The Falkirk FC Thread

Oh God.  Did he really do that?  Tell me he didn't.  I'm finding it difficult to capture in words the sense of betrayal and hurt I feel over such behaviour.

You children really do love getting your tummies tickled, don't you?  Doyle is a good guy by all accounts, and he's shown lots of commitment to all the clubs he's played for.  
Ability wise, he's ok for the likes of us, meaning he should cope comfortably with the standard he's now required to operate at.
The way you lot fall in love with ordinary footballers who make the right noises is funny, but also a little cringey to witness.

Have you got a girlfriend/wife?

Anyone going to the EGM next friday? I know I've tended to support the board and blame Hartley for last season but am thinking of going to see if there will be any background information on why decisions were taken, and how we have ended up where we are and where things are heading ie, takeovers etc. It could be an interesting, informative and lively meeting! 

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Anyone going to the EGM next friday? I know I've tended to support the board and blame Hartley for last season but am thinking of going to see if there will be any background information on why decisions were taken, and how we have ended up where we are and where things are heading ie, takeovers etc. It could be an interesting, informative and lively meeting! 

it will certainly be lively, i'm going and looking forward to watch them squirm, the main question they have to answer is why the have not followed through on the instruction from the shareholders last December to back the BtB scheme.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You would get away with that claim if I posted incessantly in the Morton thread. However, I think I've only posted once there and I certainly haven't looked at it in months. 

My comments are aimed at your main lunatic poster who's infested this thread incessantly since  September. Ditto any comments aimed at QOS. Most of the other posters - from both clubs - are pretty sensible and make valid points. 

If both individuals went away, so would my reasons for slipping in the occasional dig at their clubs. 

I often make valid points in here, and often get perfectly sensible replies to them.

You're just among the big number who cannot see past a username, if someone has had a dig or a laugh at Falkirk's expense previously.  So many ludicrously thin skins.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I'm not a shareholder but I would urge any shareholder who can manage along to get there and hold these people to account.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

You can't blame Hartley for badge gate, closing the academy, shambles appointing Mckinnon, racism claims at Stenny and so on.  The dreadful football on show is only one part of the problem.

37 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You can't blame Hartley for badge gate, closing the academy, shambles appointing Mckinnon, racism claims at Stenny and so on.  The dreadful football on show is only one part of the problem.

...but it's the part that has shone a light on the rest of it.

Do you honestly think any significant disquiet would be getting voiced at all right now, had the club just completed a promotion season, rather than a relegation one?

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd agree with you there, the badge should've been deal better by our now gone chief executive, as was the racism claims but badly worded as that was, surely no-one really believes the board think our whole support are racist? A 2nd statement later would've closed that down, I know the board have made some huge blunders but I still think the protest are a reaction to how we have done on he pitch, no-one would bother about the academy closing if we'd went up instead of down! Ray's appointment was a disaster but was a board trying to make things better, they are still backing their managers if they weren't I'd be 100% with the boycott. I'm not wholeheartedly behind the board and not following through with the fans and patrons bid is wrong in my opinion, this could've stopped any protests if they'd gone ahead with this. I'll see and hear both sides at the EGM and see how I feel then.

Hello all old P&B regulars,  hope you're doing well.   It's been far too long since i posted on here.  I normally am content to lurk but had to log-in to mute that Monkey Tennis fella because he's so fucking tedious.  

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do you honestly think any significant disquiet would be getting voiced at all right now, had the club just completed a promotion season, rather than a relegation one?

This is true, the same board were in charge when we were getting to play offs, beating rangers, and the Scottish cup final but there  were no protests then. No-one wanted hartley out this time last year or seen last season coming but the board apparently should have somehow! Everything is a reaction to on the pitch and that responsibility is the managers, saying that doesn't change the fact that a lot of bridges have been burned and change at the top would (probably) be a good thing for us now.

It was Martin Ritchie's statement that really pissed me off tbh. With Campbell going (rightly, for his many cock-ups) the club should have been able to draw a proper line under the whole sorry season which would have allowed us to move on. Instead they monumentally fucked it by having yet another go at the fans 

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm sure our fans would be pretty pissed off at being branded racist, yes.  The academy decision was a terrible one at the time and our relegation has highlighted this.    At the end of the day it was the bod who appointed the wrong man to the post and  they may still have the wrong man in the job only time will tell on that side of things. The board have shown themselves able to make terrible decisions off the park as well as on it . They are completely clueless when it comes to making any decisions towards the running of the club.

There has been loads that has pissed me off but the main one was the blatant betrayal and lies with regards to the btb bid. Why let Kenny and David do all that work with the promise that they would allow us fans to invest in our club if we reached £800k to then deny us this opportunity.

For me this is unforgivable and the main reason I won't be back at TFS until they are gone. No matter what they do and who they sign I won't be back. I don't however have any issues with those that have renewed.

Hello all old P&B regulars,  hope you're doing well.   It's been far too long since i posted on here.  I normally am content to lurk but had to log-in to mute that Monkey Tennis fella because he's so fucking tedious.  

Ditto. Would be a safer place if we all did the same. He makes our board seem bearable.

Incredible to see someone backing the board on the basis of "they didnt really mean we are all racist".

It really doesnt matter what the content or context of that statement was. What it revealed was their contemptuous attitude towards us as fans. How stupid they think we are and how pig headed they are.

That incident and the season in general has simply shone a light on them. Its not the light that matters, its what it brings out of the shadows......

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm sure our fans would be pretty pissed off at being branded racist, yes.  The academy decision was a terrible one at the time and our relegation has highlighted this.    At the end of the day it was the bod who appointed the wrong man to the post and  they may still have the wrong man in the job only time will tell on that side of things. The board have shown themselves able to make terrible decisions off the park as well as on it . They are completely clueless when it comes to making any decisions towards the running of the club.

None of which alters what I said.

The racism thing would have excited annoyance at the time, but would barely be getting mentioned now, had Hartley recruited skilfully, rather than calamitously last summer.  Similarly, the academy decision would now be looking like a masterstroke. 

I'm not for a moment suggesting that the board have got lots right; they demonstrably haven't.  However, I am saying that it's a dreadful on field season that's applied pressure now - a pressure that will ease if/when the team starts winning.