The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Until someone can prove to me that it directly impacts what I see on the pitch on a Saturday, I have less than zero interest in "community projects" at Falkirk, Stranraer, Peterhead, Barcelona or anywhere else. Your "cocky shower" comments are just wild. Again, short of a few posts or a bit of bravado on a message board or twitter, the likes of which you see from supporters of practically every club, I singularly fail to see where this is coming from. Not from the dressing room or manager's office. And, anyway, I would not mind seeing a Falkirk side with a bit of swagger again, would make a very pleasant change from the low (make that no) expectations culture promoted so relentlessly by The Gang over the past decade or so. 

The Cocky shower comment is not wild. It's how the opposition will see us if we carry on like this.  I want a bit of swagger and style about the way we play as well. 

The point I am making is let the results do the talking. That's fair !

2 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

after the last few years im just looking forward to Falkirk winning some games...Particularly as my son has started coming and its been dire,. Will be good for him to experience more goals, more wins and enjoy it each Saturday instead of me having to convince him to come along

Always a difficult time. I assume your wife's having to wash his sheets most days?

The Cocky shower comment is not wild. It's how the opposition will see us if we carry on like this.  I want a bit of swagger and style about the way we play as well. 
The point I am making is let the results do the talking. That's fair !

Let’s face it, we are the scalp in this league no matter what a fans forum comments amount to.

I expect to walk the league and I’ll maybe give a round of applause at the end of the season, I’ll certainly not be jumping about wildly.

If it doesn’t turn out that way then the manager has failed badly.

NB I reserve the right to get p*shed at a right few away games and enjoy myself wildly there.

Guest Ecosse83
12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Always a difficult time. I assume your wife's having to wash his sheets most days?

🙈

Noticed this on the official Swans site...……...he could certainly do a job at Division 1 level

Striker Botti Biabi has also left the club after being released from his contract. The Scot joined from Falkirk in August 2015, and went on to spend time on loan at Hamilton and Macclesfield

44 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Let’s face it, we are the scalp in this league no matter what a fans forum comments amount to.

I expect to walk the league and I’ll maybe give a round of applause at the end of the season, I’ll certainly not be jumping about wildly.

If it doesn’t turn out that way then the manager has failed badly.

NB I reserve the right to get p*shed at a right few away games and enjoy myself wildly there.

That's going to be the fun bit. Away days to grounds we have not been to in years. Its remembering the good pubs you used to go to and the good chip shops on the way back from a long return trip. 

Falkirk should win this league with a decent amount to spare. Mckinnon is still a decent manager, looks like he is being backed decently and has made some really good signings. It would take a pretty monumental balls up for Falkirk not to have the league sewn up with a bit to spare. 

Don’t think it’s a cocky attitude to expect to win the league comfortably, anything else would be a massive failure for them. Scores of fans from other clubs will likely take exception to this, but that’s part of the territory with being in this league. We are 2nd favourites with the bookies, and we have assembled a good solid League 1 squad. Not that I have a problem with that, but it shows the standard of direct competition. When we had our first season in this league, we were neck and neck with Ayr, and miles clear of everyone else – and I would imagine Falkirk would have a significantly better squad that we had at that time.

Don’t get me wrong, there are some good sides in this league. Going away to the likes of Forfar, Montrose et al can cause difficulties. But over the course of the season most teams will take points off each other, preventing the majority of sides from going on the type of run needed to challenge for a title.

Apart from anything else, even if Falkirk get off to an awful start and languish behind, they will be able to bring quality in the January window that other sides in this league will struggle to.

Falkirk wont win every week and will have some daft results I’m sure, but coming down to this league with the expectation of a relatively comfortable league win isn’t unreasonable.

3 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Noticed this on the official Swans site...……...he could certainly do a job at Division 1 level

Striker Botti Biabi has also left the club after being released from his contract. The Scot joined from Falkirk in August 2015, and went on to spend time on loan at Hamilton and Macclesfield

Decent skill but too lightweight.

Incredible to think Falkirk have sunk to the point that Connor Sammon is a decent signing in 2019.
Average age of the squad must be closing in on 30 now, surely? I'm sure they'll all stay fit though.
Dont do this m9. Its unbecoming.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Incredible to think Falkirk have sunk to the point that Connor Sammon is a decent signing in 2019.

Average age of the squad must be closing in on 30 now, surely? I'm sure they'll all stay fit though.

You worry about Patons closed eyed hoofballs and we'll worry about the fitness of our squad. I doubt it'll actually be an issue unless we sign Denny johnson, though if we are going for a small squad, is that a risk we can take?

You worry about Patons closed eyed hoofballs and we'll worry about the fitness of our squad. I doubt it'll actually be an issue unless we sign Denny johnson, though if we are going for a small squad, is that a risk we can take?

Would imagine that’s why we’ll take 6-8 weeks to decide on him.

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Wouldn't complain if he came in, Sammon to pass on his experience would benefit him and in this league would help.

37 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Sammon would've got a game last season for us and your lot, probably same could be said for your lot this season too

Remind us of the striking masters Dunf have this season ?

Scoop the ball right over the top for absolutely no one to run on to? Start pointing his finger at teammates? Slides in on an opposition player for no real reason? Gets booked and gives away a free kick about 25 yards away from goal that you concede from? That the same Paul Paton?

13 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Scoop the ball right over the top for absolutely no one to run on to? Start pointing his finger at teammates? Slides in on an opposition player for no real reason? Gets booked and gives away a free kick about 25 yards away from goal that you concede from? That the same Paul Paton?

You forgot kicking the way he's pointing and then fist-pumping the crowd after a meaningless hard challenge on an opposition player doing nothing in the middle of the pitch. 

Which is EXACTLY what we were warned by St Johnstone fans.