Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

EGM is open to any shareholder. It's not about ownership.

Pretty sure it was for the MSG to answer some of the decisions made if i mind right the FH said there was 8 questions the other shareholders wanted answers to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am hearing that the wonderful people in the Boardroom and MSG have organised the EGM that has been called for 10am on a Friday morning.

Yes correct 10am 19th July. I’ll hopefully be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

For those renewing, I would ask this.... The rest of us can point to 10 years of decline including this last disastrous season (if you want to take 2009 as the start point, choose your own if you wish) and use that ten years as a form guide to indicate the trend and capabilities of the MSGs stewardship of the club.

This is what we are using to make our decision not to renew.

Those who are renewing and endorsing their stewardship in doing so.... What do you have at hand to suggest they are capable.of reversing the clubs fortunes and putting us on an upward trajectory?

Aye but I like going to sit and gab with my auld man for 90 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a really really shite draw.

Assuming we get Celtic Colts in the next round I'm going to be fuming if Karamoko Dembele isn't put eight foot in the air within the first 5 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Home vs Celtic Colts or Queens Park in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup (can't believe I just wrote that)
 
They could put coconut on it & I'd still not give a log!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am hearing that the wonderful people in the Boardroom and MSG have organised the EGM that has been called for 10am on a Friday morning.


If someone wants to go to the EGM then they will go no matter what time it’s at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

 


If someone wants to go to the EGM then they will go no matter what time it’s at.

 

They're forcing a lot of people to take a day off work that some perhaps cant afford to take though.  They never hold the normal AGM during the day so why the hell would they hold an EGM at this time other than to try and prevent people from going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, that begs the question of whether or not the BoD will still be in place on the 19th of July, and that date (the 19th), gives them sufficient time to complete the sale of their shares.

Of course, it also raises the chances that they no longer intend selling up at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Now, that begs the question of whether or not the BoD will still be in place on the 19th of July, and that date (the 19th), gives them sufficient time to complete the sale of their shares.

Of course, it also raises the chances that they no longer intend selling up at all.

that date must be pretty close to the deadline in which they had to call it, given themselves as much time as possible to get out the door before hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

They're forcing a lot of people to take a day off work that some perhaps cant afford to take though.  They never hold the normal AGM during the day so why the hell would they hold an EGM at this time other than to try and prevent people from going.

This EGM is an unfortunate distraction to the negotiations that are taking place now to sell the club. Why would the BoD make it easy for hundreds of people to attend and hurl abuse. The security costs that will be necessary would also be better spent elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn said:

This EGM is an unfortunate distraction to the negotiations that are taking place now to sell the club. Why would the BoD make it easy for hundreds of people to attend and hurl abuse. The security costs that will be necessary would also be better spent elsewhere.

Honestly you couldn't make this pish up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This EGM is an unfortunate distraction to the negotiations that are taking place now to sell the club. Why would the BoD make it easy for hundreds of people to attend and hurl abuse. The security costs that will be necessary would also be better spent elsewhere.

I’m handing you the award just now for best Comedian on the site 2019.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

 

That’s on the assumption that they will sell up, which I believe a few are reluctant to do at the moment? There is no guarantee that they will sell is there?  

I obviously don't know the insider details of what's happening, but from the very first day after relegation I got one consistent message from folk at the club - the owners want out.

That hasn't wavered in the slightest. I don't know when they're going, or who they'll pass the baton to, but I am certain that they WILL sell up. 

In the meantime if fans want to hold off buying tickets or merchandise that's their choice. I just don't believe it makes any difference the ultimate sale of the club. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I obviously don't know the insider details of what's happening, but from the very first day after relegation I got one consistent message from folk at the club - the owners want out.

That hasn't wavered in the slightest. I don't know when they're going, or who they'll pass the baton to, but I am certain that they WILL sell up. 

In the meantime if fans want to hold off buying tickets or merchandise that's their choice. I just don't believe it makes any difference the ultimate sale of the club. 

 

I don't really have any insider info however I have heard a few people saying that Lex Miller and Andy Thompson in particular were making things difficult. Again these have all been rumours however they are consistent with a few people I have spoken to. 

I get there is a business process and due diligence to be followed here I am just not convinced it will happen, although would love to be proven wrong. 

You are correct it will only make a difference if the club isn't sold however until it is I remain firm on my stance as I am sure will others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

This EGM is an unfortunate distraction to the negotiations that are taking place now to sell the club. Why would the BoD make it easy for hundreds of people to attend and hurl abuse. The security costs that will be necessary would also be better spent elsewhere.

alfred hitchcock GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Home vs Celtic Colts or Queens Park in the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup (can't believe I just wrote that)

 

An excellent opportunity for a boycott. I won't be going if it's a fucking Colts side that's for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...