The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

4-2-3-1 is a game of chess at the top level at our level turns into defensive pish.

Formations don't win leagues at our level or the level above for me, tactics do

The McCall season u speak about convinced me to 3-5-2, tho don't think we have had a manager who has implemented it to similar effect since then.

We need to be on the front foot, 4-2-3-1 is being cagey and all McKinnon for me. I hope he has the McCall effect on me but to do it at league one with the biggest budget doesn't make him a tactical genius or a top manager

Depends how he plays it. Fullback going forward and leaving a three man defence with the midfield three and Sammon up top can hardly be described as defensive.

McKinnon needs to go for it this year or he's back to taxi work in Dundee.

5 minutes ago, GaryDoug said:

Depends how he plays it. Fullback going forward and leaving a three man defence with the midfield three and Sammon up top can hardly be described as defensive.

McKinnon needs to go for it this year or he's back to taxi work in Dundee.

Dixon is our left back, our centre halves are static of which I'd prefer Dixon to sweep behind both.

Dixon for me is s better centre half than left back now.

Time will tell but McKinnon as an attacking manager has yet to be seen, not just at Falkirk

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Dixon is our left back, our centre halves are static of which I'd prefer Dixon to sweep behind both.

Time will tell but McKinnon as an attacking manager has yet to be seen, not just at Falkirk

It's now, or literally never.

Yogi had a better record than McKinnon and never came back from relegating Raith. 

21 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I think Dixon will do ok at left back in this league. Next season may require a re think about a younger more mobile left back.  Of course there is always the chance that Durnan or Buchanan turn out to be absolutely shite or injured and he gets moved there anyway. 

I guess after 2 closed door games and the training in between we can expect the in or out for the ones we have on trial this week coming.... I imagine we need what.... 3, 4 in minimum, leaving us with maybe a loan or two nearer the end?

Toshney is more than adequate for a back up place in league 1 and has the bonus of covering two positions. Not sure who people expect us to get to sit on the bench in the third tier.

I couldn’t care less if it’s an old pals act. Far rather that than Ray signing players he hasn’t a clue about. We saw how that worked out last year. 

Edited by LatapyBairn

Toshney is more than adequate for a back up place in league 1 and has the bonus of covering two positions. Not sure who people expect us to get to sit on the bench in the third tier.
I couldn’t care less if it’s an old pals act. Far rather that than Ray signing players he hasn’t a clue about. We saw how that worked out last year. 

Maybe you could sit in the bench with your old pals act you fuckin stroker

Interesting thing popped up on Scot Footy Cards - this is from July 1986 as a summary of the season we came 2nd and got promoted to the Premier Division.

2nd and promoted, and look at that average attendance!

Brockville was wonderful, but not the packed bearpit we like to think it was sometimes.IMG_20190706_210921.jpg