The Falkirk FC Thread

I wouldn't be so sure about this folks. Who exactly sit on the committee that will be voting? The self preservationists will certainly want to keep us out if it means any of them staying up.

The SPFL Board consists of representatives from Celtic, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hamilton, Alloa & Stenhousemuir. Three of those clubs have artificial pitches.

I wouldn't be so sure about this folks. Who exactly sit on the committee that will be voting? The self preservationists will certainly want to keep us out if it means any of them staying up.

Does this come under the shamefully conserved by Aberdeen and Celtic 11-1 majority voting system?

The SPFL Board consists of representatives from Celtic, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hamilton, Alloa & Stenhousemuir. Three of those clubs have artificial pitches.

Plus Neil Doncaster and Ralph Topping. If it's a simple majority the 3 clubs you mention couldn't prevent a decision by the rest.

Does this come under the shamefully conserved by Aberdeen and Celtic 11-1 majority voting system?

if that's the case this gives me a bit more confidence.

Plus Neil Doncaster and Ralph Topping. If it's a simple majority the 3 clubs you mention couldn't prevent a decision by the rest.

This now gives me a lot less confidence!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plastic-pitches-could-bar-clubs-3037648

Is this a real threat or is it just the Retard (Daily) and the Retard (Cockwomble) talking shite?

You have to laugh.

You can get up nowadays with a complete shitehole of a stadium but if you have a pitch which makes you money and eliminates most postponements then you can be refused.

Not to mention it's ok to be run the shadiest characters imaginable.

Good old Donkey, still getting his priorities right i see

I was referring to the guy who was concerned about the clubs involved in relegation having some sort of say in the decision making process. Doncaster and Topping don't have club affiliations, so there's no reason for them to have ulterior motives.

You have to laugh.

You can get up nowadays with a complete shitehole of a stadium but if you have a pitch which makes you money and eliminates most postponements then you can be refused.

Not to mention it's ok to be run the shadiest characters imaginable.

Good old Donkey, still getting his priorities right i see

For once I'd give him a bit of credit here. He's not saying its unlikely, he's merely stating the rules - it's the a Record that's making it into a story. There's absolutely no reason to think we'd be refused. It might have been a useful wee reminder to the board that they'll need to approach the SPFL soon if we want promotion.

I was referring to the guy who was concerned about the clubs involved in relegation having some sort of say in the decision making process. Doncaster and Topping don't have club affiliations, so there's no reason for them to have ulterior motives.

No reason perhaps, however....................

Happy with this on the face of it - 6'5 so should provide a different option, striker was where we were weakest I'd say, and he's got some first team experience so we know he's not a complete Rakish Bingham.

On a different note, was looking at our fixture list. Three Saturdays in a row in March we are away from home, right about the time the weather is picking up and the season is getting into crunch time. We've got a Tuesday night home game against Dumbarton in there. This month and into the start of February we've got 3 home games out of four Saturdays, directly after Christmas when everyone is skint in the middle of the season when it's freezing. How is this fair financially?

Happy with this on the face of it - 6'5 so should provide a different option, striker was where we were weakest I'd say, and he's got some first team experience so we know he's not a complete Rakish Bingham.

On a different note, was looking at our fixture list. Three Saturdays in a row in March we are away from home, right about the time the weather is picking up and the season is getting into crunch time. We've got a Tuesday night home game against Dumbarton in there. This month and into the start of February we've got 3 home games out of four Saturdays, directly after Christmas when everyone is skint in the middle of the season when it's freezing. How is this fair financially?

Buy a season ticket. That's what REAL fans do.

© OneFinFalkirk