The Falkirk FC Thread

From what I am hearing we can at least look forward positively. The difference is that these players are mostly experienced players at some level and not the hotch potch of imposters we looked at this time last season. From what I read we have a bit of talent on trial which is pleasing

Sounds encouraging but refusing to get too carried away. Hartley's shower of dross last season looked a genuinely capable side in its first outing against a strong Aberdeen team. It was downhill rapidly from there. And I'm not having Monkey Tennis quoting me with the benefit of hindsight again

Remember that game well and remember being very positive about the season coming up, f**k me I even thought Dan Turner looked a player.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

We played some cracking stuff in that second half. That midfield 4 when they get going look like they’re going to absolutely dominate games this season. Some brilliant 1 and 2 touch passes and good driving runs particularly from Telfer and Connolly. Already touched on him but Doyle was class on the right and was incredibly unlucky not to score.

Not much to say about Brechin but they looked really shite. Lewis McMinn was their best player by a considerable margin made some cracking saves and kept the score down. Ryan McCord is a fat wee c**t however. After his shocker of a tackle in the first half spent the second chasing shadows and hair kicking players if we got close to them.

Thought all the trialists played well enough. Definitely didn’t think any of them looked shite which is a bonus. Going to go through them all individually.

9 - Big boy up front started well but faded out of the game. He seems quite quick and strong however. Worth another look imo.

14 - Lewis Toshney - Strolled it. Didn’t have much if any defending to do and as well unlucky not to score with a run forward. Worth a contract.

15 - Ciaran Summers - Looked fine at left back. Quite small but seems to have a decent enough engine on him and for up and down the park well.

16 - Paul McKay - Came on playing kind of left of the diamond and was really impressed with him. Decent size and done everything with ease. Got a good assist for the 3rd goal as well.

17 - Blair Malcolm - Played on the right and seemed a lot better than I thought he’d be. Was hitting good corners with both feet, linking up well with Doyle and again was unlucky not to score. Really should’ve had a penalty when he got taken out in the box.

19 - Played at the tip of the diamond and scored the 3rd goal. Really impressed with him took the goal well lobbing the ‘keeper from 25 yards and carried on where the first choice midfield left off battling away and playing some nice passes. Another who I reckon we should be seeing again.

20 - Mehdi Mina - Played in front of the back 4. Started poor but really grew into the game. He’s quite small but seems like a decent ball winning midfielder and also decent on the ball.

22 - Smaller striker but the stand out of the trialists. He’s definitely got something about him. Quick feet, pacey, likes to take a man on and robbed the defence of the ball a few times. A coupe of blocks and a great McMinn save stopping him from scoring. On that showing he definitely looks like he’s worth offering him something.

Given we're now aware of the names now can someone put the missing names to these numbers please so Russ' summary is even better.

Sounds like once the subs were made we were:

Mutch

Doyle Toshney Buchy Summers

Mina

Malcolm  Mckay

Leitch

22(name please) 9(name please)

BainsfordBairn will be seething at the Falkirk Heralds name dropping tonight that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

BainsfordBairn will be seething at the Falkirk Heralds name dropping tonight that's for sure.

I'm not seething, but I am very surprised that what was previously policy seems to have been thrown out the window. 

The Herald are routinely given information and asked not to publish it. For example, on the first day of training Michael Gillen was given all the names of the trialists when he asked but was requested not to name them. The Herald didn't. They knew about Tidser months in advance, as did half the world, but only reported the story after he played against us at Cappielow which was the date agreed with the club. 

TBH, I'm just delighted at the performance tonight. It looks like we migh  have reasons for optimism this season despite the issues behind the scenes. 

I was particularly impressed with Number 19 (Robbie Leich I think someone said). Took the goal superbly and had great feet. The two french strikers looked quick but very raw for me. Wasn’t impressed with Blair Malcolm at all. He had to be talked through the full time he was on the park by Doyle and didn’t show enough to warren a contract for me. The big tall centre midfielder looked decent as well. Toshney strolled it although I don’t think he had much to do and should be fine as defensive cover.

7 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Why do so many of our ex-players look so unhappy now?

A better question would be "why do so many of Mortons' ex-players look so happy at Falkirk"? 

Glebe Park last night:- 😁

Tids.jpg

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
punctuation.

7 hours ago, kevinffc said:

COYBScreenshot_20190710-003330_F-Secure%20SAFE.jpg

Whenever I read reports about our best players, having gone down south, I'm always raging when they aren't glowing. Find myself thinking "you ungrateful b*****ds". Absolutely loved watching Leahy play for us. 

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A better question would be "why do so many of Mortons' ex-players look so happy at Falkirk"? 

Glebe Park last night:- 😁

Tids.jpg

Good Lord!  Are you people still claiming you've somehow got the better of Morton?  

Seriously, that's one club you should never mention again, such was the abject humiliation you suffered in relation to them last season.

Utter delusion.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Good Lord!  Are you people still claiming you've somehow got the better of Morton?  

Seriously, that's one club you should never mention again, such was the abject humiliation you suffered in relation to them last season.

Utter delusion.

tenor.gif

It sounded like a few were p possibly going to get a contact going by the post match.  Also got to be a kick in the nuts for the midfielder trialists when he said he was happy with his midfield and was looking for strikers and defenders

5 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Also got to be a kick in the nuts for the midfielder trialists when he said he was happy with his midfield and was looking for strikers and defenders

I got that feeling as well, the way he said it was as if they were only there so he could sub his midfield off. Maybe he was just talking about the french trialists though as he did say there were a few that had been in for a while that might get signed later this week. Toshney's a shoe in to be signed surely hopefully just a years deal. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd say Toshney is a stick on to be signed.  If he's happy with the midfield then it doesn't bode well for the return of dkd. 

He did mention that he would like a forward player who can play on the wing and likes to cut inside. DKD all over.