The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I saw two strikers yesterday, just to start a rumour, and seeing it worked with the RB one I did before, one used to play for us hibs and Celtic, the other is fishy.

The 1st is just random, however didn’t know he was back in the country, maybe the 2nd one worth a shout?

Obviously Stokes then?

If he doesn't play an attacking style of football and we do change owners I think he will be lucky to see September out, especially if the Indian bid is succesful.

A Yogi homecoming if he leaves?

2 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

IMG_2506.jpg Least he might score

Nah, he won't. He'll be presented with an open pair of legs and half turn away in confusion, before watching a grateful fullback dive in instead. 

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Remember we signed Zak just before the deadline so not exactly if great strikers are just floating about without a club.

We're just waiting for Morton to do our scouting for us again. 

Exactly and that for me is why he doesn't see it as his priority.
Of course he'll see it as a priority. He'll want to win games, so he knows he needs a good striker.

If you believe some managers aren't bothered about getting a good quality striker, then your delusional.

Of course he'll see it as a priority. He'll want to win games, so he knows he needs a good striker.

If you believe some managers aren't bothered about getting a good quality striker, then your delusional.

I see it as McKinnon is more focused on not losing matches. I still believe a different approach towards the end of last season might have saved us from relegation. It's in his psyche he can't help it he has shown a cautious, defend first approach at every club he has managed.

I see it as McKinnon is more focused on not losing matches.i still believe a different approach towards the end of last season might have saved us from relegation. It's in his payche, he can't help it, he has shown a cautious, defend first approach at every club he has managed.
I'm not being funny, but when he did play 2 up top near the end of last season, it didn't work and we conceded goals.

He knows he has to win the league this season, and the only way to do that, is to win as many games as you can. Looking at the squad he has assembled so far, I'd say it's looking like a team that will create chances. He's got wingers and midfielders that can create opportunities. I'd be more concerned if he was signing up 3 or 4 defensive midfielders.

Since you clearly don't like McKinnon, I'll ask you this. If we changed manager would we have anywhere near the quality we have brought in so far? I'd say no. Most of these players have mentioned that they've enjoyed working with Ray and that helped their decision.

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

I'm not being funny, but when he did play 2 up top near the end of last season, it didn't work and we conceded goals.

He knows he has to win the league this season, and the only way to do that, is to win as many games as you can. Looking at the squad he has assembled so far, I'd say it's looking like a team that will create chances. He's got wingers and midfielders that can create opportunities. I'd be more concerned if he was signing up 3 or 4 defensive midfielders.

Since you clearly don't like McKinnon, I'll ask you this. If we changed manager would we have anywhere near the quality we have brought in so far? I'd say no. Most of these players have mentioned that they've enjoyed working with Ray and that helped their decision.

I reckon if we had got someone else in last year we wouldn't be in league one . In saying that we're stuck with him at the moment and signings so far have been promising.  Anything other than 1st this season though and he needs to be punted.

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I see it as McKinnon is more focused on not losing matches. I still believe a different approach towards the end of last season might have saved us from relegation. It's in his psyche he can't help it he has shown a cautious, defend first approach at every club he has managed.

This.