Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Well, with the signings so far, we are pretty close to the point where failing to win the league will sit squarely with McKinnon. If the attitude is right, it’s hard to see this group failing. Famous last words and all that...

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, with the signings so far, we are pretty close to the point where failing to win the league will sit squarely with McKinnon. If the attitude is right, it’s hard to see this group failing. Famous last words and all that...

Our biggest problem may be injuries. 

If our squad is around 18 then any more than two out injured and we won't be able to fill the bench on a matchday. 

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Time and a plaice for everything.

For cod sake.  I’ve haddock up to here with these jokes.

Our biggest problem may be injuries. 
If our squad is around 18 then any more than two out injured and we won't be able to fill the bench on a matchday. 
Just subsidise it with players from the youth acad...

Nwvermind.

12 minutes ago, DUMFRIES_CREW said:

Falkirk Fc the new Gretna

Admin beckons

Good chat.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FFCEGM

Looking for as many views from all fans as possible prior to the EGM no confidence meeting on July 19th

Can the people at the meeting please add utterly pointless, massively limited polls to the list of complaints?

I hope they coughed up for the paid version rather than the free one which only allows them to see 100 responses.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Signing the players is the easy bit. Getting them moulded into a team is where the coaching comes in.

McKinnon will have a formation in mind but it depends if players gel together as hoped.

Sometimes the best players available don't make the best team. Over the decades I have seen signings that should work but it doesn't. Then  someone gets the chance and suddenly it clicks, not only for the player but the whole team. 

Crawford Baptie was a good example. Came in and suddenly players around him got better. Tighter defence , more dominant midfield and more goals scored.

Hope for a passing / pressing push and run style of play played in a sporting and fair way.

You and I have obviously come up through life watching the same Falkirk teams !!!

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Heard from good authority tonight that the ownership matter won’t be settled before a Christmas at the earliest.

Which Christmas?

3 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Burst if yous don’t get up emoji23.png

No chance of that. We're in no debt at the moment and the fans are waiting with an 800k cash injection if necessary.

Sammon will tear defences in that league apart but ffs don't give him a pizza for winning MOTM.

A failure at every club he has played for what's his goal scoring record.

Just now, Diamond legend said:

I wouldnt call 17 goals in 27 games in one season in the  top flight a failure. Lets face it if andy ryan can score 20 odd goals in a season at this level then he should do just fine.

We're new here and looking to make friends, dont start this pish ffs.

Just enjoy your four cup finals and Falkirk lending you brief and undue significance

Not a good thing being strong favourites I hope your team can't handle the pressure of playing teams who you think have no chance hard league to get out of bring it on.

You’re right, wish we were relegation candidates instead. God knows how Celtic, Man City, Bayern Munich and PSG cope every year.

Thats a fantastic signing for this level to be fair. 

36 minutes ago, Diamond legend said:

Depends how you look at it. If he's considered as a main striker then 1 goal every 5 games isn't great (although I'd expect this ratio to increase in L1 considering a lot of his games were in the EPL and Championship), if as a second striker making room and chances for others then I think he'll do ok. As good as we could expect given our circumstances I would say.