The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Of course it was, always is with players emoji6.png

2 hours travel time per day extra but you might get a wee bit more cash, not as if one team would offer £200 a week and the other £5000 a week, things like location make a difference when the money difference isn't huge. 

I know it's been a while since we've been to a few of these grounds and back in the early 80s we had some hard games, I've seen the word "bearpit" banded about, ok the forfar, Montrose etc fans may be passionate about their teams but the grounds are hardly intimidating unless its changed massively since we we're last down.

3 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

2 hours travel time per day extra but you might get a wee bit more cash, not as if one team would offer £200 a week and the other £5000 a week, things like location make a difference when the money difference isn't huge. 

I know it's been a while since we've been to a few of these grounds and back in the early 80s we had some hard games, I've seen the word "bearpit" banded about, ok the forfar, Montrose etc fans may be passionate about their teams but the grounds are hardly intimidating unless its changed massively since we we're last down.

It's the machine guns and barbed wire, imo. 

15 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Given that we will outnumber the home fans at all away games except Airdrie and Raith then WE will decide how intimidating the atmosphere will be.

15 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Plenty of artificial pitches in our league as well which will help.

Other factors come into play. Safety of fans traveling, having the stadium safe such as standing area clear of ice and snow. Factor in weather conditions such as wind, there be games postponed not due to the state of the pitch. 

I was joking FFS!

16 hours ago, strichener said:

You have much to learn my friend.  Mid-week games in the middle of winter is what the seaside leagues are all about.

Well last season there were absolutely none played in league one so i think you're talking pish. A couple of teams replayed a game in february and that was about it. Hardly what the seaside leagues are all about ffs.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Other factors come into play. Safety of fans traveling, having the stadium safe such as standing area clear of ice and snow. Factor in weather conditions such as wind, there be games postponed not due to the state of the pitch. 

Very few games in the winter last season. In fact some teams never played a midweek game all season. A couple of teams played on a tues in feb but that was about it.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hippo been patched due to DKD signing on the dotted line emoji7.png

I truly hope so DKD would rip this league a new one and only add to his sell on fee

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Perhaps.

It was expressed in typically wanky terms though.  Capitalising WE was a particular highlight.

You'd think you'd be ok with someone else expressing things in a typically wanky way, but whatevs.