9? Number 19 was the player that stood out for me, along with 22. Although I thought every player that came on made some sort of positive contribution, which was impressive given the sheer number of them.
Yeah 19 was the stand out for me too, albeit I only saw the highlights. 9 and 22 looked useful though. I'd favour giving more than one of the French a contract to prevent them getting too homesick.

I can't see them ever doing that.  To give these guys their due a lot of them were there when the club was in its darkest hour and were instrumental in saving it.  No point in doing that if at some point down the line your then going to put it back in the shitter.  I'm not concerned about that side of thing I just think these guys have been in charge for so long they just don't want to let go. If they had wanted to do a runner with the cash they would've done it when we had over a million n the bank and not now that thats all gone due to dreadful managerial appointments .

Maybe the guys just don’t believe a fan ownership model is the way to go in general for the betterment of the club. I don’t really buy into the arguments against it but you do seems to risk having guys without real world experience of running a business or other organisation in fairly senior positions, I believe such a thing happened at Berwick with dire consequences, for example. Our ‘fans representative’ has not always been the most appropriate choice, just whoever is in with the right people in the supporters clubs.

Again not something I agree with necessarily but I often hear that the “benevolent dictator” generally produces the best outcomes for a football club so long as said person is sane, think of a Geoff Brown type figure.

I think ideally you’d have something in between both models. A board of diverse talents, guys who know how to run a business, finance guys, guys who really know the footballing side and a benefactor or two willing to put their own money up when the chips are down, along with fan representation and some percentage of fan ownership.

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Maybe the guys just don’t believe a fan ownership model is the way to go in general for the betterment of the club. I don’t really buy into the arguments against it but you do seems to risk having guys without real world experience of running a business or other organisation in fairly senior positions, I believe such a thing happened at Berwick with dire consequences, for example. Our ‘fans representative’ has not always been the most appropriate choice, just whoever is in with the right people in the supporters clubs.

Again not something I agree with necessarily but I often hear that the “benevolent dictator” generally produces the best outcomes for a football club so long as said person is sane, think of a Geoff Brown type figure.

I think ideally you’d have something in between both models. A board of diverse talents, guys who know how to run a business, finance guys, guys who really know the footballing side and a benefactor or two willing to put their own money up when the chips are down, along with fan representation and some percentage of fan ownership.

the scheme proposed was kind of a mix between models, the current major shareholders would have still controlled around 30% of the club (62% ATM).

their major problem seem to be giving up control, i think they actually thought we would hand over 800k and let them spend it.

Edited by falkirkzombie

55 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

no reason why both can't happen.

That's my point. Turn up support the team, then vent your wrath at how the club is being run.

Felt a bit sorry for last years signings, they were out of their depth and skill level not there fault.  Had a soft spot for Brough though he tried and was the best of a bad bunch and the only one I though had a chance.

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's my point. Turn up support the team, then vent your wrath at how the club is being run.

Felt a bit sorry for last years signings, they were out of their depth and skill level not there fault.  Had a soft spot for Brough though he tried and was the best of a bad bunch and the only one I though had a chance.

meet him up Falkirk town one night, he was a thoroughly nice guy.

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Just visiting to say thanks to the Falkirk lad I spoke to in the CP Company store in Soho, London the other day that told me about the sale at Harvey Nichols.  If your reading this my son is delighted with the CP Company coat he got there 👍

I wouldn’t normally clutter up a thread like this but he seemed a top bloke and him or one of his mates is bound to be on this thread.

Cheers.

I remember when Stone Island/CP Company had their joint flagship store on Beak Street. Had a few good shopping trips their getting stuff before it was released in Cruise.

Glad your laddie got a bargain mate.

You've been playing too much football manager.
Haha. I wish. 4 seasons completed in the last 6 years. I blame the kids.

Genuine suggestion though. How many young footballers move away and complain of missing thier family and friends etc. Some young French kid moves to falkirk, may not know the language well, it'll be difficult for them no matter how good a footballer they are or what league one fortune we pay them.

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

meet him up Falkirk town one night, he was a thoroughly nice guy.

Tbf he was up town most weekends with oor Tommy.

Seemed a decent lad and wasn’t the worst in a back 3/5, missing a yard or two of pace. 

28 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Haha. I wish. 4 seasons completed in the last 6 years. I blame the kids.

Genuine suggestion though. How many young footballers move away and complain of missing thier family and friends etc. Some young French kid moves to falkirk, may not know the language well, it'll be difficult for them no matter how good a footballer they are or what league one fortune we pay them.

There was a classy defender Hughes signed from France but returned homesick. Anybody remember who he was ?