The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

You forgot kicking the way he's pointing and then fist-pumping the crowd after a meaningless hard challenge on an opposition player doing nothing in the middle of the pitch. 

Which is EXACTLY what we were warned by St Johnstone fans.

Pretty sure he had a Dennonesque miss in front of goal too?

Getting shot of Paton for me was like getting a good player in.

I kinda accepted we were stuck with him and actually cheered out loud when he was away, then laughed a lot when I seen where

The buzz will come back when you see Falkirk doing well. 
I think every fan goes through this deflated stage when they feel their team is in a shite league. There’s plenty competition in league one to get your heart racing again. 

The buzz will come back when we see the promised change of ownership

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

More likely to get rearranged for when the weathers better and not the middle of winter.

Plenty of artificial pitches in our league as well which will help.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Is there any substance to either Hippo or FEB rumours?

Id take a punt on FEB, he's scored loads at this level before, hippo I'm not too fussed about.  Lazy, inconsistent and only turned up every handful of games.  DKD for me but as others have alluded to probably end up elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Id take a punt on FEB, he's scored loads at this level before, hippo I'm not too fussed about.  Lazy, inconsistent and only turned up every handful of games.  DKD for me but as others have alluded to probably end up elsewhere. 

Probably agree but with the player already signed a gamble on an unknown would be acceptable Farid and Lyle Taylor being two examples 

48 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

More likely to get rearranged for when the weathers better and not the middle of winter.

You have much to learn my friend.  Mid-week games in the middle of winter is what the seaside leagues are all about.

Just found out you chaps signed Sammon and I'm a bit disappointed we weren't in for him.

A hugely underrated player who was a bright spot for us in a fairly dismal relegation season. He's a much better footballer then he's given credit for, with the cliched "lovely touch for a big man" and a good turn of pace.

I'm frankly surprised he dropped down two divisions as he could have done an excellent job for any of the Championship sides. You guys must be paying him a decent wedge to tempt him down to the third tier.

17 minutes ago, velo army said:

You guys must be paying him a decent wedge to tempt him down to the third tier.

Possibly, but he’s a family guy, and we are a fifteen minute drive from his home. He’s at a stage of his life when that sort of stuff matters.

You forgot kicking the way he's pointing and then fist-pumping the crowd after a meaningless hard challenge on an opposition player doing nothing in the middle of the pitch. 

Which is EXACTLY what we were warned by St Johnstone fans.
[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

28 minutes ago, velo army said:

Just found out you chaps signed Sammon and I'm a bit disappointed we weren't in for him.

You guys must be paying him a decent wedge to tempt him down to the third tier.

You were in for him, but the deciding factor was location rather than money.

More impressed with Sammon post interview - reeking echo aside - sounds like he’s a far better put together bloke than I ever have him credit for.

Some cracking experience to have around a team in League 1 and all - hoping for a few more signings for the squad and let’s get after it against Peterhead